MID 7024 Teardown

marilia

Apr 19, 2011
Oh, I've managed to brick my 7024 yesterday as well. I've been unable to restore it the way it should be restored (or, at least, the way we think it should be restored)... it seems that the Power+Home combination is worthless to restore the system.

All in all, I could get it working again by following zentsang's instructions found here. Of course, it didn't came back as if nothing had happened. The camera does not work anymore, there's 2 volume icons that won't go away on the top bar, and there are come applications that are relatively useless on a 7024, but other than that, I'm happy to have it working again.

By reading the posts here, I've been wondering if there aren't anyone around here who's brave enough to pry open their 7024 and fairly proficient on linux to make a full dump of their internal SD card using dd... but then I've read that the system on the 7024 is stored on a separate nand, unrelated to that internal SD card.

Well, I've probably wrote a lot of nonsense just now, so I apologise for that.

Criscroc, there is a person in this blog Tutorial: Aumentando a memória interna do Kyros Coby MID7024 that did exactly what you asked. He copied the internal sd card and change it for one with more storage capacity, and it worked! I suggest you contact him maybe he finds a way to send you the copy of the sdcard he made. The blog post is in Portuguese but I see you will have no problems because you are from Brazil. For the others I suggest google translator...

criscroc

Jul 19, 2011
Marilia, I really appreciate your concern, but as I have already figured out, simply backing up the internal SD card from a working device and restoring it to my 7024 wouldn't help me. Nevertheless, I've been able to restore my 7024 to a working state (no camera, though), and I'm researching some way to get the camera working again.

But I really, really thank you!