MID7024 "Official" and Custom ROMs

permansu

Jun 13, 2011
I'm updating my rom..any requested app that i should include? I already added Gmail, Google Market (3.1.5), Superuser 3.0, Google+ 1.0.7, facebook, es file explorer 1.6.0.6...also chainfrost can be installed properly now..
Hi flxrms. Thanks for your efforts. The truth is that I don`t know anything about android, this kyros is my first android tablet. So I don`t know if it's possible with this version of the software, or if that capabilities are only available with gingerbread. Your rom would be more than perfect for me, if it have the ability to install TTS voices, and if I could connect via pptp. That is, rather than apps, what I really need is that in settings, I can acces "voice input & output", and vpn configuration. All I know is I'm asking a lot. No matter if not possible what I am asking, your rom will be my favorite one, because its advantages. Thanks again.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Do not try it since I have only the original firmware "MID8024-Firmware.zip"u-boot.bin file but other files are the firmware "CFW-7024-V2.rar" u-boot-sd. bin, u-boot.arg, and set_bootargs not in the firmware "MID8024-Firmware.zip" thenwhich files do not replace them by, for example in the file is the value set_bootargs"lcd ut7gm setenv" and this does not correspond with the value of the kyros 8024, but would be very interested in applying the firmware "CFW-7024-V2.rar" and youget them to work with the new market the location on google maps, I have not beenin any way.

regards

Hmm google translate?

You only need uboot.bin of original 8024 firmware. Delete the other 4 files and you can use my firmware.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

jmv_10

Jun 13, 2011
Hmm google translate? Yes

"You only need uboot.bin of original 8024 firmware. Delete the other 4 files and you can use my firmware. "

Thank you very much, now if understood, at night I try it and I tell them

tehmonkey

May 17, 2011
great cfw ive been tryin so hard to get the android market on my tab but couldnt until now that i have ur cfw thx alot no problems yet everything seems to work fine

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011

tehmonkey

May 17, 2011
well i got the new market and im not having any problems with it ive downloaded all the apps i need and wanted ever since i got this tab so im good for now thx alot... hey is the processing speed faster? or is it still 998mhz?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
try installing Antutu Benchmark you can see your system info and also benchmark your tablet... the cpu is overclock to 1.149mhz..please note battery will not last as long as 998mhz.

tehmonkey

May 17, 2011
does it matter if my internal memory is the 2gb instead of the regular 512mb? u know how u have the option of making it 1gb or 2gb i chose the 2g i wonder if it gives me a lower score on antutu benchmark cause i got 3121 score on the benchmark it is running at 1.149mhz... i havent seen much change on my battery life it still last a pretty good amount of time maybe cause i dont use it as much as you guys since i only use it for browsing and youtube

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
does it matter if my internal memory is the 2gb instead of the regular 512mb? u know how u have the option of making it 1gb or 2gb i chose the 2g i wonder if it gives me a lower score on antutu benchmark cause i got 3121 score on the benchmark it is running at 1.149mhz... i havent seen much change on my battery life it still last a pretty good amount of time maybe cause i dont use it as much as you guys since i only use it for browsing and youtube

nope it doesnt matter...well it matters if your installing lots of app..normally android 2.2+ will install part of the application on your sdcard..
:) if you look at your settings->application->manage application->on sd card.. you can see the list of apps installed in your sdcard.. you can now actually move it back to your phone if you want.

jmv_10

Jun 13, 2011
I could install without any inconvenience to flxrms version, with the tips mentioned by my kyros flxrms 8024,.
The operation is only right that achieves operating the location in google maps 1once, and then not work for me anymore so far.

regards

And many thanks for helping flxrms

Arlic

May 13, 2011
I bricked my Coby MID 8024 AGAIN!!! :-(
But, only a "SOFT" brick not a "HARD" brick. :))
SOFT=SOFTWARE ONLY FIX
HARD=HARDWARE ONLY FIX
I tried the ROM "CFW-7024-V2.rar" from "flxrms", and it "soft" bricked my MID8024. :-(
I first dumped the stuff to the root, then deleted 4 files: "u-boot-SD.bin", "u-boot.arg", "set_bootargs", and "uboot.bin".
I then added the file "uboot.bin" from the original file "MID8024-Firmware.zip".
Went into "normal" recovery mode and it flashed the ROM and shut off the 8024.
When I turned on the 8024 again I found out that it was indeed "soft" bricked again. :-(
Of coarse, I knew what to do. :) Follow steps on this post:
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/21821-guide-reviving-your-tablet-in-windows/
And the Coby gave me the "White Screen Of Death" again. Fun. I dumped the original 8024
ROM on the SD and am now running again.
BTW, I used HxD Editter 1.7.7.0 instead of Winimage.

Did I do something wrong??

If you own a MID8024 do not use the "CFW-7024-V2.rar" ROM you might brick it.

I have "soft" bricked my 8024 at least 4 times and "hard" bricked it once(one time is enough),
so I was prepared for it.

Wait, until others have tested these ROM's on the SAME model number as yours or be ready to say goodbye
to your Coby.

Bye...
Arlic

Arlic

May 13, 2011
Here I leave the rom that uses my kyros I 8024 is the portable version of the custom rom "CFW-7024-V2.rar", all credits are for flxrms!

https://rapidshare.com/files/627859604/CFW-8024-V2.rar

regards

Cool.......its not bricked...cool. Now I have to add the 8G sd card and use the mbr files for more space on this thing.

BTW, what did you change to get it to work?? Also, did anyone (7024/1024/8024) get a gingerbread rom to work yet??

Just wondering.

Thanks jmv_10 you rock.

Bye...
ToM