MID7024 "Official" and Custom ROMs

rain

May 5, 2011
Only his last rom uses modified utscript.....
i think i did the internal card size upgrade with V2 okay and did not mess it up .
if i go into settings/sd card, total storage is 7.60, available 7.50
antutu numbers for the card ( choosing the second one ) are : 19.9 MB/s and 15.2 MB/s, and it feels quicker

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Gotcha, thanks. Then I don't understand why it didn't work with the sd_mbr.dat for 4GB cards... It seems that utscript.sh runs only the part for "pure sd system upgrade" in the OFW for 1024. Or I missed something? :(

it will work..you just didnt use the updated utscript.sh that i shared. also i shared in this thread the 8gb mbr you just have to back read...i gave it to rain since he replace his microsd to 8gb.

you need to use the specific mbr for 4gb and 8gb..if you use the 8gb mbr for 4gb internal sdcard..you will mess us your internal sd card and may brick your tablet.

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I'm updating my rom..any requested app that i should include? I already added Gmail, Google Market (3.1.5), Superuser 3.0, Google+ 1.0.7, facebook, es file explorer 1.6.0.6...also chainfrost can be installed properly now..

Arlic

May 13, 2011
I hope someday to have it in my kyros 8024

regards

It looks like you and I are the only ones here that also have a 8024. So, how did you get the "CFW-7024-V2.rar" file by "flxrms" to work on the 8024??

Delete files u-boot-sd.bin, u-boot.arg, u-boot.bin, and set_bootargs and replace with original 8024 ones. And also, edit "Build.prop" file?? What do I edit?

How does it work on a 8024........does it work??

Just wondering.......

Bye...
ToM

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
It looks like you and I are the only ones here that also have a 8024. So, how did you get the "CFW-7024-V2.rar" file by "flxrms" to work on the 8024??

Delete files u-boot-sd.bin, u-boot.arg, u-boot.bin, and set_bootargs and replace with original 8024 ones. And also, edit "Build.prop" file?? What do I edit?

Just wondering.......

Bye...
ToM

well it should work :) 7024/8024 use the same utmodules... i actually used the 8024 firmware and use a different boot loader for 7inch tablet when the first official firmware was release.

also i think for location to work you need to update to latest google market..but this is just a guess...when i first try to use google maps i cant locate myself automagically.. but when the market was updated... auto location via wifi works, but still not conclusive..still need to be test properly..

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I'm updating my rom..any requested app that i should include? I already added Gmail, Google Market (3.1.5), Superuser 3.0, Google+ 1.0.7, facebook, es file explorer 1.6.0.6...also chainfrost can be installed properly now..

Just a heads up, ES File Explorer 1.6.0.7 has been released.

1. V1.6.0.7
  2. 1) Sugarsync support(Slide left to Net)
  3. 2) MD5, SHA1 checksum
  4. 3) Fix Gmail upload issue
  5. 4) unpack multi-vol rar

Download

Last edited:

tehmonkey

May 17, 2011
hey guys im trying to flash the cfw7024 from flxrms but it doesnt read the image thats what it says when i try flashing it am i doing it wrong?
i put the .zip file on the root of my sd card and then i go into recovery volume up+power button but it just doesnt read it...any help?

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
You have to extract the rar file using WinRAR or similar, then copy the files to your (preferably freshly formatted) SD card.

The root of your SD card should look something like:

1G-InternalMemory/
2G-InternalMemory/
board.7024.tgz
logo.bmp
patch.patch_sd_path_extsd.tgz
recovery
rootme/
sd_mbr.dat
set_bootargs
u-boot-sd.bin
u-boot.arg
u-boot.bin
utscript
utscript.sh
utscript_sd
utv210_root.tgz
utv210_userdata.tgz
zImage
zImage.debug

jmv_10

Jun 13, 2011

Just wondering.......

Bye...
ToM

Do not try it since I have only the original firmware "MID8024-Firmware.zip"u-boot.bin file but other files are the firmware "CFW-7024-V2.rar" u-boot-sd. bin, u-boot.arg, and set_bootargs not in the firmware "MID8024-Firmware.zip" thenwhich files do not replace them by, for example in the file is the value set_bootargs"lcd ut7gm setenv" and this does not correspond with the value of the kyros 8024, but would be very interested in applying the firmware "CFW-7024-V2.rar" and youget them to work with the new market the location on google maps, I have not beenin any way.

regards