MID7024 "Official" and Custom ROMs

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Its easier to mod a fresh stock firmware..what did you use?
I used the coby 1024 firmware, but I tried to edit the build.prop and it causes wifi to not connect....The one I'm testing right now is pretty good, now I'm seeing which build prop edit caused the problem.....It works fine with stock build prop

jmv_10

Jun 13, 2011
@flxrms

"I kinda updated my V2 a little bit and i only tested today googlemaps i can now automatically locate myself. "

made to work as the location in google maps?

regards

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
@flxrms

"I kinda updated my V2 a little bit and i only tested today googlemaps i can now automatically locate myself. "

made to work as the location in google maps?

regards

Yes auto locate in google maps.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

Arlic

May 13, 2011
Ok, have a resurrected Coby MID8024 that has been brought back to life after about weeks. It was "hard" bricked(flat-lined) no life signs at all. :-((

So, what has happened in the past3 weeks?? Any good ROMS for the 8024........that actually run. :)) Don't know if I want to try another ROM that might kill my Coby again. Also, did anyone ever make a list of 7024/1024/8024 ROMS and what features they have???

Just wondering.

Bye...
Arlic.......back from the dead.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Ok, have a resurrected Coby MID8024 that has been brought back to life after about weeks. It was "hard" bricked(flat-lined) no life signs at all. :-((

So, what has happened in the past3 weeks?? Any good ROMS for the 8024........that actually run. :)) Don't know if I want to try another ROM that might kill my Coby again. Also, did anyone ever make a list of 7024/1024/8024 ROMS and what features they have???

Just wondering.

Bye...
Arlic.......back from the dead.

Care to give instruction on how you revive your tablett? What rom your using now?

*edit ok i saw your post at other thread.

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
For those getting a lot of incompatible apps in the Market with flxrms's CFW-V2, I found the fix here:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...new-market-7022-here-you-go-8.html#post135096

Change lcd density from 162 to 160 in /system/build.prop

Reboot

(The status bar will look messed up)

Wipe market data (you can use titanium backup for this)

Open the Market once

Change LCD density back to 162

Reboot again

Thanks for the tip steeve.

**Edit
i tried this and lots of apps im not seeing before is now available, also im using the latest google market 3.1.5 ...now if only i can automate this thing.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Android 2.2 for Kyros 7024 base on the 20110516.191834 Build from Kyros 1024 firmware.

[...]

There's 3 additional folder that you can see i guess this is self explanatory already.

1G-Internal Memory - Just copy the sd_mbr.dat and replace the root directory copy if you want 1gb internal memory.
2G-Internal Memory - Just copy the sd_mbr.dat and replace the root directory copy if you want 2gb internal memory.
Rootme - (For rooting..just attach your tablet to your PC via USB then run the batch file "root.bat", this will copy superuser)

*** I test this rom with my own Kyros 7024 Tablet and im sure that this is working...But it doesn't mean this will work for you perfectly. ***
https://rapidshare.com/files/2102111629/CFW-7024-V2.rar

Please note if you dont want overclocking replace "u-boot.arg,u-boot.bin,u-boot.sd and setbootargs" with the official u-boot.bin of OFW 7024

How does sd_mbr.dat work? It needs a modified utscript to work? I tried using the 1GB one with OFW 1024 and it did nothing... I plan to upgrade the internal SD card to a 8GB class 10 soon so it would be a good mod if it works. ;)

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
You need to use a modified utscript and if your going to use 8gig you need the 8gb sdmbr i think i already shared it here just look for it.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You need to use a modified utscript and if your going to use 8gig you need the 8gb sdmbr i think i already shared it here just look for it.

Well, not in this thread from what I've searched... Anyway, I was testing with a normal 4GB card, copied the file from "1G-Internal Memory", flashed the ROM but nothing happened.

Only copying the file to the root folder of the SD card where the rest of the files are is enough or for it to work I must do something else when using OFW?

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010

Do you have an sdmbr for 16gb card, or how can I make one?

Thanks

Sent from my CFW-MID7024 using Tapatalk

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Well, not in this thread from what I've searched... Anyway, I was testing with a normal 4GB card, copied the file from "1G-Internal Memory", flashed the ROM but nothing happened.

Only copying the file to the root folder of the SD card where the rest of the files are is enough or for it to work I must do something else when using OFW?
Flxrms post #70 shared 8gb internal mem fix and modified utscript is in that file. I don't know if it will work for 4gb but here is the link to that post

in order for this to work. You must rename the "file"inside of the folder to"sd_mbr.dat" depending on the one you choose and use the modified utscript, otherwise the normal utscript will not look at sd_mbr to make changes.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Flxrms post #70 shared 8gb internal mem fix and modified utscript is in that file. I don't know if it will work for 4gb but here is the link to that post

in order for this to work. You must rename the "file"inside of the folder to"sd_mbr.dat" depending on the one you choose and use the modified utscript, otherwise the normal utscript will not look at sd_mbr to make changes.

Gotcha, thanks. Then I don't understand why it didn't work with the sd_mbr.dat for 4GB cards... It seems that utscript.sh runs only the part for "pure sd system upgrade" in the OFW for 1024. Or I missed something? :(