MID7024 "Official" and Custom ROMs

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Actually I'm also having problems running ES File Explorer as root on flxrms's CFW-V2. Doesn't matter if I root using my update tarball, SuperOneClick, or root.bat.

I always get, "ES File Explorer has been granted SuperUser permissions." then immediately after it says, "Sorry, test failed. This feature cannot run on your phone."

I see there's an update for ES File Explorer in the Market, but I can't install it.
"Your device is not compatible with this item"

rain

May 5, 2011
Actually I'm also having problems running ES File Explorer as root on flxrms's CFW-V2. Doesn't matter if I root using my update tarball, SuperOneClick, or root.bat.

I always get, "ES File Explorer has been granted SuperUser permissions." then immediately after it says, "Sorry, test failed. This feature cannot run on your phone."

I see there's an update for ES File Explorer in the Market, but I can't install it.
your forgetting about a whole gang of people over here -> HeroTab C8 Firmware / Development - SlateDroid.com
who run 'ES File Explorer' rooted like its a piece of cake . . . badda boom, badda bing.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
@Flxrms
Friend, the following happened now. I do not know why, but he did not want to upgrade with no Rom. He started to update then, late in the first place he stopped. So I hung up and did it again. I did it with C8lean and it updated.

Then I was trying to put your V2 ROM on it and then he did not want to upgrade again. And then I went again, only I held the buttons to update more and then when he started, he hung up. Now when I turn it on, only the LEDs light up and he does not care.

Can you help me? I think the nand has been deleted, do not know.

Any ideas?

I dont have any idea why it happened. But its really not good to stop the update specially the part wheb uboot is being updated.

Did you format the sdcard before copying the firmware?

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011

I was able to run es explorer in root mode before but the new test firmware v3 im using now show that error message of "sorry test failed" from es explorer. I know my tablet is rooted because chainfire 3d is running.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I was able to run es explorer in root mode before but the new test firmware v3 im using now show that error message of "sorry test failed" from es explorer. I know my tablet is rooted because chainfire 3d is running.

Updating to the latest version fixed it for me:
Download

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
I created a new rom , but when I add Gapps it doesn't boot.
My question is should I use latest version or find old froyo version
and secondly are some of the gapps not compatible

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I created a new rom , but when I add Gapps it doesn't boot.
My question is should I use latest version or find old froyo version
and secondly are some of the gapps not compatible

use the old version..im updating my firmware to use the latest version but it hang at android logo bootup..took me whole day to find out its the new google apps..

rain

May 5, 2011
Updating to the latest version fixed it for me:
Download
i cannot un-install 'es file explorer' because it appears that it is baked into the firmware. it only lets me clear data. Hmmm, titanium backup to the rescue . . .
okay. i did a force un-install of it. seems like the process worked. wow... surprise ! went to the market and the market said it would not allow me to load the app on the tablet. i am not compatible.
okay... went to the source, www.estrongs.com downloaded version 1.6.0.6 and installed it. well all right ! ! ! works fine. roots fine...

Last edited:

jmv_10

Jun 13, 2011
@flxrms

flxrms would like to use the firmware mod "CFW-7024-V2.rar" but I have a 8024 tablet and I wonder if the only change that would have to do is "mid7024 to mid8024" in the file init.smdkv210.rc.
Greetings and thanks

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
@flxrms

flxrms would like to use the firmware mod "CFW-7024-V2.rar" but I have a 8024 tablet and I wonder if the only change that would have to do is "mid7024 to mid8024" in the file init.smdkv210.rc.
Greetings and thanks

You have to delete the uboot.bin(4 files) and replace it with the stock uboot.bin of 8024.

Build.prop needs to be edited too.

But this is not tested.

Last edited:

jmv_10

Jun 13, 2011
You have to delete the uboot.bin(4 files) and replace it with the stock uboot.bin of 8024.

Build.prop needs to be edited too.

But this is not tested.

Many thanks for the tip, but I have only 3 files that's fine no 4 (u-boot-sd.bin, u-boot.arg, u-boot.bin) or some file are missing me more?
Greetings and Thanks

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Many thanks for the tip, but I have only 3 files that's fine no 4 (u-boot-sd.bin, u-boot.arg, u-boot.bin) or some file are missing me more?
Greetings and Thanks

Its the one with set_bootargs. Sorry im not in front of my pc. It must be 4 files to delete.

Also you must not replace the kernel or it will not work (zimage files)

I kinda updated my V2 a little bit and i only tested today googlemaps i can now automatically locate myself.

Last edited:

jmv_10

Jun 13, 2011
Its the one with setarg. Sorry im not in front of my pc. It must be 4 files to delete.

Also you must not replace the kernel or it will not work (zimage files)

I kinda updated my V2 a little bit and i only tested today googlemaps i can now automatically locate myself.

First of all thank you very much for your good predispocicion to help! Sorry but I do not understand where or what files I have to remove and replace so you are in theoriginal firmware kyros 8024. On the other hand got it to work properly as the location on google maps a function that always want to have.

Greetings and Thanks

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Thanks Flxrms, The rom I created booted after using older Google apps, but now I have two problems... Wifi says unable to scan after I try to connect after first boot and will not scan for networks after that.
Second I am unable to root the tablet. I re-installed update firmware and everything works there.(wifi and I can root the tablet)Do you think editing the default.prop or build.prop cause these problems. I also edited smdkv210 and enabled bluetooth,and gps but since wifi wasn't connecting I just put back stock smdkv210 and had same problem.

Im not sure what caused the problems so Im starting over fresh.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Thanks Flxrms, The rom I created booted after using older Google apps, but now I have two problems... Wifi says unable to scan after I try to connect after first boot and will not scan for networks after that.
Second I am unable to root the tablet. I re-installed update firmware and everything works there.(wifi and I can root the tablet)Do you think editing the default.prop or build.prop cause these problems. I also edited smdkv210 and enabled bluetooth,and gps but since wifi wasn't connecting I just put back stock smdkv210 and had same problem.

Im not sure what caused the problems so Im starting over fresh.

Its easier to mod a fresh stock firmware..what did you use?