New Coby 7022-4G

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I wouldn't buy that unless it was confirmed that it was a 7022 because the 7024 is the same price still at the retail stores for 179.99. That is the same picture that is used for the 7024 and the specs they mentioned could easily be a 7024 except gingerbread but if I'm not mistaken I think Coby just released a gingerbread release for the 7024. I saw that advertisement but didn't take any chances.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I stand corrected. You are right. I got the replacement plan. I can take it and get credit within a year and a half. Will probably get a better tablet by the end of the year.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
Hey Fun, there is a "System updates" in the settings under "About device". It looks as though you can update from SD with this option. As to the second question, I have had no FC issues with the Browser app. I do not use it very often though.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Could you describe where the buttons are (back, menu and home)?

Thanks - John

avic77

Feb 7, 2011
I stand corrected. You are right. I got the replacement plan. I can take it and get credit within a year and a half. Will probably get a better tablet by the end of the year.

Did you get the replacement plan through Toys r Us?

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I read a lot of forums. Like I said I could be wrong.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Did you get the replacement plan through Toys r Us?

Yes. 20 bucks and it covers everything and I mean everything but theft. I was blunt and I said if a fly lands to hard on my screen I can bring it back and they said yea. I get store credit which I don't mind cause I will probably get an ice cream flavored tablet in december and use the store credit to go towards it.

epi

Jun 23, 2011
There is a problem with the 7022, the wifi speed gets very slow after it comes out of sleep. You have to reset or power off the unit for the wifi to get fixed.

ghoner

Jun 21, 2011
There is a problem with the 7022, the wifi speed gets very slow after it comes out of sleep. You have to reset or power off the unit for the wifi to get fixed.

Easy work around is to toggle the wi-fi off before shutting the screen off for long periods. I have a widget on my home screen that helps with this. It has helped me out a lot. Takes a bit of remembering but, it is worth not having to constantly reboot.

Also, wi-fi speed seems to be slower if you use an encrypted connection. I believe I read that this is due to the processor trying to keep up with the encryption algorithm.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

kd83

Jun 14, 2011
I have not had any problems with my wifi speed no matter when using the tablet. Im getting consistant speeds all the time, with encryption.

epi

Jun 23, 2011
I have not had any problems with my wifi speed no matter when using the tablet. Im getting consistant speeds all the time, with encryption.

Did you use ISP speed tester to check the speed of your wifi?