New version of JB 4.1.1 from Lenovo?

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Juan:

I wish I could guide you through this, but I never remember how to flash a ROM without ClockworkMod. Here's what I think you need to do:
  1. Copy the ROM to an external sdcard.
  2. Boot into recovery by holding power and volume up at the same time. It should take 3-5 seconds before it says "Booting into recovery mode" or something similar.
  3. Here's where you install the ROM. I don't remember which option it is, but there are very few. It might say "Install a zip file from external sdcard". I hope that's close enough!
  4. After installing, you will want to perform a factory reset. That will be one of the options from the recovery menu.
  5. Reboot your tablet. I think that is the first option.
  6. When the tablet boots -- and it will take longer than usual -- you will have to perform the initial setup again. It will be like having a fresh tablet.
  7. If you have made it this far, jump for joy :) You are finished.

PS Welcome to the forum!

potato

Feb 21, 2013
Hi all. I´m Juan and I´m new here because yesterday I bought my first tablet. A Lenovo A2109 and I´m having the same problem that CORDOBA use to have.

When I try to download the update keeps crashing all the the time. Sometimes download really fast and I get to 60% but then slows down to 5kbps and starts to lost connection. It´s weird because I can use browser and all the other internet stuff without problem.

Tonight I was excited because I passe 80% and then when I checked was at 106% (YES 106%) and off course then the download freezed there. The tablet didn´t just the update page.

Anyway, I´m now downloading the file that Flor uploaded but this is my first tablet and I don´t have it with root and all that stuff.

What should I do to update with that file.

Step by step as If you explain to a complete noob as I am.

Thanks for your help and your time.

Sorry about my english.

When you're updating, make sure you don't let the screen go off (sleep), I found this messed up the download. Also, I found I couldn't download the update until I registered my product with Lenovo, try doing that if you haven't already.

juanmafunes

Feb 23, 2013
well guys Thanks for the answers.

I must tell you that I did what you recommended FLO and the tablet after the reboot and update of some stuff blocked. I mean the SCREEN TOUCH didn´t work anymore. The ON/OFF and VOLUME buttons worked but the screen didn´t work anymore.

I tried everything. RE downloaded the firmware and installed again, factory reset and NOTHING. Only the physicall buttons worked.

Here in Argentina (and I think everywere happens the same) we have 72hs to get a DIRECT REPLACE of the product in case of a failure. So I took it to the seller and they told me that they didnt have any more of that tablet and because of the restrictions to IMPORT they weren´t going to have.

After fight for a while I get some money back and buy a ACER ICONIA of 10". I know is a TEGRA 2 tablet but in this country we don´t have much to choose.

This new tablet works great. I think in some aplications works even faster... I still want to use Jelly Bean but this is what I get for messing around with something that I can´t handle.

I still think that the update system SUCKS.

anyway, Why do you think that this happens ??? I mean the blocked touch screen. Or it just broke JUST in that moment ???

thanks for your time and your answers...

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
well guys Thanks for the answers.

I must tell you that I did what you recommended FLO and the tablet after the reboot and update of some stuff blocked. I mean the SCREEN TOUCH didn´t work anymore. The ON/OFF and VOLUME buttons worked but the screen didn´t work anymore.

I tried everything. RE downloaded the firmware and installed again, factory reset and NOTHING. Only the physicall buttons worked.

Here in Argentina (and I think everywere happens the same) we have 72hs to get a DIRECT REPLACE of the product in case of a failure. So I took it to the seller and they told me that they didnt have any more of that tablet and because of the restrictions to IMPORT they weren´t going to have.

After fight for a while I get some money back and buy a ACER ICONIA of 10". I know is a TEGRA 2 tablet but in this country we don´t have much to choose.

This new tablet works great. I think in some aplications works even faster... I still want to use Jelly Bean but this is what I get for messing around with something that I can´t handle.

I still think that the update system SUCKS.

anyway, Why do you think that this happens ??? I mean the blocked touch screen. Or it just broke JUST in that moment ???

thanks for your time and your answers...

Well, that is really odd. I would guess that you got an incomplete download, but you said you did it a second time. This was from our link, not OTA, correct? In that case I have to say that there was always something wrong with the screen, because the update could not cause that problem, it could only reveal an existing problem...

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

juanmafunes

Feb 23, 2013
Yes Flo. I downloaded the file 2 times. Both files sizes where the same and the touch screen stop working after the update. That´s the odd part.

I think that if the screen had any problem, the chances that stop working JUST after the update are very rare, but that´s the way it happened.

Could be a driver issue ? the screen showed graphics and the volume going up and down with the side buttons, but the touch system died.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Yes Flo. I downloaded the file 2 times. Both files sizes where the same and the touch screen stop working after the update. That´s the odd part.

I think that if the screen had any problem, the chances that stop working JUST after the update are very rare, but that´s the way it happened.

Could be a driver issue ? the screen showed graphics and the volume going up and down with the side buttons, but the touch system died.

It can't be a driver problem if the ROM was intact. The only guess I have is that there was some difference in the driver code that exposed the flaw in the touchscreen.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD