New version of JB 4.1.1 from Lenovo?

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Is this update newer then mcl's jb ROM? If so is it worth updating? I saw a zip posted, is that rooted or do I need to root and debloat the update? Thanks for any replies.

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4g using Tapatalk 2

If you are running MCL 201, you are up-to-date.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
If you are running MCL 201, you are up-to-date.

Yeah that's the update I'm on. Thanks for the reply.
xJzAf.jpeg

I really hope we start getting more development on this tab. Its a awesome tab, just not well known.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

a2109a

Dec 20, 2012

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I use a2109a_mcl0201_md5_b979e686a5845f64a4e76d53724cbb70.zip and see a message, that I should update.

View attachment 9779

If I understood everything, I shouldn't do the OTA update.

This wget shows me a _lot_ of broken connections. So is it worth to download it? Is it newer than the mcl image?

My main problem at the moment is, that my wifi-connections doesn't work after a long pause.

I and another member were having problems with reboots. After the update, the problems went away... I'll check my Drive and see if I can tell if it's posted.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012

a2109a

Dec 20, 2012
That's a good question, I have no idea what is buggy here. It could be Jelly Bean, it could be an app, it could be a firmware bug with my AVM Fritzbox. After the tablet sleeps for a long time, I cannot get a wifi-connection. it says it is connected, I can change to another AP and it says again, it is connected, but the network doesn't work. WiFi Manager shows "--- Mbps". If I see this the only chance to get Wifi work, is to shutdown and start again. The only thing is, that I noticed this in the last time only, after playing with VPN. But it didn't help to remove VPNCilla and remove the configuration in the Fritzbox-router.

$nowifi.png

Last edited:

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I'm still showing an update also.
0Q4VX.jpeg

I am getting a reboot every now and then but mostly I'm getting app fcing a lot. Were these the issues you were having and did the update fix the problem? Also is that update zip posted rooted with busybody?

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
You should *not* be installing OTA's over MCL0201. MCL0201 is based on A2109_A411_03_13_121126 anyways. If do install it by OTA (and it actually installs) you're just going back to stock.

Are you going to update your ROM?

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4g using Tapatalk 2

juanmafunes

Feb 23, 2013
Hi all. I´m Juan and I´m new here because yesterday I bought my first tablet. A Lenovo A2109 and I´m having the same problem that CORDOBA use to have.

When I try to download the update keeps crashing all the the time. Sometimes download really fast and I get to 60% but then slows down to 5kbps and starts to lost connection. It´s weird because I can use browser and all the other internet stuff without problem.

Tonight I was excited because I passe 80% and then when I checked was at 106% (YES 106%) and off course then the download freezed there. The tablet didn´t just the update page.

Anyway, I´m now downloading the file that Flor uploaded but this is my first tablet and I don´t have it with root and all that stuff.

What should I do to update with that file.

Step by step as If you explain to a complete noob as I am.

Thanks for your help and your time.

Sorry about my english.

Last edited: