NOOKcolor Accessories

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
Thanks tigersgt. Seem anything for Motorolas (micro usb) will work and anything for HTC's won't. My current and last phone and accessory chargers, all don't fit. I use to by a Motorola person back in the razar days but those took mini usb.

I also see I need some sort of case for the NC. Anyone have any suggestions for a decent "book opening" NC case for under $25?

This is a pretty good case and only $15.99. Note my comments in the review. You need to unhook the top right strap while using. But a nice case.

Amazon.com: Bundle Monster Barnes & Noble Nook Color (NookColor) Synthetic Leather Opening Case Cover Jacket with Interior Compartments - Black: Electronics

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
This is a pretty good case and only $15.99. Note my comments in the review. You need to unhook the top right strap while using. But a nice case.

Amazon.com: Bundle Monster Barnes & Noble Nook Color (NookColor) Synthetic Leather Opening Case Cover Jacket with Interior Compartments - Black: Electronics

Nice... but the only issue I'd have is there are no holes for the speakers.

Have you taken a look at those from skindigital? I have one from them and I'm not complaining. It came with a free screen protector too.

Barnes & Nobles Nook Color

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
So I got this one Moleskine e-Reader Cover + Volant Notebook (Kindle2), MoleskineUS after the "book" type case pictured above, and I have to say it is amazing.

$DSC_0234.JPG

I know it's pricey but it is well worth it. It is, after all, a Moleskine. The fit, finish and feel are incredible. The NC fits snug and the interior is mirco-fiber and the notebook can be inserted to open either way or removed altogether. My only gripe and it is minor is that it is a little heavy, about the weight of an average hardcover, but it is practically bullet-proof

As for the speaker...heheheh...I came up with a really simple solution...You see that binder clip in the spine of the case....

$DSC_0238.JPG

When I am listening to music I slide it inbetween the NC and the case....

$DSC_0239.JPG

And I now have truly analog volume control.

tumblr_lkbvdpiLLQ1qe0eclo1_r8_500.gif

It's the best of both worlds...On several different levels.

Still need a nice stylus? If anyone has suggestions I would be grateful.

Would like a combi pen/styli, naturally as it would follow the theme....

$CAP201106121131.jpg

;->{

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
J515OP why to give 20 bucks for just a stand when with some more money U get a nice case which also gives vertical and landscape support?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Well, I think $20 is too much. For a stand $10 or less seems ideal. For me I like just the nook with a protective skin without the bulk of a case. so now i have one stand for on the go and one stand for my desk, plus the nook box.

If my math is correct that is 3 stands, which allows me to easily place my nook in view in the areas I spend the most time but don't necessarily want to hold it. The rest of the time like on the couch or on the go I like having just the nook and not the extra bulk. Just preference.

JP

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I've been trying few stands with speakers,they are all meant for the ipad.I found one with good peakers,charged by 4 AA batteries so I can watch a movie with a decent sound.
4122be7b-3b42-2909.jpg
I found it at Sears for $ 14.99 and they have it in black as well.
Gg

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Jun 3, 2011
How do you like that case? I just ordered one. Any downsides to it?
Thanks !

I'm not fussy about speaker issues, since I purchased my rooCase for protection while inside of my handbag. I love the case! I may change my mind sooner or later, but for now,it's perfect.

I also received the BoxWave Stylus today and its a nice accessory to have.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
Going through some old stuff, found my old Sony Ericsson P990i charging stand. The two yellow thingies are actually an ear plug cut into two for cushioning. Now I don't have to spend on a stand. Yay!

Attachments

• $photo (1).JPG
    $photo (1).JPG
    385 KB · Views: 484
  • $photo.JPG
    $photo.JPG
    320.1 KB · Views: 660

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Very cool and a good way to reuse. Nook looks good. Netflix or media file?