Off-Topic Discussion

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
well J515OP you got the first spot - and the wall under dog is a little dark so i placed in someplace more prominent so we can all have a drink in your honor

emkUUD

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
....I was trying to say....for the great rendering of the cafe' ....no JP, not drunk, I had only a Corona.
How come I don't know anything about this band, now I'm
going to check them out
G

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Beautiful!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Anima. I'm sending you one of my first. old
b8207a36-183d-1cc3.jpg
Playboy 's pics, one of the not nude and in a sitting position so you can sit me in one of those chairs?

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
They rock for a good while before Dave breaks into conversation between songs but he does say some funny things eventually.

Rockin' out to it right now, good stuff. I should preface talk of "My Favorite Bands" with the fact that I listen to juuuuust about everything and while the FF are up there I'll give you the all time rundown for posterity's sake. Music styles fade in and out of vogue, as it were, and these days I favor mostly deep house, down-tempo, dub-step and the like for day-to-day listening. I used to DJ a bit and this helps keep my head in the glorious(Gloria?) world of 4,4,4,4 Four on the Floor. Booka Shade and Claude VonStroke FTW.

All time;

Performer/Instrumentalist-Miles, just Miles man, that's all he needs. 'Nuff Said.

Band-A dead lock between The Clash(still The Only Band That Matters, imo) and Fugazi, easily the most un-heard and influential bands of the last two decades. They carried the torch lit by the former.

Female Singer/Songwriter-Nina. just Nina, sweet Nina.

Male Singer/Songwriter-Tom Waits. Whiskey-soaked, blood-smeared, cigarette-burned smudges of Americana and elsewhere that constantly remind you no matter how bad you think you've got it, somebody else always has it worse.

Heavy-TOOL. Yeah TOOL. Makes your molars move. HEHEHEHE

Hip-Hop-B.E.A.S.T.I.E B.O.Y.S, and any thing before 1992 or so...I'm old.

I haven't listened to the radio by choice in probably 15 years so the only thing I know about current mainstream anything is when one of these over-indulged self absorbed nit-wits over-indulges and ends up on Gawker. I think I have close to 250gb of digital audio, half lossless the other half slurped from the interwebs before I grew a conscience:)mad:got a C&D from Comcast is more like it:mad:Zing!).

On the stereo most recently except for the Foo who are still rocking my world in the background is this Amazon.com: Tron: Legacy Reconfigured: Various Artists: Music Its amazing. The original was amazing but this just throws it all out the window.

Anyone else got some fav's? I've had quite a ramble here:rolleyes:

:eek:What a surprise:eek:

Edit: I found it

DSC_0046.JPG

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I am with you on the music choices. I like it all too and you have some great ones listed.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I think this was the original interview Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl to Ryan Murphy: 'Not Everyone Loves 'Glee'' - The Hollywood Reporter but the KOL and Slash comments about glee leading up to it are also worthwhile.

I love the video, thanks for posting that. Here is zn oldie I have been into lately.

Awesome. Never seen this one. I can take or leave "The Boss" these days but E.C. is in my top 25 all time.

This is my favorite live performance video ever. I mean that sincerely. Ever.

The power, precision, fortitude and raw sonic force are unreal. This is why these guys are at the top of my list.

This performance stll blows my mind every time I see.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
nice photo gloria - going to have to clear the books off the piano so we can make some room for photo frames

Anima. I'm sending you one of my first. old
b8207a36-183d-1cc3.jpg
Playboy 's pics, one of the not nude and in a sitting position so you can sit me in one of those chairs?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
on the subject of music -

Bands - Beatles, Animals, The Who, Zepellin, Aerosmith, Rush, Nirvana, Linkin Park, Foo Fighers, Limp Biskit, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic zeros
Solo - Dylan's song (love the covers more than the originals), Damien Rice, John Mayer, Rufus Wainwright, sinead oconnor, Eva Cassidy

recently i've been listening more and more to youtube musicians - and what a treasure trove of good ones there as well - Elolinona, Guitarnica, Zee Avi, LiliAAnaRose...

and in my machinima hobby, made a couple of musicals that required getting musicians singing parody songs (The Nobbit) and as always the machinima community and YouTube were a great resource for this - my current project is to try to do a machinima version of Jesus Christ Superstar - I got most of the cast signed and songs collected - recently i ran across this singer from Italy (via YouTube) and he signed on to play the title role.

also been following the the efforts of Playing for Change

Last edited by a moderator: