>>> phiremod nook v6.2 <<<
MD5: 65061da8355eddecda2a3ed81e1526e8
Changes:
* Built from CyanogenMod 7.0.2
* Stock kernel
* Removed themes
* Added Google Docs
* Slight theme tweaks
* New default wallpaper (fresh install only)
* Custom Protips
* The system changelog mentions apps in /data/app, but I have not implemented this yet.. sorry for any confusion.

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Could some one give me a little help, information please. I am running 6.2 Under CPU settings at one time I had 1100 maybe even 1300 max frequency. The highest I have now is 925. What do I need to update to and where can I fined it? Also under governors I only have ondemand, userspace, conservative and performance, I have noticed people suggestion another setting...it has slipped my mined at the moment as to what it is.

Thanks for all the help you people give.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Could some one give me a little help, information please. I am running 6.2 Under CPU settings at one time I had 1100 maybe even 1300 max frequency. The highest I have now is 925. What do I need to update to and where can I fined it? Also under governors I only have ondemand, userspace, conservative and performance, I have noticed people suggestion another setting...it has slipped my mined at the moment as to what it is.

Thanks for all the help you people give.

The 925MHz kernel is the default for latest CM7 which is what Phirmod 6.2 is built on. You will have to flash another kernel to get higher speed. The governors are also the default for the newsest CM7 which is now the base for 6.2. Using other options such as SetCPU may lead to short battery life since a conflict may cause the processor to run full speed all of the time.

JP

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I would use ondemand for the governor. I do not use setcpu anymore. These new kernels are good at handling things themselves. As JP stated setcpu may cause some conflicts with these new kernels. You can use an app like elixir to monitor speed and temp every once in a while (especially if you are overclocking past 1100). If youur device gets too hot drop the speed down. When selecting a kernel make sure it has been tested for the rom you are running and that you have a backup of your system before you install. I am using the stock 925 and it is plenty fast though.

JimDantin

Feb 3, 2011
Having a problem with a couple weather related apps. Many television stations distribute a weather radar app from Raycom Media that is rebranded for each station. My local station is WAVE3. The app is https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wave.android.weather&feature=search_result. It worked fine on my rooted NC, but now that I've installed phiremod 6.2, the app won't run - it caused a FC.

I grew quite fond of the app during the recent tornado outbreaks and would really like to get it back on my Nook. Anyone have an idea how to make it work? I also noticed that a few other mobile apps are wanting to run as a small display rather than full screen on the Nook.

Thanks to all of you who gave me the courage to install the ROM!

Jim

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Not really finding the answers I need... I am going to root a friends nook. After I update the OS, autonooter and download all the must have apps, can I jump to 6.2 or do I need to step up from all the phiremod roms?

gudism

Apr 22, 2011
can I jump to 6.2 or do I need to step up from all the phiremod roms?

I am only a noob at the NC and roms etc, but I started with the phiremod rom on 6.1, so I would say no you dont need to 'step up' from all the roms......go straight to 6.2

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Not really finding the answers I need... I am going to root a friends nook. After I update the OS, autonooter and download all the must have apps, can I jump to 6.2 or do I need to step up from all the phiremod roms?

You can jump straight to 6.2 without hitting any of the updates in between :)

Actually in rereading your post I will make another suggestion. No need to update the OS or autonooter and you should wait to add any apps. I would do this.

1. Make CWR bootable SD card and include the phiremod zip and CWR 3.0.1 zip (or 3.2.0.8 if you can find it. These CWR zips are just in case files.) on the card.
2. Flash the phiremod zip on to the Nook power down and remove the SD card.
3. Power on, then setup wifi and google account and reboot again to make sure everyting settles.
4. Download ROM Manager (4.1 or 4.2) from the Market.
5. Choose flash ClockworkMod Recovery and choose Nook Color (not old). REBOOT.
6. Setup the Nook however you want it everything is clean and fresh :)

JP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.