[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
this is why I have stayed on 6.0 for the past few days after intially flashing 6.1 & having wi-fi probs.
I think I&#8217;ll be waiting till the problem is resolved, I am enjoying using my nook hassle free (though even with pdate the ALSA update youtube through the browser is still choppy)

6.0 with ALSA has been working great. I am going to wait for 6.2 before updating; hopefully, the kernel that he'll be using in 6.2 will not have any WiFi issues.

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
6.0 with ALSA has been working great. I am going to wait for 6.2 before updating; hopefully, the kernel that he'll be using in 6.2 will not have any WiFi issues.

Good luck. I have been following you here an at his blog. Sorry for your troubles. I recommend at the blog that he use the stable kernel for 6.2. Then we can have the choice as to which if any OC kernel to install.

I am using 4/23 with 6.1 and guess I am lucky as my wifi icon stays blue and seems to work without problems. I also installed the FlashPlayer.apk from B&N 1.2 update and Hulu fix.

Edit: Went back to Flash 10.2 from market with Hulu fix.

Last edited:

gudism

Apr 22, 2011

my 'choppiness' with video is only limited to flash movies at NBA.com......youtube no problems.

I too will wait for 6.2 (if the wifi issue is fixed). Seems he is testing 6.2 now (as per the blog)

Search

Apr 1, 2011
my 'choppiness' with video is only limited to flash movies at NBA.com......youtube no problems.

I too will wait for 6.2 (if the wifi issue is fixed). Seems he is testing 6.2 now (as per the blog)
6.2 is out!

Nook Color « phiremod
Changes:
* Built from CyanogenMod 7.0.2
* Stock kernel
* Removed themes
* Added Google Docs
* Slight theme tweaks
* New default wallpaper (fresh install only)
* Custom Protips
* The system changelog mentions apps in /data/app, but I have not implemented this yet.. sorry for any confusion.

Verynew

Mar 25, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm ready to install 6.2 to my nook (I have already backup the original ROM). This will be a fresh install to a brand new Nook. I'm confused about the first install and just upgrade from one version to the next. From phiremod's instruction, I would only need to "Wipe system data", before flash the 6.2 zip file. What if I later want to upgrade from 6.2 to 6.3.. what do I need to do to keep all of my games and apps without reinstall them again.

Thank you for your help

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm ready to install 6.2 to my nook (I have already backup the original ROM). This will be a fresh install to a brand new Nook. I'm confused about the first install and just upgrade from one version to the next. From phiremod's instruction, I would only need to "Wipe system data", before flash the 6.2 zip file. What if I later want to upgrade from 6.2 to 6.3.. what do I need to do to keep all of my games and apps without reinstall them again.

Thank you for your help
U just install it with CWM as U did first time when U installed Phiremod.All your settings and apps will stay as they were.But in any case, I advise U to make backup of all needed apps with Titanium Backup.Its a great tool.
For all future upgrades, U just install next version and everything else stays the same.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your help

Just wipe Cache partition and Dalvik cache before installing "incremental" updates (e.g., 6.1->6.2) without touching system or data and everything will stay the same.

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
I know this has been answered but I can't find a recent post about it.:eek: Maybe I am just over looking it. Am I able to disable the phone features? I see that is is using 13% of my battery. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Running 6.2

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I know this has been answered but I can't find a recent post about it.:eek: Maybe I am just over looking it. Am I able to disable the phone features? I see that is is using 13% of my battery. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Running 6.2

The phone features aren't really drawing any battery it is just reported that way. You can edit some files to correct this but it will only make the idle % increase and isn't really worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.