[ROM] KKMod GB ROM for 8" IMX515 - v2.3.4

mmcqueary70

Mar 15, 2011
I did the su first hmmm granted super user permission couple of times it just went to the next line but didn't do anything.
su
ls /sys/class/rfkill/
This line would come back blank.

Sent from my ERIS using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
I did the su first hmmm granted super user permission couple of times it just went to the next line but didn't do anything.
su
ls /sys/class/rfkill/
This line would come back blank.

You need to insert the bluetooth dongle and then do the ls /sys/class/rfkill/

mmcqueary70

Mar 15, 2011
You need to insert the bluetooth dongle and then do the ls /sys/class/rfkill/

The blue tooth doggel is plugged in and glowing still entering (Pound sign is there already) # ls /sys/class/rfkill/ hit enter it skips to the next line with # and nothing after.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
The blue tooth doggel is plugged in and glowing still entering (Pound sign is there already) # ls /sys/class/rfkill/ hit enter it skips to the next line with # and nothing after.

it mean that the kernel does not detect your bluetooth dongle properly or it suppose to create an rfkill device.

do a "dmesg" on the terminal immediately after you insert the dongle see what i say. Thats the kernel log.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Not sure how to get the kernel log to you.

do it when you have adb access then as its a very long log.

btw, your bluetooth dongle did work in v2.3.3?

Last edited:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Beta Preview 4 is out

I don't think I tried dogel in 2.3.3 I flashed 2.3.4 almost right after flashing 2.3.3. http://db.tt/sBNfLIey try this link not sure if itll post from my phone.http://db.tt/sBNfLIey

This one look more like a blue keyboard/mouse adaptor rather than a bluetooth dongle? It a totally different thing.

Last edited:

mmcqueary70

Mar 15, 2011
Its a dongel it worked in my last firmwear. Hmmm i would send and receive pics and files from phones and computers.

Sent from my imx51_bbg using Android Tablet Forum

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Its a dongel it worked in my last firmwear. Hmmm i would send and receive pics and files from phones and computers.

Sent from my imx51_bbg using Android Tablet Forum

ok.

Can you try busybox find /sys -name "rfkill*" after you reconnect your bluetooth?

mmcqueary70

Mar 15, 2011
I stand corrected I googled what I have its called an adapter turn any device with usb port into a bluetooth device. It was made for laptops without bluetooth on board.

mmcqueary70

Mar 15, 2011
I think ill do a clean flash of beta 4 tonight at work and go from there. I use dropbox to share files most of the time I think this rom is really smooth and I like it alot as long as wifi work and maybe ad-hoc at some point I can live with no blue tooth. Thanks for all your work is seems that you and i are the only two posting here and doing anything with this tablet.

Last edited:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
I think ill do a clean flash of beta 4 tonight at work and go from there. I use dropbox to share files most of the time I think this rom is really smooth and I like it alot as long as wifi work and maybe ad-hoc at some point I can live with no blue tooth. Thanks for all your work is seems that you and i are the only two posting here and doing anything with this tablet.

There is no reason why bluetooth cant work. I have one here and it can be turned on though I have not yet tried transferring files(to many things on the plates). You are one of the few users can really give proper information which make it earlier to resolve issue.

mmcqueary70

Mar 15, 2011
I thought it was odd the bluetooth won't even turn on. Maybe after I flash beta 4 itll fire up.