System Update on July 4?

stangmaster98

Mar 5, 2011
I guess I will never know what 3.0 is like ..lol my A500 will be delivered on Friday and I'm sure 3.1 will be here in North Florida by then ..

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

GeeknTonic

Dec 18, 2010
In In Mexico City, I bought mine in USA, I just checked no update yet! 6:30pm CST I just hope they make it available for me out of the states, If anybody has the file I will thank you a lot if can put it availble

scandata

Jun 23, 2011
Gulf coast of Central Florida - no update yet, which is weird because we're 3 hours ahead of those that already got it in California.

shdw03

May 11, 2011
got my update here in hawaii....3.1 baby

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Guys guys guys.....

It has nothing to do with where you are, it's either all about your serial number or your registration date.
It would be very difficult for acer to batch bring location.

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
ok, lets start comparing serial #'s lol...just playing...im sure we'll all have the update in the next day or 5 :)

saurabh

May 22, 2011
quick question for all those who got the update, can u guys now play 1080p videos, now......

jeisen24

May 15, 2011
I'm in CA and D/L as i type. Weird thing for me. The install will not complete after the reboot when i had my SD card in. It would just hang. But right after i took out the SD card, install process worked. Had to restart the whole process again but I find it odd that I could not complete an update with my card in place.

Anyone have this issue? My tablet is not rooted and my SD card only contains movies that I have ripped and converted.

UPDATE: Yay got 3.1 I went straight for Netflix and it doesn't work :( I get an error 12001. This is for the Netflix app. I was so happy....but then this....

Last edited:

theCB

Jun 23, 2011
Having problems I think,
I just got some update but it still shows up as android 3.0.1 in my 'about tablet' window. The build number is Acer_A500_1.141.07_COM_GEN1.
The update was only 39 megs. Did I do something wrong? Whats going on with my tablet?

Also on an unrelated note, where can I get the acer sync program for my windows based pc? It said go to acer.com but I couldn't find it.

Thanks

Quantumcat

Apr 21, 2011
Having problems I think,
I just got some update but it still shows up as android 3.0.1 in my 'about tablet' window. The build number is Acer_A500_1.141.07_COM_GEN1.
The update was only 39 megs. Did I do something wrong? Whats going on with my tablet?

Also on an unrelated note, where can I get the acer sync program for my windows based pc? It said go to acer.com but I couldn't find it.

Thanks

Same thing for me. Wonder if they needed to push the 1.141.07 before the full 3.1 update.