SYTAB10ST Root access and Google Apps/Market

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
Well I recommend getting the sytab10st but I got market on it by getting the apk from theandroidsoul.com or search google for Android Market apk on Google! If that does no good, I don't know what to tell you.

Sent from my Sylvania SYTAB10ST using Android Tablet Forum

You are correct. There are plenty of versions of the market out there that work. What fman22 is talking about it modifying the framework.jar file. This allows for full market access including paid apps where with just the standard install of the Market, you only get some free apps. See post 24 for more information.

fman22

Dec 28, 2011
thats one way you can do it ois by downloading the android market apk and install it on your tablet through the sd card but i got it the other way!

fman22

Dec 28, 2011
only one probleme that i keep facing is that when i try to place the new framework.jar file to replace the old one on my tablet it says its read only and you cant change the permision.Any suggestions?

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
It sounds like you don't have your /system set to writable. What are you using to try and copy it over? I use ES Explorer. You will need to make sure that you turn on the Root Access and mount /system as writeable in ES Explorer's settings.

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
Okay. That's where the issue is then. You will need to install Androot. You can get the apk here: [APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.2 beta 5) - xda-developers Get the lastest one. Then run that a couple of times to root your device. Yes, you will need to tell it to root it a couple of times. Doesn't always work the first time. Once that is successful, then go back into ES Explorer and try again. It will pop up a new window asking for your permissions. Give it permissions and then you should be good. There are the two options in ES Explorer that you need to do. One to root and the other to make the system writeable. Once you have moved over the new jar file, you can unroot the device if you like using the Androot app.

fman22

Dec 28, 2011
i got a probleme! a big one ...i must have entered the last commnad wrong because it still says on the market item cannot be installed in your devices country.anyways i keep on getting error messages on command prompt when i enter the apktool b framework.jar.out. any suggetions?btw i got the device rooted ty!

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
Good to hear that you are closer. I'm not sure about your error that you sent. [exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.androlibException:brut.directory.dir ectoryexception: java.io.filenotfoundexception:framework.jar.out <the system cannot find the specified file>] As long as you have framework.jar.out in the same directory as apktool it shouldn't do this.

After installing your new jar did you reboot? That is a must. Also, send me your old and new jar files if you would and I'll look at it.

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
Yes I will be around tomorrow. The classes.dex is the main core that you need. Tomorrow attach the actual framework.jar from your tablet and I'll see if I can get it working on my side.

fman22

Dec 28, 2011
LOL!i forgot to reboot it!now i can download some apps but the others say incompatible with your device but for the most part THANK YOU compu guy. Mainly all you need is the old jar file and delete the old class.dex file then when you have the new jar file enter the command apktool b framework.jar.out then look for the file that says build then look for the class.dex . then copy it to the old jar file and thats it! right?

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
LOL!i forgot to reboot it!now i can download some apps but the others say incompatible with your device but for the most part THANK YOU compu guy. Mainly all you need is the old jar file and delete the old class.dex file then when you have the new jar file enter the command apktool b framework.jar.out then look for the file that says build then look for the class.dex . then copy it to the old jar file and thats it! right?

Glad to hear it is working! Yes that sounds correct. The main key that you pointed out is the new class.dex file. There might still be some tweaking that needs to be done on this. I found one free app yesterday that isn't showing up, so I'll be digging into that later to see why. Anyway, enjoy!