TechVendetta ROM Developement

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
This is not just me...family tablets include:
2 7" sylvania 7lp
10" sylvania - out of all of these, this is the one I'd like to see a new Cyanogenmod 7 come out for. I have used and loved it with my phones.
7" coby kryos
m009 7"
iRobot 7" (still has NO OS! - wm8505 and none of the ROMs out there work)
2 ZT-180 10"

remoh

Sep 5, 2011
New to the foums and now ready to upgrade my DISGO 6000 I picked up initially as an ereader only for £25.

I got myself confused on the first page as I thought jb2kred was part of the dev team but on getting to page 9 discovered you are working on a custom rom specific to the disgo 6000 - how is that going?

to everyone - keep up the good work and put me down for any testing when the time comes.

for me all i want is a clean fast rom with working market and flash 10.3 and then i can do whatever i want to it from there.

My disgo is the original android 2.1 model if jb2kred has nay tips for this model they would be greatly appreciated ;)

edit - dont seem to be able to register over at http://techvendetta.com/ btw

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
tech, did you guys thought about doing some bluetooth driver for some hardware device to work in the sytabex or the other model?

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Registration is off by default since drupal gets alot of spam. We don't actually have a disgo or a 7lp but I have been told they're as similar as the sytabex7 is to the ican and the images so far are cross compatible. The trouble arises now however that hardware support requires some rather nasty (and unstable) hacks. We have a really high standard for this project and want to see a nearly bug free release. The wifi test hung at inetd so I'm running a new test tonight.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
update: Our team member with the sytabex7 bricked his 4th or 5th one now....which is odd, considering as long as he doesn't flash U0 (like I told him) it's unbrickable....
The ican 10 is still perfectly fine. And continuing on I'm going to convince another friend to get a sytabex7 ;]

Also, I'm trying something new, I'm going to attempt to be available via irc on freenode channel #techvendetta for any of you with in-depth questions or ideas.

EDIT: Got that friend to buy a sytabex7, the porting game continues!

Last edited:

lohtse

Mar 9, 2011
This is not just me...family tablets include:
2 7" sylvania 7lp
10" sylvania - out of all of these, this is the one I'd like to see a new Cyanogenmod 7 come out for. I have used and loved it with my phones.
7" coby kryos
m009 7"
iRobot 7" (still has NO OS! - wm8505 and none of the ROMs out there work)
2 ZT-180 10"

try some of the roms over at tipstirs forums for the rom for irobot Android Tablet Zone had same issue and one of them worked if not try at hch HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - View forum - Tablets as they have a few that may work..

NOW hows the rom for the syl/disgo coming on I wonder???? Am biting at the bit for this as hope it works and solve my current issues...

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I've been pretty busy. But I'm looking through their Froyo build for the ican 10. (Its now got an infotmic boot splash) My goal is to get the full hardware support without having to touch U0 or hack China for their source. I'm playing with custom kernel builds now. Also SD flashing and otg flashing seem to have radically different results depending on the images. Ill start documenting the nuances I find for you all. I'm thinking when wifi is working I'll do a closed alpha release to select testers then see what bugs and suggested fixes come up.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

pauljulian

Aug 4, 2011
I'd be quite happy to alpha test... lots of time on my hands now that the wife is back to work (schoolteacher... summer's over!).

leighw101

Aug 13, 2011
Likewise I'd be happy to test as I have a lot of time on my hands for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my disgo6000 using Android Tablet Forum