TechVendetta ROM Developement

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
ICS COMES WITH ACCELERATED GRAPHICS IN THE EMULATOR
This MIGHT be a fix for the inability to port those drivers. Still working on recovery signing, they dont use testkey so its probably a generic ssl, which Ill need to generate....

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
If I don't have a properly signed zip tonight, ill release the unsigned one to be fake flashed via rom manager. Sytabex7 and similar tabs will need a USB keyboard.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

Well still no way to sign the fake flash, so I'll make a real one next, but try this out, tell me what mounts and what works on your device. Flash it with rom manager. If you don't know how, either google it or stay out of the kitchen. ;]
View attachment $unsigned.zip

Last edited:

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
This will allow nandroid backups to sd. Zip flashing works too, if you know how to make those properly. So far its tested fully working on the ican 10" but rom manager of course cant talk directly to it (mtd limitations, rom will have a different update method) waiting for my sytabex 7" tester to have free time now.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Sounds like mostly everything is working. Data restore might be buggy. I'm looking into that.

Here's the recovery ramdisk: http://min.us/mbjhQY9YRT
Flash it with iuw as RECVRD.
7" devices use a usb keyboard to navigate.
If you cant find the button combo for your model to boot recovery, then you need to root it, install a terminal and type su [enter] reboot recovery

Rom Manager should be able to reboot recovery too. But before you go messing with it trying to flash roms, be warned this has access to all partitions of the device (including boot) I'm not liable blah blah blah.

Last edited:

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
It flashes cwr backups, yeah, but maybe screws up on userdata? Also can use update.zips. Verification should be either off or testkeys. Still working on gingerbread, but also looking forward to ICS when that comes out. (5 days)

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
Thanks for you hard work! If I may suggest, a walkthru tutorial and a video when you can, for those of us who are interested and NOT linux gurus. Again Kudos for your work.

BingBangBoom

Sep 11, 2011
any chance you have a clockworkmod that will work with the sytab10mt. I updated my Linux system to the newest Ubuntu release and its giving my computer some issues - I'm in the middle of installing SDK on my windows system to use untill I figure out what went wrong. If you don't have a copy it'll probably be tomorrow before i can check it out

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
This should work, since im using a ican 10". Btw, it seems I may in fact have a bug in data partition backup/restore.