TechVendetta ROM Developement

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I'm getting the last of the dev files off the friend who bricked and gave up. I should be able to try a new test tonight based on the official froyo patches, tweaked for gingerbread of course.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I got my JumboTron yesterday from UPS and I have been messing with it. There are definitely some hardware differences from the 7lp. Some of the programs that were working on my 7" won't run on the 10" and it says I am running the same version of Android.... so something is going on. Wifi is 1000 times more stable.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I hear updating the wifi binary has similar results as well. Is it infotmic based?

lorenii

May 2, 2011
splash screen says so.... lol

Model #: SYTAB10MT
Android Ver: DG2.2.1-10a2
Kern Ver: 2.6.32.9 neville@ neville-desktop #23
HDW ID: 11.6.3.1

How can I copy the system and send it to you to look at and mess with?

And an up-time on the tablet is 22:07:xx and havent dropped wifi yet.

It just woke up to tell me the battery was down to 15%

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Kind of curious about the GPS. It has a "tick box" for allow GPS location, I clicked that and satellite icon appeared at the top and it had "bars" that flashed like it was looking.... so, I took it outside and they went solid on, but google maps said IT (google maps) didn't have a gps location for me.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Weird! Its probably identical to the upgraded ican10. Tar.gz the system folder. If you have an ius that would work too.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Documentation:

Some things I've discovered:
* All devices are actually made by infotm(ic)
Multiple end company names:
* Zenithink, Sylvania, Disgo, Flytouch, iCan, etc.

Burn methods:
* otg: Using iuw (infotm update wrap or something like that)
- This is one of the most reliable burn methods, at least for development. iuw is based on burntool.
- It is possible that infotm has changed mtd partitions, now using Zsys as system.
- As long as you dont mess with U0 you cant brick these devices.
- There is a hidden debug option, still looking into this. (left over from burntool)
- ADB is typically enabled via kernel. Ive done this both through kernel and system on the iCan.
Sd method:
* Alot less documentation here, but theres a slew of hidden things it can check.
* iuw can sometimes make a bootable sd on some machines, dd works if you cant detect a card.
* Once you have a bootable card, it will flash the imgs you can flash via iuw.
- Theres some more undocumented options:
It will look for these files:
clear_data_part
update_data_module
update_system_module
* I haven't experimented with all the flags, but there is an option that can accept a tar.gz system package.
I'll look into this and update you on it.
There's also some odd instances where an sd flash wont work but an otg iuw update will. Again, weird stuff.

Misc:

I'll add more info on system.img here but so far use unyaffs-4k to extract, and mkyaffs2image to build, mkyaffs however needs to be a particular modified version for anything after froyo, which is lost somewhere in my working directory. -.-

There is a built in recovery, and it can load a cwrecovery, this is called 'fake flash method'. You need a properly compiled recovery binary with the fs mapping and button mapping. On the sytabex7, use a usb keyboard.

Also, iusedit (available on this forum) is very useful for extracting ius's without using dd and a hex editor.

Last edited:

Drewbladez

Oct 4, 2011
TechVendetta - Sorry for having gotten lost in the broadness of this thread and the un"updated"ness of your site.
I'm running the 7" and have found NOTHING that works for this F*N thing. My bro gave it to me. I've found nothing that even seems worth my time to try and load as a fix for it. UNTIL I came across you... Anything on this 7" ?

What kind of incentive would you require to knock it out?

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Are you running froyo at least? Its "decent" but my first release will most likely be pretty darn buggy. The major slow down so far has been the fact that I'm back in school so it's cut down my working time. My hope is that by keeping this thread updated with things I've learned along the way maybe some people can try to catch up to me enough to help out even. Until then it all comes down to my free time.

Dreamkickasst

Oct 4, 2011
Just wanted to ring in with a big thank you to Tech and all those helping work on this "little tablet that could" project! Patiently waiting for that eventual Great News for my 7lp.

BingBangBoom

Sep 11, 2011
The sooner you post your release the sooner those of us in the community who know what we're doing can assist........ post your release as experimental with plenty of warnings that it has issues and to go cry somewhere else if they screw up their tab trying to use it.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
As mentioned, that is my plan. I want adb and wifi at least first. I've got adb, sorta. Wifi is almost there. Tilt needs a patch and so does GPS and accelerated graphics....

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I'm signing a build of cwr fake flash as my next teaser release, once I confirm the signature verification accepts it on your stock recovery's ill release it. For sytabex7's I cant remember if there was a button combo for recovery, but there are plenty of apps that allow you to reboot into recovery. I'd suggest you find one. Oh and be careful, these tablets weren't originally intended to use the recovery for anything but clearing data and cache....my rom will have a full flash recovery that doesn't use the fake flash method, and integrates with my update app for ota updates.