Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

warlord

Jul 4, 2012
Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply.
I found when you power down the unit and pad incar, ie switch engine off and wait, then i cant turn pad back on in the house without connecting it to the charger. Is that right.
I will try sat nav again today to see why im not getting cd play and sat voice.

I have a rom backup of the 779a if anyone needs it.

War

warlord

Jul 4, 2012
Hi all Well I have tried the satnav again this morning and found this. Playing from dvd then fire up satnav, the dvd stops playing until i reach the destination, then the music starts again ? What am I missing this cant be right lol war

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi War

Try connecting hand brake wire ( its pink on mine to earth/ground)

Mark

Sent from my Slingloaded Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

ii141c

Jun 16, 2012
Hi, warlod

I will try to answer you, as I know:

1) trying to install the steering controls, you get 4 wires from the set, and i have looked at a couple of diagrams for the steering side here but they all involve 3-4+ wires including power. My steering has 2 wires ? and im not sure how that is going to work lol

My steering has two wires too, and GND. I connect GND from my car steering to GND from ES777 (black wire), one of my SW car steering wires to C-AD (green) wire of ES777 steering wheel control cable and the other W car steering wires to D-AD (black) wire of ES777 steering wheel control cable. And all steering wheel functions work ok.

2) putting cd play on the box and then starting up satnav (navigon) i get sound from the sat but nothing from the cd at all during navigation is there some setting im missing here.

You have to select one source (Radio, DVD, USB, AUX, ...) from main unit (press Source button, just in the bottom left of your main unit). Then you press PAD button from your main unit and you see Android in your display. Now, you can use your PAD as an Android tablet and you hear main source (Radio, DVD, USB, AUX, ...) in your car speakers and when the tablet makes a sound (navigation, ...) the main source is stopped, the PAD sound is palyed and, when it finishs, in two seconds, the main source returns. The same with video: if ypu put a rear monitor for childrens, you can see GPS navigator in PAD main display and childrens can see main unit video (DVD, USB, AUX,
...) in rear monitors.

3) have read a few posts here, and got more confused to be honest about the right way to connect / disconnect the pad. I turned off the power to the car and let the pad and unit both turn off before removing the pad , but then while in the house, well do you think i could turn the pad back on ... NO chance wtf. Found the only way to turn it back on was by plugging in the charger, is this right ?

Main unit and PAD have to be synchonizated to work well. That is to say, when you put your car key and turn on the power to the car, main unit is off and PAD have to be off and inserted in main unit, for both to be turned on at the same time; when you turn off the power to the car, PAD have to be inserted in main unit and both are turned off at the same time. Both are synchonized and both have to be off when you turn on the car and both have to be joined to be turned off when you turn off the car. If you lose synchronization because you put your PAD ON in your main unit OFF or you extract your PAD before you turn off the car, you have to manually re-synchonize it turning PAD ON or OFF.
So, if you use he PAD as a tablet in your home, the best is that you power it off when you finished.
If your PAD is ON (I mean the device is turn on, despite of display is on or off) and you put in into your main unit and you turn on the car, your PAD display will not be ON and your main unit, probably, will be not ON. You have to extract the PAD, then the main unit will turn on (i think it turns on alone, but if not, you have to press Source button only for a moment) and then you have to put the PAD into the main unit and all will work well.

4) FM aerial the bog standard dosent seem that good, outside house its "ok" just, but then when i got to work, nothing at all no signal tv or radio. Has anyone purchased a 3rd party one with better success ?
I use the FM aerial that omes with my car and i have the same radio signal as with my original radio.
For digital TV built-in signal, you have to put the aerial out in your car body; if not, you have not good signal. I have added an external Alpine DVB-T tuner via AUX in, with two external aerials glued to front and rear glass and it works well, even with the car running.

5) oh and this one is strange. I copied the 4GB card onto an 8GB and put it back into the pad, Lost all the files, well the pad could see them but usb to windows could, "2 drives mounted from pad" i thought it might have been because i copied the card on the pc, so i backed them up from the pad, put the new card back in and copied the files back that way through windows connected to usb. But still the same problem, it could find any music files etc on the card. Then i finally noticed a folder on the pad called "tflash" or close to that, and all the files from the second card are in there, whats going on or is that normal and i just missed it at first ?

The device has an internal SD Card, named /sdcard, and a external micro SD card that you can extract/insert in Android PAD , named /sdcard/tflash/. So, when you connect the PAD to a PC with USB cable, you have two drives: one is the internal SDCArd and the other is the external micro SDCard. And whith any Android file explorer in your PAD, you can see this two SDCard, and another like internal memory, system, ...
So:
1.-There are 2 drives mounted from PAD, /sdcard and /sdcard/tflash
2.-You can access both of them with the PAD connected by USB to a PC, each one in a mounted drive with a different drive letter
3.-If you put files in internal SDCard, you only can do this through USB connection with a PC, this files are in /sdcard
4.-You can copy/delete files in the external microSD of the PAD, by two different ways: trrough USB connection with a PC or extracting it and using an USB external card reader. All this files will be in /sdcard/tflash. So, if you need the path of a file for an Android application, it is /sdcard/tflash. For exemple, if you put a new iGO GPS navigator software and you put iGO folder (with \content, maps, ..) in external micro SDCard, in sys.txt file of /sdcard/tflash/iGO you have to add, at the beginning of the file, the line sdcardpath="\\sdcard\\tflash\\iGO\\" and in [interface] routepath="\\sdcard\\tflash\\iGO\\" if you want iGO works well.

I hope all this text can help you.

Please, if you, or anybody, can check the problems i have with USB and 3G wireless modem and help me, I will be very pleasure.

warlord

Jul 4, 2012
Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply, already got that one covered.

Have you had any news back about your clip

war

warlord

Jul 4, 2012
Hi ii141c

Thanks for your reply , great work.

Some information back. :)

1) I only have 2 wires mate thats it, no GND wire at all :( there is a set of 3 small blocks about 7 pins in each (they look like they could be split, i guess they are like that to fit the original radio socket) anyway the middle block has 2 wires going into it. I have uploaded the wiring diagram here, for what use it is to me rofl h**p://www.filedropper.com/5u2522en All the controls do is on/off vol up/down change source and forward

2) Still no joy with Navigon, when i tried the way you explained all it did was crash Navigon when it tried to load. So I loaded up Igo and that worked, well apart from the "turn r at bout t exit" I know there is a fix for that here, but I didn't like igo at all. I have tried co-pilot but never managed to keep it running long enough on the pad for it to run in the car, for some strange reason I keep getting corrupt file names in the co-pilot folders like unusealbe chars "squares,smiles etc" and then cant delete the folders, (can from pc via usb thankfully) I have had it running ok then after switching back on things like the poi have all vanished and corrupt file names seem to be there again. I will have to clear down the drive and see if a clean install will fix that one.

3) thanks for the exploration there I use the pad a lot out the car, so i guess best to switch it completely off when finished out the car and then just drop it into the system before starting the car :)

4) well its worth a try i have ordered one of these h**p://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190664503756&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:3160 if it works better even just for the FM radio I will be happy. Shame to have HD freeview and not be able to sit outside work to watch it dinner times lol

5) thanks for that I had found the tflash folder but it was strange as the pad said there was no multimedia on the card, but there was in the tflash, but it see's it now :)

I think thats it THANKS for your replies ii141c :)

I wish I could help you with the USB 3G mate, but i dont use one, as i pull up outside work or home the pad announces "connected to wifi" lol

war

warlord

Jul 4, 2012
Hi all

First off , Mark hope you enjoy your holiday :)

I think im answering my own questions here :p

1) still no idea, any help here ?

2) First off there is a problem with Navigon if the pad is turned on at the same time with the unit, it just force closes, has anyone else found this ?
I also found on page 34 in this thread that someone else had the same problem with the sound, that it stopped all music until the end of the journey :( no reports of a fix.

3) Things work ok this way except for as mentioned above Navigon just crashes if the pad is started this way.

4) Got the aerial today, and ummm stupid me i got the f-plug instead of the SMA doh... ebay seller has been really good about it... :)

5) Sorted.

Other things I have noticed on the thread, igo and the stutter speech was mentioned on page 34 with a possible fix, but was never answered, If i get time this weekend i will try and edit the file to see if i can get it work. Sygic well i tried installing that all last night, and all you get is a black screen, also confirmed by Sygic and the pad is not supported.

TomTom has announced that they are doing an Android version, lets hope we get lucky on that one :)

Ok thats all i can think of for now.

war

warlord

Jul 4, 2012
Hi guys

Had to do a factory reset on the pad :(

just one question, Does the pad have FM Radio app on it ?

if so could someone post it for me please

war

ii141c

Jun 16, 2012
1) If you have only 2 wires, i think that there will be 2 data wires and that you can use GND pin of this middle block and, if the middle blcok has not GND pin, from another of the set of 3 blocks.

2) I have both, Navigon and iGO, and all is ok. For iGO, voices are ok. If you are interested, i can give you the link to download this iGO. I think Copilot works too.

The PAD has not FM radio, only IP internet radio.

Nobody has connected a USB pen with music files to USB input? If i do it, i have to wait for the device to read all music files (3-4 minutes) before i can use the device. And each time I select USB option in main menu, the same: I have to wait for 3-4 minutes. So, it is impossible to use it.

Nobody use 3G data USB pen? I use it and only from time to time the PAD recognize the 3G pen, but most it does not work.

Thank you

ii141c

Jun 16, 2012
My iGO link: h**p://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=411397

For voice problem, in my iGO i select TTS voice and in Android Settings -> Voice input output (or something like this) --> pick option "Always use mi configuration" (or something similar)

The problem with Navigation could be that you start it before the SD Card is mounted? If i start iGO before it, it says something like that files foi iGO \content are not in SD Card; if i wat for the PAD to be completely started and all SD Cards mounted, there is no any problem.

ansukman

Jun 27, 2012
Hi All,
I just applied to be a member of this web and forum after long period read through all your guy posted into this thread. It's very interested as I also used ES777 since April this year. Some of my troubles are closed form this thread, Thank you to you all. :)
I have one remain issue for rear view camera and would like to share, my ES777 not show a rear view when it supposed to show, even I have connect/disconnect a signal cable call "car rear view" by hand. I have check a signal by connect the camera signal to other display, it's show without any problem. Why It's work with my ES777 just a first month then not show anymore. Anyone has a same problem with me?
I also have post the problem to web board of Erisin here Erisin • View topic - Car rear view did not appear on ES777 and also email them as they are mention in the board but, did not get well to help.

ii141c

Jun 16, 2012
ansukman,

I am sorry but i can help you: i have a rear camera and i have no problem with it.
When you connect rear view cable, by hand or in your car, do you see anything in ES777 display (black screen, ...) or do you continue seeing the normal input image (radio, PAD, Aux, USB, ...)?

warlord

Jul 4, 2012
1) If you have only 2 wires, i think that there will be 2 data wires and that you can use GND pin of this middle block and, if the middle blcok has not GND pin, from another of the set of 3 blocks.

2) I have both, Navigon and iGO, and all is ok. For iGO, voices are ok. If you are interested, i can give you the link to download this iGO. I think Copilot works too.

The PAD has not FM radio, only IP internet radio.

Nobody has connected a USB pen with music files to USB input? If i do it, i have to wait for the device to read all music files (3-4 minutes) before i can use the device. And each time I select USB option in main menu, the same: I have to wait for 3-4 minutes. So, it is impossible to use it.

Nobody use 3G data USB pen? I use it and only from time to time the PAD recognize the 3G pen, but most it does not work.

Thank you

Hi ii141c

Thanks for the reply mate :)

No joy with the remote steering, spent hours on all combination of wires, the four from the plug and 2 from the switch, no there is no ground just the 2 wires, anyway no combination worked, so thats a no go. :(

on a better note, I have Navigon working installed the latest version and all worked, tested it for 3 days now and worked everytime :)

ummm what can I say about usb pen drive, well I did try a couple of times plugging my pen in the extension cable (hidden in the glove box) but i got nothing from it at all. Gave up and put sd card in the radio lol. Now when i took the box out the other day i noticed the usb cable had disconnected rofl silly me :p I didnt have the pen in the car then , I will try and remember to take it with me tomorrow and try again :)

sorry dont have 3g usb :(

Thanks for the info about radio, i could not remember if there was the radio app on there before i reset it.

Oh and while I remember, best way i have found with pad and unit is to remove the pad before switching off, then power the pad down, and switch unit and pad on before adding the pad. If I let the unit power down the pad most of the time i get lines across the screen and the pad freezes.

Cheers

war

ansukman

Jun 27, 2012
ansukman,

I am sorry but i can help you: i have a rear camera and i have no problem with it.
When you connect rear view cable, by hand or in your car, do you see anything in ES777 display (black screen, ...) or do you continue seeing the normal input image (radio, PAD, Aux, USB, ...)?
Hi ii141c,
Thank you for your kindly help to solve my problem. I try to plug manually to the CAM cable, it's continue the seeing normal player but not a picture from rear view camera. BTW, I got last inform form Erisin to connect a camera signal to AUX. I will try it.

Sorry, for late answer to you. :)

warlord

Jul 4, 2012
Hi ii141c

Finally managed to test the usb stick, the one I had in the car was broken.

I used my 8GB one that has mostly data on it, but put a folder on with a couple of tracks on it. That may make a big difference as it searches and lists the music but it only took about 20 secs from plugging in to show the tracks. If i get a chance i will backup the data and fill it with music and see how long that takes mate.

war