Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

ansukman

Jun 27, 2012
Hi ii141c,
Thank you for your explain, I would a bit correct you that "-One named "MENU". If you push it, you access to a huge menu. Here you can select video mode"
in stead of MENU it's should be a "SET UP" bottom. The MENU bottom as you mention is a DVD Menu and will be show "Invalid Menu" if we are in the TV, SD, USB source.
BTW, in this SETUP can be access via through the remote control.

In my device was set up to be "Auto" for a video mode, even that it's look same result on my rear view camera.

Anymore idea regarding this problem?

Flytyme69

Mar 11, 2012
thanks ii141c, other than a HDMI to rva adatper to the aux input on the rear tv's I couldn't figure it out, wish there was a better way.

On another note i tried to look at the russian forums and can't find anything on our unit on there... mr_cat could you post how you changed the graphics and how to load it on the head unit, I want to hack into this thing it make it look better...lol

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi guys

I thought id check in as ive been away for a while now.
I never got any response to my enquiry about the faulty catch on my base unit. So i will have to try again when i return home.

On the upside ive been using my original 7022 main unit with my 7033 pad during my trip right across central and east europe and the unit has worked well without any incedents!
The igo my way has navigated my route over mainland europe with ease, my unit still suffers the igo stutter which i will try to cure when i return using the advice posted here.

Overall im still loving my unit and my only worry is that the catch will fail on my 7022 like it did on my 7033 main unit as i believe it could be a flimsy / poor design, but im hoping it is a one off.

Mark :cool:

Sent from my Slingloaded Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

Rchapoteau

Jan 25, 2012
I had the misfortune of breaking my tablet the other day, and now I'm debating on getting it repaired with the ebay listed digitizer (did anyone have luck with this?), or trying to get a replacement tab from Esrin (they still haven't repsonded to my emails, or replacing the unit with something completely different.

As far as a different unit goes, I'm leaning towards THIS. I rarely ever took the pad out for anything else other then restarting the unit properly. And now that its broken I'm not sure I'd care to have to deal with it breaking again. Perhaps something thats just built in as a whole would be a better design.

I would love a great way to mount the a Nexus 7 (I've seen some videos of people doing it, but it seems too complicated for now).

Now I'm just weighing my options.

el_jee

Aug 27, 2012
Nice thread you guys have going here. I came across it looking for the Erisin ES777A.
Since my navigation system recently got stolen, I'm looking into buying the newer DM-7035 from Winmark. Recently got word from Winmark that the DM-7035 is available now.

From what I've heard from Winmark, the hardware is exactly the same as ES777a/DM-7033; only the layout looks better. Also the tablet is slightly thinner. I think it will look much nicer than the red layout.

I got a quote for $315 + shipping costs (+ extra for DVB-T) from Winmark for a 'test sample'.

Seems like a very reasonable deal, only problem is that they will only accept T/T (wire transfer) or Western Union. Would you guys say Winmark is to be trusted, or am I likely to get scammed?

unifm

Aug 25, 2012
I've recently bought the ES777 (dm7033), and as I read the forum posts over here, there are still many bugs with this device:(
The pad get's really hot when it's docked on the main unit! I noticed all the lacks and bugs as mentioned in this topic.

I decided to start the most important thing first, for me that's the GPS. The installed IGO was doing strange as stated before in this topic, it stutters and beside that i don't like the layout.
The more because I used Sygic before I had this device:)
But I can't get Sygic to work on this tablet, when someone has a solution, please let it know!

For now I've Copilot v. 8 installed, it works, but the used maps are bad, small villages won't show up, especial in Germany (I life in the Netherlands near the German border)
Tried also to install the newest version of Copilot, it works the first time but after restarting the Pad it won't go anymore:(

Andy1981

Aug 30, 2012
Hi
i have buy the es777a and have a problem with it.
It can not find some satelites. It is always searching. GPS is on! At the main menu schoud be a gps symbol where you can do some settings but i cant find the gps symbol.
Can someone help me with this problem?

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Andy1981 & unifm,

Welcome to the thread & the forum :)

Andy, which gps software are you using & where have mounted the GPS sensor ?

I have returned from my tour of central & eastern europe taking in Wales / England / France / Belguim / Germany /Austria / Hungary / Romania / Bulgaria, I used my work van for the trip & of course my es777 for navigation / entertainment / web surfing etc. I'm please to report it worked very well, I used I-go on the way out & co pilot on the return leg, both worked well but the I-go stutter can get annoying after 12 hours ! (i really must sort it !) & the co pilot crashed twice on the 2000 mile return trip but a quick reboot cured it.

The unit itself didn't miss a beat but the tracks that pass for roads in Romania did manage to cause the cd to skip pause but to be honest i doubt if any cd/dvd could handle those terrible roads !

Any of you guys got any news about your units, apps etc ? BTW I use a app called Filmon to give me tv access on my unit & the picture is superb.

Mark :cool:

unifm

Aug 25, 2012
Hello Mark,

I'm still trying to get a good GPS programm to work, as stated before CoPilot v8 maps ain't good enough for me in the area I need it:)
I cannot get Sygic to work, Route66 works (31days trial), the follow me feature is nice, i'll try to add a external camera on the main unit to test this feature, hopefully it can communicate with route66.

Has someone already tried this: Root Google Maps v6.11.1 Mod + World Navigation Activated

It's silent here in this topic, everyone on holdays?

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi unifm,

Luckily for me co pilot ver 8 has good maps of the uk & major euro routes.
The release of tomtom for android is due very soon and may be the answer to your problems. As gps market leader if they dont have decent local level maps then i doubt if anyone has!

Your prob right about everone being on holiday.

Mark

Sent from my Slingloaded Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

takuarc

Apr 6, 2012
Hi
i have buy the es777a and have a problem with it.
It can not find some satelites. It is always searching. GPS is on! At the main menu schoud be a gps symbol where you can do some settings but i cant find the gps symbol.
Can someone help me with this problem?
I had the same problem and it turned out to be a defective GPS antenna. You can read my previous posts about it.
Long story short: got one from ebay and problem solved. (stuck it on in the middle of the dash with double sided tape and tucked the wires under the windscreen, through the pillars, behind the fuse box to the unit)

takuarc

Apr 6, 2012
I've recently bought the ES777 (dm7033), and as I read the forum posts over here, there are still many bugs with this device:(
The pad get's really hot when it's docked on the main unit! I noticed all the lacks and bugs as mentioned in this topic.

I decided to start the most important thing first, for me that's the GPS. The installed IGO was doing strange as stated before in this topic, it stutters and beside that i don't like the layout.
The more because I used Sygic before I had this device:)
But I can't get Sygic to work on this tablet, when someone has a solution, please let it know!

For now I've Copilot v. 8 installed, it works, but the used maps are bad, small villages won't show up, especial in Germany (I life in the Netherlands near the German border)
Tried also to install the newest version of Copilot, it works the first time but after restarting the Pad it won't go anymore:(

Got exactly the same problem and also tried numerous GPS apps to no satisfaction, but a certain post by a generous member directed me to a link where a new version of iGO was posted, now I got a new interface and no stutters. Its just a few posts back, I am sure it wont take long to find.

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
I had the same problem and it turned out to be a defective GPS antenna. You can read my previous posts about it.
Long story short: got one from ebay and problem solved. (stuck it on in the middle of the dash with double sided tape and tucked the wires under the windscreen, through the pillars, behind the fuse box to the unit)

Hi Takuarc,

Do you have a link to the gps antenna seller on ebay so we can make sure anyone who needs one gets the correct one ?

Thanks

Mark:cool:

takuarc

Apr 6, 2012
Nice thread you guys have going here. I came across it looking for the Erisin ES777A.
Since my navigation system recently got stolen, I'm looking into buying the newer DM-7035 from Winmark. Recently got word from Winmark that the DM-7035 is available now.

From what I've heard from Winmark, the hardware is exactly the same as ES777a/DM-7033; only the layout looks better. Also the tablet is slightly thinner. I think it will look much nicer than the red layout.

I got a quote for $315 + shipping costs (+ extra for DVB-T) from Winmark for a 'test sample'.

Seems like a very reasonable deal, only problem is that they will only accept T/T (wire transfer) or Western Union. Would you guys say Winmark is to be trusted, or am I likely to get scammed?

I have read about people dealing with Winmark to get the 7033 etc and they did get their stuff (I think it was on the Russian website when it was still up), but then always take extra caution when doing business like this. There is no guarantee that you will not be scammed...

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
I have read about people dealing with Winmark to get the 7033 etc and they did get their stuff (I think it was on the Russian website when it was still up), but then always take extra caution when doing business like this. There is no guarantee that you will not be scammed...

Hi Guys,

Winmark also sell through ali express (like a chinese ebay) which may offer more secure payment options.

Mark:cool: