Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

takuarc

Apr 6, 2012
My iGO link: h**p://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=411397

For voice problem, in my iGO i select TTS voice and in Android Settings -> Voice input output (or something like this) --> pick option "Always use mi configuration" (or something similar)

The problem with Navigation could be that you start it before the SD Card is mounted? If i start iGO before it, it says something like that files foi iGO \content are not in SD Card; if i wat for the PAD to be completely started and all SD Cards mounted, there is no any problem.

I just installed it and now my igo no longer stutters!!!!!!

Thanks a mil.

warlord

Jul 4, 2012
Hi all

Well I have got Igo Primo v2.0 working , But
Everything is ok except the sound :( all the speed warnings work, and other speech works, but the directions dont ? The only thing it does is say something like turn left and you have reached your destination. Doh
No other turn by turn instructions at all, just the last turning and destination
anyone got this working ?

war

ii141c

Jun 16, 2012
First of all, takuarc, I am happy for helping you.

Second: I have my ES7778A for a month and it is enough time to speak about it: in general, I am very happy with it, but it has some "no good" features that i am trying to explain, in my bad english, for helping people to buy or not it. I have send an e-mail to Erisin, too, for them to consider this features in new releases and new devices. If i am wrong in any of my opinions, please let me know.

1.-SD/USB input perfomance:
  • a.-When an USB pen is connected to USB rear port of the device or an SD card is inserted in main unit media slot, it takes a long time going through all files in USB pen. During this period, more or less 2 minutes in a 4Gb-8Gb pen/SD, the main unit is blocked and you cannot do anything more that waiting (you cannot hear radio, DVD, AUX, ...). I have a lot of music files on it, but it is usual to use a 4Gb-8Gb unit and plenty of songs. Besides, every time i come into USB/SD option, the device begins to read all files in USB pen again and the device is blocked for 2-5 minutes, when it finishs to read USB pen files. If i received a bluetooth call or i put the FM radio station a moment, when i come back to USB/SD I have to wait again for this horrible 2-5 minutes! I have had a few other devices and they works well, i do not know if they stored a list in memory or they do list in background or ..., but you have music just when you select USB/SD card, perhaps in 5-10 seconds, but not, of course, waiting for minutes.
  • b.-The name of folders and songs in USB pen/SD card are shorted to 8-10 characters, so i have no the full name of the folder or song, but a name finished in "1". With this shorted names, it is very difficult to guess the name of the song. I have had a few other devices and they works well and you can see the full name of folders and songs.
  • c.-Sometimes, the device does not read all folders and files.
  • d.-There is no possible to use random play. Only using remote control and it is a random of all folders and it is no possible to play random songs of only a folder. If i go alone in my car, i want hear my songs randomly, but no my childrens songs! Thera is a lot of buttons in USB/SD card menu and none of them for random play!
As it is now, it is very hard, almost no possible, to use USB/SD card function.

2.-User interface: Some menus are poor and, above all, they are transparent over display and it is very difficult to read menu functions (for exemple Audo menu - bass treble, ...- in USB/SD card menu). I suggest to make every menu a little bit usable, pretty and friendly. Only the main one, the one with all inputs, is quite good.

3.-Radio station stored in memory: if you are hearing a FM radio station you can see the frequency and the name of the FM station in the display, just in the middle; but for stored FM stations you can only see in the button (1, 2 ...6) the frequency, not the name!, so you have to know in your memory which FM station is stored in each button, or the frequency of each FM station! If the device has RDS, as it has, i do not understand why it is no possible to put the name of the FM station in each stored FM station. If it is because with frequency you know that you have to put no more than 6 digits and with names you do not know the long of the station name, at least , let to put the first 8-10 characters of the station name.

4.-Bluetooth agenda.: It is no possible to store mobile contacts in Erisin device. It is a basic feature, but it has not. You can make and received call, but you can no see the name of the person who phones you and you cannot search a person in your agenda to call him.

5.-Volume: each input (radio, bluetooth, AUX, DVD, USD/SD, PAD, ...) has its own default volume and it is crazy. For exemple, if you are hearing FM radio and you receved a phone call, you have to increase volume to be able to hear the person who is calling you by phone; when the phone call finished, you return to FM radio and the volume is very high now and you have to decrease it quickly. It must be the possibility to put a defalut volume (at least high-medium-low) for each input or a automatized control of volume for not to be so different levels for each input.

6.-3G USB Wireless modem: I have bought the 3G USB modem too. It works sometimes and sometimes not. I connect it with my SIM to PAD USB port, the PAD detects the dongle because the SD of the dongle appears, but sometimes Mobile network is possible and sometimes it is grey in Settings because 3G USB modem is not well detected. It depends. Sometimes if you put in with PAD off, it works when you turn it ON, but sometimes not; sometimes it works in an USB port and not in the other (I think that it works better in the upper USB PAD port), ...

It seems that ES778A is a bad device plenty of bugs? NOOO! Above all, i have to say that i am using it for a month and it is quite good. I think that the best one in perfomance-price ratio. But it has some things to improve, in my opinion, and i say to you in order to improve the device, what is good for Erisin, for me and for all customers.

PD: Important: although Erisin says not, it has dual-zone: you can select any input (radio, dvd, TV, aux, USB/SD, ...) and then press PAD button and you can use GPS Navigator (for exemple, because it is the main aplication one use) in Erisin display and you can hear the main input (radio, dvd, TV, aux, USB/SD, ...), and you can hear and see main input in your rear childrens monitors too!!!, and when there is a GPS navigator voice advice, the main input is muted and you can hear GPS navigator voice advice by speakers. When this voice advice finished, two or three seconds later, you can hear the main input again.
I have two rear monitors for my childrens and they can see and hear a film from DVD, USB/SD or AUX, in their monitors and i can see GPS navigator on Erisin PAD display and when it has a voice advice, i can hear it by car speakers.
Only one question: if you have AUX as main input (for exemple, you have a hard disk with films, videos, photos, music connected to Erisin AUX input), the voice alerts of Erisin (Blueetooth phone call, GPS navigator voice advice,...) do not mute the sound, that is to say, if children are seeing in their rear monitors a film from a hard disk connected to AUX input and GPS navigator give you an advice or you received a phone call, you hear both audios at the same time: film audio and phone/GPS audio. This could be good or bad: good for GPS navigator because you can hear GPS navigator without problems and you do not interrupt film audio every time GPS give you an advice (childrens can hate you) and bad for bluetooth phone call because it is impossible to have a phone call with film audio too.

Last edited:

warlord

Jul 4, 2012
Hi ii141c

Thats a good list there, well done for taking the time to emails them.

Please keep us informed if you get any replies, Thanks

war

warlord

Jul 4, 2012
Hi ii141c

I have just finnished installing the iGO android version you linked to in an earlier thread. Im sure i have got things right, but it just closes after the opening screen, no errors or anything, do you have any idea what may be wrong ?

Cheers

war

Flytyme69

Mar 11, 2012
Hey guys, has anyone been able to output video from the tab to the rear seat monitors... I loaded netflix on the tab and it would be nice for my kids in the back to see the movies on thier screens. Also is there a way to increase the brightness of the screen... it gets washed out way to easy & I have tinted windows in my SUV.

takuarc

Apr 6, 2012
Hi ii141c

I have just finnished installing the iGO android version you linked to in an earlier thread. Im sure i have got things right, but it just closes after the opening screen, no errors or anything, do you have any idea what may be wrong ?

Cheers

war

I got mine working just fine, I google translated the instructions and all went well.
Tell us what you did and someone might be able to tell you what you did wrong/ did not do.

ansukman

Jun 27, 2012
Hi ii141c,
Thank you for your kindly help to solve my problem. I try to plug manually to the CAM cable, it's continue the seeing normal player but not a picture from rear view camera. BTW, I got last inform form Erisin to connect a camera signal to AUX. I will try it.

Sorry, for late answer to you. :)
I have try to connected a camera rear view to an AUX-Video In, when I have in R-position. The picture was show in the rear second monitor but not thing in the main unit.
so, my problem stand still. :(

ii141c

Jun 16, 2012
Hi ii141c

Cheers

war

I only put the igo folder in SD Card and install apk. It works fine. When you start the Erisin, you have to wait for SD Card to be mounted. If not, a black screen appears and iGO does not start. But i guess that, in your case, iGO starts well (with the picture of a road and a tree) and closes inmediately.

takuarc has used this iGO and all is ok for him.

Try to unistall it and install again. Have you used the right display resolution (800x480)?

ii141c

Jun 16, 2012
I have try to connected a camera rear view to an AUX-Video In, when I have in R-position. The picture was show in the rear second monitor but not thing in the main unit.
so, my problem stand still. :(

Do you see normail signal inputs in your PAD (DVD, Radio, SD, ..)?
If you see normal signal inputs in your PAD and you see camera on rear monitor but not in PAD if you select AUX, so your PAD display is ok and your AUX input is ok, i only can think it could be a video mode (PAL, SECAM). Which video mode is in your rear monitor? and in your PAD monitor?

warlord

Jul 4, 2012
I only put the igo folder in SD Card and install apk. It works fine. When you start the Erisin, you have to wait for SD Card to be mounted. If not, a black screen appears and iGO does not start. But i guess that, in your case, iGO starts well (with the picture of a road and a tree) and closes inmediately.

takuarc has used this iGO and all is ok for him.

Try to unistall it and install again. Have you used the right display resolution (800x480)?

Got it sorted mate :)

I had deleted all the extra sounds/maps etc and it was looking for spanish/french language files doh

Have to say I prefer Primo2 but have to try and get the sound working. If I do then I'll upload it somewhere :)

war

ansukman

Jun 27, 2012
Do you see normail signal inputs in your PAD (DVD, Radio, SD, ..)?
If you see normal signal inputs in your PAD and you see camera on rear monitor but not in PAD if you select AUX, so your PAD display is ok and your AUX input is ok, i only can think it could be a video mode (PAL, SECAM). Which video mode is in your rear monitor? and in your PAD monitor?
Hi ii141c
Thank you for your answer. The problem for me is, I can not see a picture idle plug in to AUX or CAM in. It's no picture at all on PAD. By the way, I will check on the video mode on the PAD, but how to check? :)

ii141c

Jun 16, 2012
ansukman,
I do not remember now how check video mode. I think that for each input, if you press display there is a menu and you can choose video mode, but i am going to check it and i tell you the exact way.

Meanwhile:
1.-Do you see all inputs picture in your PAD display (DVD, Radio, SD, USB, ... ), except rear camera?
2.-If you put a video source other than rear camera in AUX in, do you see picture in your PAD display? And in your rear monitor?
3.-If you put rear camera in AUX input, do you see picture in your PAD display? And in your rear monitor?
4.-If you put rear camera in CAM, do you see anything, nothing, black screen with "CAM" tittle up corner, ...? Do you see the same picture with R-position on and off?
5.-If you put a video source other than rear camera in CAM, do you see anything, nothing, black screen, ...? Do you see the same picture with R-position on and off?

Flytime69,

I do not know how to been able to output video from the tab to the rear seat monitors, if you get it, please let us know
To increase the brightness of the screen you have a menu for each input pressing on the display

ansukman

Jun 27, 2012
ansukman,
I do not remember now how check video mode. I think that for each input, if you press display there is a menu and you can choose video mode, but i am going to check it and i tell you the exact way. ....

Thank you, I will take a look and try,

I would also give you more info about your question here,
1.-Do you see all inputs picture in your PAD display (DVD, Radio, SD, USB, ... ), except rear camera?
Yes, it is.
2.-If you put a video source other than rear camera in AUX in, do you see picture in your PAD display? And in your rear monitor?
I will try soonest and let you know.
3.-If you put rear camera in AUX input, do you see picture in your PAD display? And in your rear monitor?
it' not show on PAD but show on the rear monitor, It's should be the same result with your question no.2
4.-If you put rear camera in CAM, do you see anything, nothing, black screen with "CAM" tittle up corner, ...? Do you see the same picture with R-position on and off?
If we are in the PAD function, in R-Position, it's will switch to head unit at the last function, it's not show a black screen as you said. And it's also not show anything with R-Position off
5.-If you put a video source other than rear camera in CAM, do you see anything, nothing, black screen, ...? Do you see the same picture with R-position on and off?
I will try this.

ansukman

ii141c

Jun 16, 2012
To check for video mode, and for setup in general: when you are in any of device inputs (DVD, TV, SD, USB, ...), if you touch the screen, more or less in tne center of the screen, a set of buttons are showed in the bottom of the display. There are 3 "pages", every one with several buttons and you RePAg or AvPag with the keys buttons, just the first and the last one. Between all these buttons, there are two main one:
-One with a picture of a hammer and a wrench. If you push it, you access to main video and audio adjusts (bass, treble, brighteness, colour, contrast, ...)
-One named "MENU". If you push it, you access to a huge menu. Here you can select video mode.