Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

el_jee

Aug 27, 2012
Thanks for your responses guys.

I had already decided to go ahead and purchased the DM-7035. In retrospect I don't know why I didn't look into the DM-7041, since it looks just as nice.

It took a few weeks to get into stock, but it should be underway now. Hopefully it will arrive before this weekend, so I have some time to mess around with it.

gpmg762

Jan 27, 2012
Hi All, just finished re-installing my es7777 and like to share my experience with erisin. My main unit died on me 2 weeks ago and i emailed Christine ( the lady i bought an es7777 and es7778). She ask for the fault and ask me to return it for a replacement. Everything is working again, i am a happy man.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi All, just finished re-installing my es7777 and like to share my experience with erisin. My main unit died on me 2 weeks ago and i emailed Christine ( the lady i bought an es7777 and es7778). She ask for the fault and ask me to return it for a replacement. Everything is working again, i am a happy man.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Hi gpmg,

Glad erisin got you sorted, I've had no joy with winmark about my latch problem, I might try to build up the latch with a resin type product !

Mark:cool:

ellolo

Jan 14, 2012
Hello Mark and all

I'm back after some time :)
I finaly kept my dm7022 as my "fade to white" problem faded by itself.
I decided this month to buy a dm7033 via erisin (very good contact and very fast delivery) and got one last week.
I managed to get also a dedicated wall charger as the tab arrived with only its leather case (and nothing else).
Currently on the process of preparing the tab (with iGO PRIMO) but i'm afraid to have a bad nand as data are continually be corrupted (files disapearing or changing to 0 bytes and LOST.DIR growing accordingly).

I checked the nand mount and the nand is mounted twice (strange) :
/dev/block/vold/240:1 2.6G 1.5M 2.6G 0% /mnt/sdcard (vfat)
/dev/block/vold/240:1 2.6G 1.5M 2.6G 0% /mnt/secure/asec (vfat)

I believed the nand was 4G.
Did anybody faced that kind of thing before?

Laurent

Last edited:

ellolo

Jan 14, 2012
Maybe a solution to my problem :
- formated nand in ntfs in place of fat32
- installed iGO on an extra fat32 microsdcard.

So far so good.
Via startup manager, iGO (PRIMO) seems to autostart so quickly that it fails to find the card. So i need to start it manualy.
Tried to find another mean to autostart it or delay it but no luck. Any idea ?

Laurent

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Maybe a solution to my problem :
- formated nand in ntfs in place of fat32
- installed iGO on an extra fat32 microsdcard.

So far so good.
Via startup manager, iGO (PRIMO) seems to autostart so quickly that it fails to find the card. So i need to start it manualy.
Tried to find another mean to autostart it or delay it but no luck. Any idea ?

Laurent

Hi Laurent,

Nice to see you back here, you have a strange problem there ! I hope your sd card solution works for you.

BTW did you get a whole DM7033 or the pad only ?

ellolo

Jan 14, 2012
Hi Mark

I got the pad only.
As you know, many android apps now need to have at least 2.2 OS and also one mini USB port is dead on my DM7022 (the one used for adb and PC connexion). That's why the upgrade.

Laurent

el_jee

Aug 27, 2012
Got my DM7035 last weekend and had some time to play around with it.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the unit. Only if they had shipped me the DVB-T version I ordered; hopefully they'll resolve it.

Anyway, I can't really compare to the DM7033 (ES777) since I've never owned that unit.
The tablet runs pretty smoothly. I think it has a never firmware than the DM7033; it runs a version built on august 28th:
Android version: 2.3.5
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-tcc
Build number: full_m801-eng 2.3.5 GRJ90 20120828.160435 test-keys

If anyone is interested I can probably share the ROM. (will need to tell me how though)

It comes without any navigation software. I spent a lot of time trying to install igo primo 2, but it does run pretty smooth now.

The tips thoughout this thread have been really helpful. I'm running Carhome Ultra now.
I used ButtonRemapper to remap the menu button (you could use any button) to the search key. In tasker you can map a long press search key to any action. This way I'm having a shortcut to the carhome, and don't need the menu bar anymore in car mode.

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Got my DM7035 last weekend and had some time to play around with it.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the unit. Only if they had shipped me the DVB-T version I ordered; hopefully they'll resolve it.

Anyway, I can't really compare to the DM7033 (ES777) since I've never owned that unit.
The tablet runs pretty smoothly. I think it has a never firmware than the DM7033; it runs a version built on august 28th:
Android version: 2.3.5
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-tcc
Build number: full_m801-eng 2.3.5 GRJ90 20120828.160435 test-keys

If anyone is interested I can probably share the ROM. (will need to tell me how though)

It comes without any navigation software. I spent a lot of time trying to install igo primo 2, but it does run pretty smooth now.

The tips thoughout this thread have been really helpful. I'm running Carhome Ultra now.
I used ButtonRemapper to remap the menu button (you could use any button) to the search key. In tasker you can map a long press search key to any action. This way I'm having a shortcut to the carhome, and don't need the menu bar anymore in car mode.

Hi el_jee,

If you cant get the unit replaced with a dvb-t version you could always add a dvb-t tuner to the aux input like i did, 1 draw back is I have a seperate remote for dvb-t.
Let us know how you get on.

Mark
:cool:

el_jee

Aug 27, 2012
Hi el_jee,

If you cant get the unit replaced with a dvb-t version you could always add a dvb-t tuner to the aux input like i did, 1 draw back is I have a seperate remote for dvb-t.
Let us know how you get on.

Mark
:cool:

I think I'm gonna leave the DVB-T as is, since there's only 3 FTA-channels in NL anyways.

As for Winmark, not very happy with them. They say the DVB-T version is not in stock, and won't get into stock. They 'offered' me to come pick up the price difference in cash ($48) between 12-15 October in Hong Kong, or get it as discount on my next purchase. So far no response on my request to refund it to my bank account (or replace the unit with the correct item).

Also, I did some digging last week into the android OS, to try to find out how the auto shutdown works. I found out that the pad doesn't use 'docking mode', but rather detects that a headset is plugged, and acts upon that. One could use this event in Tasker to perform any arbitrary action upon docking/undocking. I want to eliminate the process responsible for shutting down the device when unplugging power (since it also shuts down upon starting my car).
Did ask for help here: [Q] Finding responsible process for shutting down device - xda-developers Unfortunately no responses.
If I figure something out I will let you guys know.

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi el_jee

Interesting stuff mate, the docking behavour you describe is indeed annoying. Please let us know if you find a solution.
I was hoping that winmark would release a upgraded pad but no joy as yet.
I,m also dissapointed by winmark and their total lack of reponse to my pad docking problem.
The concept is a great one let down by language barriers and apparent lack of manufacturer interest once the product is sold. I hope winmark step up and support their product and customers. I dont expect them to give us any more than good service & i dont expect anything for nothing but you should at least get what you paid for!
I still hope they will listen to their customers and even take on ideas from the customers to improve the product.
As much as i love my car pad, I hesitate at spending any more money with winmark given their recent attitudes to customers. I'm hoping to get more service out of my car pad but I've also got my eyes open for other android based solutions to car entertainment & navigation.

Sent from my Slingloaded Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

makso

Oct 14, 2012
Hello friends I wonder considering buying erisin es770a orRoad Terminator from Chinavasion
Anyone know the differences between the two because they look the same in terms of specs