Viewsonic Viewpad 10s

macros

Mar 13, 2011
hoi dademira,sorry maar ik moet in het engels op het forum schrijven,maar even snel:je moet een kabel hebben om uit loop te komen voor zover ik weet.
ik heb de corvusvega rom [ROM] CorvusVegaRom_0.4 (based in Vegan-Tab from Gojimi) - xda-developers draaien en die draait prima.

For the mods:sorry for the native language but i only explained that he needed a cable to get out of the
loop,And that the corvusvega worked excellent for my viewpad 10s.

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Well i tried to flash the rom and now im in bootloop...... i put the honycomb bootanimation because i like it an now its stuck in boot loop cannot get into recovery. I see the scating droid then it flashes 1 time then it goes in booyloop.

Dont know how to restore sinds i havent got an usb cable,,,,

Sorry about that. I thought you said you have 2 USB cables in post 57 above. You need a USB cable, and then follow these instructions:
1) Download 10s firmware uprade from viewsonic website and save it a folder on PC. ViewSonic - Knowledge Base
2) Power down your 10s and connect it to PC with USB cable. Open device manager.
3) Press and hold power button for a few seconds then connect charger cable ( do not release power button). Press back button while pressing power button
4)Release power button after 2s and then release back button after 2s
5) Check if device manager refreshes and NVIDIA driver appears under Universal Serial Bus Controllers
6) Repeat 3 & 4 if necessary. Usually driver appears on second attempt. ( Other people use standard method to boot into recovery)
7)Click the firmware downloaded in step 1 and wait for it to install.
8) Start 10s.
You can Reinstall clockwork recovery. I have used this method several times and it always worked.

Shayind4

macros

Mar 13, 2011
Sorry about that. I thought you said you have 2 USB cables in post 57 above. You need a USB cable, and then follow these instructions:
1) Download 10s firmware uprade from viewsonic website and save it a folder on PC. ViewSonic - Knowledge Base
2) Power down your 10s and connect it to PC with USB cable. Open device manager.
3) Press and hold power button for a few seconds then connect charger cable ( do not release power button). Press back button while pressing power button
4)Release power button after 2s and then release back button after 2s
5) Check if device manager refreshes and NVIDIA driver appears under Universal Serial Bus Controllers
6) Repeat 3 & 4 if necessary. Usually driver appears on second attempt. ( Other people use standard method to boot into recovery)
7)Click the firmware downloaded in step 1 and wait for it to install.
8) Start 10s.
You can Reinstall clockwork recovery. I have used this method several times and it always worked.

Shayind4

Thanks for giving a step by step instruction on flashing this device.
Only thing i want to add is that i did it the same way without using the charging cable to connect.

p.s make sure battery is above aprox. 70% with flashing

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for giving a step by step instruction on flashing this device.
Only thing i want to add is that i did it the same way without using the charging cable to connect.

p.s make sure battery is above aprox. 70% with flashing

Hi Macros
I am using advent v1.09 rom. I will try CorvusVegaRom to compare.

regards

Shayind4

Dademira

Mar 30, 2011
Dank je wel Macros < Thnx Macros for giving me these tips i made my own usb cable by putting 2 exectly the sam usb cables toghter and i see my device on my computer. It tells me that an Nvidia Harmony is connected. Now i'm going to down the original rom from the link you gave me. i tried to connect with adb and my device is listed can i also flash the rom on my sd card? or is it safer to go from scratch?

Thnx Shayind4 and Macros.

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Dank je wel Macros < Thnx Macros for giving me these tips i made my own usb cable by putting 2 exectly the sam usb cables toghter and i see my device on my computer. It tells me that an Nvidia Harmony is connected. Now i'm going to down the original rom from the link you gave me. i tried to connect with adb and my device is listed can i also flash the rom on my sd card? or is it safer to go from scratch?

Thnx Shayind4 and Macros.

It is safer to start from scratch. You can install all your applications afterward. Here are 2 alternative ROMs that work well on 10s. They have been tested to work.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! ( CorvusVegaRom)
http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/softwareImage_v1.09_Vega_Final.exe

regards

Shayind4

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Hi shayind,Because you have advent rom you can probably flash corvusvega with cwm,good luck with flashing.

Thanks. It runs well just like the advent rom. Clockwork recovery +recovery app already installed, and it has 2 launchers. I like it.

Dademira

Mar 30, 2011
just installed the right driver going t reboot and upgrade

thnx will let you know if it worked.

grtz

edit: It worked going to install cwm and corvus rom niw, thnx for the help.

Last edited:

android074

Mar 16, 2011
I tried the CorvusVegaRom and had problems with the wifi. It stated Fault in the enable wifi At the 1.09 update from viewsonic I have problems with the bluetooth connection to my home cinema set ( no problems on this with the CorvusVegaRom ) therefore I prefer the CorvusVegaRom does anybody have problems with wifi connection here.

P.s. Is the Advent 1.09 the same as the viewsonic 1.09?

Brgds

Android074

Last edited:

beegee_tokyo

Developer
Feb 8, 2011
I tried the CorvusVegaRom and had problems with the wifi. It stated Fault in the enable wifi At the 1.09 update from viewsonic I have problems with the bluetooth connection to my home cinema set ( no problems on this with the CorvusVegaRom ) therefore I prefer the CorvusVegaRom does anybody have problems with wifi connection here.

I tried CorvusVegaROM but an older version and had problems with the 3G. Right now playing with a 1.10 ROM version from the Korean Webmachines UX100. Don't see much differences though.

Brgds

Android074

Not sure, but I think most ROMs come from the manufacturer of the tablets, Shuttle in Taiwan. The different brands only make smaller changes to the ROM, like branding or putting specific APKs in it. The Korean ROM I am playing with right now had a Korean keyboard coming with it.

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010

Brgds

Android074

Hi
I'm using the CorvusVega rom and it runs well on my 10s. I don't have any problem with wifi after running it for a while. The viewsonic firmware update 1.09 is different from advent 1.09 firmware. I've found that all three roms run well on 10s but i prefer the CorvusVega because it has 2 launchers and one of them is advent vega home screen. I don't have 3g tablet to confirm it's effect as mentioned by beegee tokyo.

Regards

Shayind4

android074

Mar 16, 2011
Hi All,

Thanks for the info. In relation to the CorvusVega rom, did you install it by saving the zip file to sd card and then run software update, or did you wipe the tablet first an then installed it.

Brgds

Android074

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010