Aldiko reader bug

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
Had anyone else notice that aldiko reverts to the first page of the chapter when you return to the book. I've searched around and its supposed to remember your place. Some Cygenomod users have seen similar behavior. How about nook users?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Had anyone else notice that aldiko reverts to the first page of the chapter when you return to the book. I've searched around and its supposed to remember your place. Some Cygenomod users have seen similar behavior. How about nook users?

Yes say here, there is a bug with aldiko.

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
I found the solution! Pay 3 bucks and buy the full version :).

Actually not a bad $3 to spend. It's version 2.0 which is just plain nicer, better, and has tons more features.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I found the solution! Pay 3 bucks and buy the full version :).

Actually not a bad $3 to spend. It's version 2.0 which is just plain nicer, better, and has tons more features.

Cool, good to hear, glad it worked out.

Since the NC already has a great built in reader, I don't use Aldiko on my NC, although I have it installed. It's still my #1 reader on my Evo though, love it there.
Although, I

spica

Jan 10, 2011
I tried the Aldiko but don't care for it too much. It doesn't seem to pick up the books in my current library. And yes, it does go back to the first page. I, too, like the built-in reader and plan on using that.

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
The $3 version 2.0 version is fairly outstanding, with both issues above resolved and other major enhancements. The library app is quite nice. Just not as customizable for a control freak like myself.

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
Finally... (and there's nothing quite like filling up a thread you started), the main reason I went for Aldiko is that it doesn't mind my current LCD density (240) unlike the B&N Library. Had to change it - the small text was killing my eyes.