Augen's 7" Android Tablet hits K-Mart stores this week for $149

wuyanks

Jul 23, 2010
9anu6a.jpg

(Reports are emerging that this tablet is out of stock everywhere, and wont receive shipments until a later date.)

When you thought "inexpensive" and "tablet" don't belong in the same sentence, K-Mart is about to prove you wrong. The Augen GenTouch Android tablet is hitting K-Mart shelves this weekend, according to its latest circular, for the low price of $149 ($169 now). You will be getting a 7" 800x480 TFT LCD screen, 800Mhz CPU, 256MB RAM, 2GB storage, WiFi connectivity, SD/MMC slot (up to 16GB) and Android 2.1 with Market capability. The rest of the specs are unknown at this time, but for $169 I would expect the CPU to be an older ARMv6 or ARM11. And if that wasn't enough, the Augen GenTouch comes with a leather carrying case and AC Adapter. The GenTouch may not be as spiffy as the German WeTab or the Dell Streak, but for the price, you certainly can't go wrong! We believe this to be the first readily-available-in-the-US Android 2.1 tablet, and are extremely excited to get our paws on one soon.

2cgczte.jpg

Check out a video user review of the Auger GenTouch Tablet (cheers MrJn7)

Anyone planning on snagging a GenTouch this weekend? Let us know. Also head on over to our dedicated Augen GenTouch Forum

via Engadget
Source: AugenUS, K-Mart

Edit:
New sources stating that the tablet is actually now $169, not $149 as previously mentioned: $169 Augen Android Tablet Still Not on K-Mart Shelves | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
But this tablet is being delayed.

Last edited by a moderator:

gstovall

Jul 27, 2010
I've checked with local K-Marts. They have not received any, despite the fact it is advertised in the local flier.

Jul 15, 2010
I called down to my local store and was told they never received them so they are handing out rain checks. But seeing as EdTheUniqueGeek just mentioned it doesn't have the capacitive screen it seems it not worth my time. I will continue with my Moonse E7001 like I never saw that shiny gadget calling my name. ;)

Jul 15, 2010
@ manfly9884: None of the stores received their shipment for some reason. Just ask for a rain check so if they raise the price you get it at the ad price. :)

semfreak

Jul 25, 2010
I noticed that you say that this unit is the first available in the US. Flat Computing has had a 10.2" Android Tablet for sale and shipping from the US since July 2 making t hem the first to market in the USA.

I have purchased an android tablet from Flat Computing and it was everything they said it was. Their support is awesome and the developer from SlatDroid.com is building their 2.2 ROM available in lat Aug.

Take a look for your selves:
http://www.flatcomputing.com
10.2in Tablet PC 1Ghz CPU with 256MB of Memory and Android 2.1 OS!

• ARM Cortex-A8 Processor 1GHz+
  • “Same Processor as Apple’s iPad”
  • 2GB flash memory
  • 256MB of RAM
  • microSD memory card slot up to 32GB
  • 10.2” TFT ,1024×600 Touchscreen Display
  • WiFi support
  • Accelerometer
  • Google Maps
  • and of course an Android 2.1 operating System
Read more here: FlatPad A10 Android 2.1 | Android Tablet | Flat Computing | Flat Computing

manfly9884

Jun 18, 2010
I called down to my local store and was told they never received them so they are handing out rain checks. But seeing as EdTheUniqueGeek just mentioned it doesn't have the capacitive screen it seems it not worth my time. I will continue with my Moonse E7001 like I never saw that shiny gadget calling my name. ;)

Thanks got one. Got info from them through twitter and they said that they will shortly have them in their sstores.
Thanks

manfly9884

Jun 18, 2010
@ manfly9884: None of the stores received their shipment for some reason. Just ask for a rain check so if they raise the price you get it at the ad price. :)

Thanks. Got one.. Now waiting for them to get the tablet to their stores. Through twitter I got a response stating that they had some difficulties with their deliveries and that they soon will be stocking their stores.

wuyanks

Jul 23, 2010
I noticed that you say that this unit is the first available in the US. Flat Computing has had a 10.2" Android Tablet for sale and shipping from the US since July 2 making t hem the first to market in the USA.

I have purchased an android tablet from Flat Computing and it was everything they said it was. Their support is awesome and the developer from SlatDroid.com is building their 2.2 ROM available in lat Aug.

Take a look for your selves:
http://www.flatcomputing.com
10.2in Tablet PC 1Ghz CPU with 256MB of Memory and Android 2.1 OS!

• ARM Cortex-A8 Processor 1GHz+
  • “Same Processor as Apple’s iPad”
  • 2GB flash memory
  • 256MB of RAM
  • microSD memory card slot up to 32GB
  • 10.2” TFT ,1024×600 Touchscreen Display
  • WiFi support
  • Accelerometer
  • Google Maps
  • and of course an Android 2.1 operating System
Read more here: FlatPad A10 Android 2.1 | Android Tablet | Flat Computing | Flat Computing

"readily available" was my exact wording. thanks for the link tho, will check it out:)

wuyanks

Jul 23, 2010
OP updated with a user video review! check it out and let us know what you think

Last edited by a moderator: