AutoNooter now possible with 1.1.0

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Nice find. Now the rest of the NC nation can catch up to the brave souls that went ahead with the 1.1 rom. :)

jdog

Jan 26, 2011
I just realized there is another thread where someone is asking about how to root 1.0. If you want to merge the threads feel free, or I can just post the link in that thread as well.

rogand

Jan 26, 2011
Of course it gets announced today, after I struggled with a 1.0.1 vs 1.1.0 tweener unit for most of a week, and finally got it just last night, around 1am ;)

jdog

Jan 26, 2011
It actually got posted at 8:29 lastnight. I was beating my head against the wall last night trying to decide what approach to take when I stumbled on it around 10:30. Sorry I didn't post sooner....might have saved you some frustration.

rogand

Jan 26, 2011
No worries. I like the learning (mostly) so it was a good exercise just the same. Besides, if I'd known about it, I'd have beaten my head trying to decide too, just as I did with the wireless vs ADB update methods (never did decide, it's just after 3 days, I capitulated and risked the wireless method when I was very tired ;) )

Now the question becomes, what are the real advantages of 1.1.0? I'm pretty sure when I briefly had a 1.1.0 unit, that the browser pinched and zoomed, which I don't think my current one does.

And if one does want it, what's the best method (one could allow the OTA, and then re-root, or is there a better method to jump from rooted 1.0.1 to rooted 1.1.0.
Any changes in contact/calender/gmail? Those and browser pinch/zoom would be the big things I'm looking for.
thanks
roger

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
No worries. I like the learning (mostly) so it was a good exercise just the same. Besides, if I'd known about it, I'd have beaten my head trying to decide too, just as I did with the wireless vs ADB update methods (never did decide, it's just after 3 days, I capitulated and risked the wireless method when I was very tired ;) )

Now the question becomes, what are the real advantages of 1.1.0? I'm pretty sure when I briefly had a 1.1.0 unit, that the browser pinched and zoomed, which I don't think my current one does.

And if one does want it, what's the best method (one could allow the OTA, and then re-root, or is there a better method to jump from rooted 1.0.1 to rooted 1.1.0.
Any changes in contact/calender/gmail? Those and browser pinch/zoom would be the big things I'm looking for.
thanks
roger

If you want to jump to 1.1 without unrooting, you could load the pre-rooted 1.1 rom through Clockwork Recovery. Read the thread on the 1.1 rom first to see what the bugs and benefits are in 1.1 before you make a decision.

Last edited:

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
If you want to jump to 1.1 without unrooting, you could load the pre-rooted 1.1 rom through Clockwork Recovery. Read the thread on the 1.1 rom first to see what the bugs and benefits are in 1.1 before you make a decision.

I just did this, and it works great. :)

migrax

Feb 4, 2011
I installed ROM Manager 3.0.0.7 and intalled the Pre-Rooted Nook 1.1.0 rom. However I have an issue with ROM Manager... Though I used it to install the ROM, it has taken over the backup for my Nook Color, I simply cannot revert to 1.0 rom, clockwork mod takes over the restore process and will not allow me to go back... not that I want to at the moment, but it worries me a bit that it is not an option for me. How do I get clockwork mod to hand over the backup to Nook's backup and restore system? 8 restarts launches clockwork and so does the 3 finger salute. Sorry, I am a complete noob at this and I feel like I am in over my head.

migrax

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I installed ROM Manager 3.0.0.7 and intalled the Pre-Rooted Nook 1.1.0 rom. However I have an issue with ROM Manager... Though I used it to install the ROM, it has taken over the backup for my Nook Color, I simply cannot revert to 1.0 rom, clockwork mod takes over the restore process and will not allow me to go back... not that I want to at the moment, but it worries me a bit that it is not an option for me. How do I get clockwork mod to hand over the backup to Nook's backup and restore system? 8 restarts launches clockwork and so does the 3 finger salute. Sorry, I am a complete noob at this and I feel like I am in over my head.

migrax

Use this tutorial to remove ClockworkMod Recovery and restore stock recovery. Then you can perform factory reset as normal. You can re-install CWR at anytime.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-1-update-if-using-clockworkmod-recovery.html

tomtin

Jan 30, 2011
I used this to root my nook. Worked like a charm. However, some books won't download from my Barnes and Noble account. Any reason why this is so?

Nevermind, I got them to download. How do I get rid of that little arrow to the right? It doesn't seem to work well anyway.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Nevermind, I got them to download. How do I get rid of that little arrow to the right? It doesn't seem to work well anyway.

Little arrow? You mean soft keys? You need that or button savior to back out/hit menu when in full screen. Also u might want to add a home replacement launcher like "zeam" from the market.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk