[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Cool. I am trying to implement swap and fix the problem with apps2SD breaking when dismounting a disk (SD or thumb drive). It's driving me crazy...

Also, I saw that prox32 updated the graphics libraries in his Gingerbread build... Did you try it? Is it full 2.3.3 or still 2.3?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Yeah, I saw that too, but it hasn't been updated in 5mo or more... :(

I am very happy with my actual CFW build, just looking for a way to play certain high end games without freezes (when it happens, a reset is needed). It's something related to the graphics driver or free RAM.

fmnelson

Oct 10, 2011
lfom-
Found a small issue that you may be able to help me with. The 1.1 version allowed my 1024 to access and watch Hulu Plus. I noticed that 1.2 would not and thought it might have been something I did. However. 1.3 is getting the Hulu Plus app's "Your device is not compatible" message when I open the app. I completed no cusomizations. I installed 1.3 straight from the Zip file.

Maybe you have an answer or suggestion.

Thanks
fmnelson

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
lfom-
Found a small issue that you may be able to help me with. The 1.1 version allowed my 1024 to access and watch Hulu Plus. I noticed that 1.2 would not and thought it might have been something I did. However. 1.3 is getting the Hulu Plus app's "Your device is not compatible" message when I open the app. I completed no cusomizations. I installed 1.3 straight from the Zip file.

Maybe you have an answer or suggestion.

In the /system folder, copy build.prop.vanilla to build.prop (you may want to backup it first if you modified the file in the past), clear app's data in settings then reboot and try to use it again. V1.1 had MID1024 fingerprint with no optimization while later versions use GT-P1000 fingerprint and optimization. If it fails, or before modifying build.prop, try using LCD resolution app to change LCD density to 200 or 240.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@fmnelson - did it fixed hulu for you?

@diotto - thanks. ;)

adiehl777

Dec 1, 2011
Thank you so much for the hard word on the rom. Its beautiful. My accellerometer is kind of wonky with games (speedx 3d for example). Is this something that is known or can be fixed? Thanks!!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Thank you so much for the hard word on the rom. Its beautiful. My accellerometer is kind of wonky with games (speedx 3d for example). Is this something that is known or can be fixed? Thanks!!

Don't know what you call "wonky", but it works fine here. Some games let you select the sensibility. Beside that I don't know anything else that can be done...

sunset0202

Aug 10, 2011
@lfom
Guess it's not the right topic, but maybe you can point me the way if so.
After some happy time with my 7024, game over: my 7-year-old son dropped it, and now I rest with a handful of shattered glass... So, I thought it was time to try the big capacitive screen. I won't go for the big buck ones, the Acers or Samsungs... Of course my immediate option was the 1024.

Buuut... I see here and there (here mostly) issues about board version which won't accept CFWs, discussions wether it's dual touch or multitouch...

Since you're the 1024 master (as steev rulez the 7024), what's the truth in all this? Are the "bad" boards the older ones? Are there dual and multitouch 1024's, being the "bad" version dualtouch and the good one multi? Is it a shot in the dark, in the end?

Can´t imagine buying a Kyros that I can't play with CFWs. As for the newer Coby models, none of them are available in my country, just 1024, 7024, 7022...

I'd really appreciate your input!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Are the "bad" boards the older ones? Are there dual and multitouch 1024's, being the "bad" version dualtouch and the good one multi? Is it a shot in the dark, in the end?

I can't tell you when or where you get the models with 1025_v4 board, but it seems that these are old models that are sold mostly outside USA. If you purchase your Kyros in one of the big retailers, most probably it will be a 1024n. Also, testing if it's dual or multi-touch doesn't prove much, but if it recognizes more than 2 touches then the chances it is a 1024n is bigger. So far I have seen 3 models of Kyros MID1024, the only way to make sure it's a 1024n is doing the test explained hereL
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...1024-owners-read-before-flashing-any-rom.html

sunset0202

Aug 10, 2011
@lfom
Well, I guess we are from the same country, so, since there are no 'big retailers' around here, you know my possible ways for getting my tablet. Think I´ll cross my fingers and hope for a good outcome. Thanks, lfom!

fmnelson

Oct 10, 2011
Still working on the hulu problem. Found another issue. In 1.2 and 1.3, i'm not able to connect to android market or the amazon market after about two days.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Still working on the hulu problem. Found another issue. In 1.2 and 1.3, i'm not able to connect to android market or the amazon market after about two days.

I don't think it's related to the CFW, at least not in the case of Android Market. Never had a problem here.

Last edited: