Cyberus 10.1" Android 2.2 Tablet, eReader, Media Player - $149

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
cyberus-10.png

It seems Ebay's daily deals have been focused on Android Tablets with nearly every day a different device has been listed with a good pricetag. Today is no different with the Cyberus 10.1" Android 2.2 Tablet, eReader, Media Player for only $149.

Description
Android-powered Sungale 10.1" Tablet offer a bright 10.1" hi-resolution screen (1024x600) for your various entertainments. The most outstanding feature of this tablet is that it has integrated almost all the e-book providers' apks, which make you be able to download all ebooks from different vendors. The optimized home page design brings to customers direct utilization of the most popular tablet functions. This product is not designed to compete with iPad or iPad 2, but, in all the resistive touch panel tablets, its responding speed is excellent, even better than some immature capacitive touch panels.

Features
Optimized design based Android 2.2
Hi-resolution display screen (1024x600)
Compatible with Kobo, Kindle Nook, Google e-Book, you can collect thousands e-books.
Special specified photo browser makes your photos vivid
A lot of video/auido funs from different apps
Compatible with Google map, browser
Support social networks such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc
Support Google Talk, email etc
Download tons of applications from internet
Built-in speakers and earphone audio output
Expand external memory up to 32GB by MiniSD card

Tech Specs
1GHZ CPU + Android 2.2 operation system
Resolution: 1024x600pixels
Wireless: WiFi 802.11b/g
Resistive touch panel
2GB Internal Memory
Memory Card supports: Micro SD
USB connection: USB device 2.0
Camera: Video 0.3 Mega Pixels (VGA), Photo 2 Mega Pixel
Power supply: AC 100—240V, DC 5V 2A

For more information visit: NEW Cyberus 10.1" Android 2.2 Tablet | eBay

wentzeric

Aug 18, 2010
Does anyone know of a review for this device ?? I can't find one anywhere or if anyone has one I would love to know if the ebay deal is worth it...

Chakravanti

Jul 7, 2011
I'll post a report beginning of next week. Mine arrives tomorrow. I intend to use it as an ebook, email music player/reader. Quotes video functionality so if it works reasonably well I'll be happy. Teathering or wifi to my network HD would also be a plus. .MOV for off-the-card support of my pocketcam SD card playback would then be the ultimate. However, yes, for 128mb I'm not expecting much more than ebook/email/music. Even web browsing would be a plus.

JerryKII

Jul 11, 2011
Looking forward to your review next week. I received mine on Saturday, I am concerned about the 128mb as well. Looking to use as a reader as well. I have been looking at ebook readers, Nook, kobo, etc. Did not want to spend that kind of money for just a reader. I saw this on ebay and thought about it and purchased, knowing that I have 30 days to return. What I have noticed is the wifi is not that great, and not sure how to boost that. I can go outside with any of my computers and get a good signal, the cyberus will not pick it up at all. Even in the house where I have a excellent signal, the cyberus is one bar maybe two sometimes. Still working with it and would like to know how to move programs to the added micro card. Anyway I would like to hear from the experts what the think about this for $150.00.

JerryKII

Jul 11, 2011
Did not wait, requested RMA today. Still would like to see what everyone else has to say or think about this product.

Chakravanti

Jul 7, 2011
Sorry for the delay. I've been spending a lot fo time testing and working with a lot of differnent hardware as well as this.

I only have three complaints.

1 - I don't know how much RAM this thing has ebay and buy.com list 128. Sungale lists it as 256. I can't find any way to check since I'm so new to android.

2. the MicroSD card slot has embossed "T-FLASH" in front such that it's nigh impossible to remove the chip.

3. Glare in sunlight. You can't use this thing outside during the day.

4. I wish it had bluetooth. But this doesn't count because I knew that.
Else I wouldn't notice memory concerns. takes a moment to boot. Recognizes my PNY 8Gb. I watched 720p xvid with no stuttering or problems. Touch screen is reconsive but not too sensitive as I was always frustrated with my smart phone experiences.

5. Can't figure out how to remove facebook (LOL). Awaiting diaspora.

Ebooks look great. Wifi connects perfectly with WPA2 AES-256. Touch screen keyboard makes you want to punch someone in the face but that's a given. Again, A small handheld bluetooth keyboard would have been nice to be able to nab for this.

For $150 I'm ecstatic. Plus camera; webcam etc. Duck tape solves everything.