enTourage eDGe™ Features

JimMariner

Dec 23, 2009
The enTourage eDGe™ e-reader screen is a spacious 1200 x 825 pixels, or 9.7 inches measured diagonally. This big screen makes reading e-books much easier than on smaller screens, reducing the number of page turns. It includes the advantages of other e-readers, with zooming capability, a glare-free screen, and the ability to read in sunlight. The enTourage eDGe™ e-reader uses e-Ink® technology, which lets you take notes right on the book you're reading. You can open a journal page, enter drawings with the stylus or text -- either by hand or using the virtual keyboard. Then it lets you save your notes and journals to the enTourage eDGe™, to a server, or email them to your friends or classmates. The enTourage eDGe™ can read both ePub files and PDFs.

4angles.jpg

Netbook Functionality

The enTourage eDGe™ color touchscreen is a whole netbook, ready to play movies or MP3s, organize your books, notes, and pictures, or let you instant message your friends. The screen is 1024 x 600 pixels, or 10.1 inches measured diagonally. You can view images from the e-book you're reading on the color display. You can open a virtual keyboard and type instant messages or emails. The netbook includes an audio recorder to capture lectures for later playback or sharing. It also has a video camera to record still images or movies as MP4s or 3GP files. You can plug in headphones or a microphone or use the built in speaker and recorder.

The netbook functionality comes with web browsing, audio/video record and playback, an email function and contacts list, a calculator, an alarm clock, and a library function to manage your books and files. The enTourage eDGe™ uses the Google® Android® operating system, so you can add other applications you need.

Communications

The enTourage eDGe™ has built in WiFi® and future support for 3G using an EVDO or HSDPA mobile modem. You can quickly download e-books, send an email, browse the web, or combine your notetaking, emailing, and browsing, all from one device. The enTourage eDGe™ also includes BlueTooth® capability to add an external keyboard.

Flexibility

The enTourage eDGe™ lets you work the way you want. You can use the netbook in portrait or landscape mode, but you can also flip everything around 180 degrees. When you do that, the e-reader, where you keep your journals or take notes on books, will be on the right side, and the netbook will be on the left.

Thousands of Books in under 3 Pounds

The enTourage eDGe™, at just under 3 pounds, is 8 1/4 by 10 3/4 by 1 inch, closed. You can easily carry thousands of books with the built-in 3 GB of usable memory. You can use an SD card or a USB flash drive to add to the storage, or move files to and from your MP3 player, your phone, your PC, even your camera.

Go Study (or Play) All Day

The enTourage eDGe™ was designed to let you go all day without recharging the battery. The lithium ion battery can last up to 16 hours of reading without recharging. One of the big advantages of the enTourage eDGe™ is that the battery can be replaced if it's ever necessary. And that lets you keep a spare on hand, if you want to have a backup for busy days.

Visit this link for more info on the enTourage eDGe

JimMariner

Dec 23, 2009
By Ross Miller
posted Oct 19th 2009
Engadget

entourage-edge-rm-eng.jpg

The once-nonexistent intersection of netbooks and e-readers seems to be populating quite hastily these days, first with this morning's questionable Spring Design Alex and now with the entourage eDGe. On the left side of this dual-screen, dual-function hybrid, where ePub and PDF files are said to open by default, we've got a 9.7-inch e-paper display with 16 shades of gray. On the right, a 10.1-inch, 1024 x 600 resolution screen with Android. Both sides are stylus-centric touchscreen -- scribbling and note-taking is encouraged here -- and other amenities include 3GB memory, 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth, SD slot, two USB ports, 3.5mm headphone jack, a Li-ion battery for up to six hours, and support for EVDO / HSDPA via external modem. No word on what processor's actually under the hood, but we won't get our hopes up for anything more than very casual browsing. The site just launched with pre-orders being accepted to the tune of $490, or $530 if you're wanting any color other than midnight blue, and will ship out February 2010. We also happened to stumble upon a PDF presentation from the company dated back to August 2009, if you feel so inclined to take a trip down memory lane.

freehethe

Feb 27, 2010
Price is a bit high I know. If price was not an issue, I don't see how any other tablet even compares. What are all your opinions of the Edge so far?

Duel Screen, E-Ink, and Android Platform! Awesome!

What I really want out of the e-reader is the ability to Highlight text, actually handwrite things in the margin like I would a real book... no other tablet does that, that I've seen.

Plus to have the internet on the other side for links and ect... awesome. like a computer!

The only thing that I'm holding off on is the Flash Component. The website I use the most is my business website www.sendoutcards.com/freehethe butit is completely flash based. I have to do appointments showing business people how to use it to send real handwritten greeting real cards by doing demos with them in person... If I could use this tablet I would no longer have to carry my laptop everywhere I go!!! Friggin' exciting.

I jumped on this forum to educate myself before I buy in the next 3-6 months. What do you think of E-Edge and compare it against what you like please.

Thanks!
-H