Greetings and a Request for Assistance

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Ok somewhat promising just plugged it my new build and pushed the power button, the driver window popped up and says "OMAP360" no driver found. Now I assume tis is a good thing cuz well at least my comp sees it. Right? There is currently no sd in the nc and the light indicates it is charging.

VERY GOOD. It means that the puppy isn't fried.

Now walk away from the PC and get a bootable uSD together and see if we can get the NC to boot. Cause once you have boot, you can get ADB running on one the 1000 pc's you have and then we can begin to actually recover your nook!

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Extracted to .tar. Should I rename to .img? Same as before keeps asking me to reformat after I write the image. ARGGGGGHHHH! WHat am I doing wrong!!!! BAck to my orig. The tar.gz I dled from you extracted w/ 7z and it was not a recognizable img file. rename or what.

Last edited:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Extracted to .tar. Should I rename to .img? Same as before keeps asking me to reformat after I write the image. ARGGGGGHHHH! WHat am I doing wrong!!!! BAck to my orig. The tar.gz I dled from you extracted w/ 7z and it was not a recognizable img file. rename or what.

No no no.... that is just a packaged zip. Try unpacking it with either WinRAR or Winzip. You should extract a file named "128mb_clockwork-0.7.img" and file will be 122,880 KB.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I have been unzipping(packing) with 7zip with leaves me not with a .IMG but with a much larger .TAR. I have been re-naming it .IMG and the running win32disk img. So I that is why I asked about the rename. Do I need to be using winzip, to I need to do something different with 7zip. I have yet to extract any of these packages into a readily identifiable .img. All of and .tar, or. tar.gz. Post unpack. I really don't want to sound like a jerk, but if you could walk me from" I just downloaded your file '128mb etc to my desktop and now I need to put that image on an sd card" as if I were a 5 yr old. Again I really am not trying to be a jerk but I have followed everyone's suggestions to the letter, I have scoured tons of forums on the recommendations of you guys and others and NADA. Come to think of it following the instructions for root/nookie to the letter is what got me here to begin with so I suppose that deserves a giggle.

I have not lost hope yet I just can't help that there is some key step that is being missed. Thanks LS

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
OK, we'll skip the unzip and go straight to this:

http://www.daverozelle.com/nook/128mb_clockwork-0.7.img

Download the actual .img file (it's 125ish megs but that should be a better start).

Try making a bootable sd with that.

It sounds like your entire issue might be just getting the .img file proper so that Win32DI can do it's thing. That bigger TAR file you have, extract THAT file and see if you get the img file. I think the gz is one level of compression and the the TAR is another. (Try this while the big file downloads in teh background.)

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i AM IN CLOCKWORK YOU FLIPPPIN ROCK! Now what I was unable to get the recovery on the sd but iam plugged into my pc and have the sdk so what now?

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Hey guys anyone out there. I have achieved a measure of success I don't mean to sound anxious but is there any one who can walk me through the ADB to get the recovery zip. Again to recap I am booted into CWR but I still am not quite sure what the next step is, and I certainly don't want to go back to square one.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
OK, we have confirmed that you can BOOT FROM SD.

This opens a ton of options for your next step. My suggestion would be to make sure you can connect via ADB. Let's make sure you have control optons.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Awesome. Once you have ADB running, you can do anything you want. The goal of what you're doing now is to take your Nook that is sitting on the CWR screen, plug it into the pc via USB and have your pc recognize it. Once you can verify that your device is connected, we move to the next step.

ps - Do you remember which software version you had? (1.0.0 or 1.0.1 or 1.1.0)

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Cool still running installs on the sdk. I had it just hadn't updated for nc stuff brb.