How to extend battery life

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
The title says it all... ,I read about an app that help u save but I forgot the name. Sure someone can help
Gloria

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
The title says it all... ,I read about an app that help u save but I forgot the name. Sure someone can help
Gloria
Not sure if it's the one you're looking for but 'setCPU' which is available on the Market allows you to create profiles that underclock the nook so it draws less power during times the nook is asleep or not needing much power.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank you Jp and Facemam, I recognize the name and I remember someone saying not to mess with the advanced setting unless you know what you r doing....I surely don’t but I will mess with it, with your help of course!
Life is not for the faint at heart!
gloria

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
And don't forget the backlight. It's wonderfully bright, but only needs to be at 100% on the beach. In typical indoor lighting, I find that 30-50% suffices. About 15% in dim lighting, and 5% when the lights off. Saves juice bigtime.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
:cool:Thank you to remind me...right now I turned it down completely....I want to get that app that gives one control of the light from the main screen. I did set.cpu following Rico insructions,thank you Rico, and I think today, doing exactly what I did yesterday, I'll get one more hour out of my battery and that is good!
Gloria

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
:cool:Thank you to remind me...right now I turned it down completely....I want to get that app that gives one control of the light from the main screen. I did set.cpu following Rico insructions,thank you Rico, and I think today, doing exactly what I did yesterday, I'll get one more hour out of my battery and that is good!
Gloria

If you did the SetCPU profiles and turn your screen brightness down, you will probably be pleasantly surprised with 4-5 more hours of use. :)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I did the setcpu thing yesterday and took it off charge when I left work at 4:00.. It's sitting at 51% charge right now, and I played with it all evening yesterday and didn't power it down overnight. Battery Left tells me that the total battery life is going to be 16:46.. Impressive!

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
I use Brightness Profiles. It has some built in profiles, but I created custom profiles for different lighting conditions, so I can quickly tap the best lighting for each situation. Usually quite low, but more than adequate. Last night, just before I went to sleep, I decided to check out 100% blacklight in a darkened room. OMG that is bright - I think I blew out half my rods and cones. I could have held an indoor lacrosse game in my room. Anyhow...

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
RaVeny.I must br still doing something wrong ..,with Cpu and brighrness widget that let me dim fast from main.screen ,I get. 5 hours of non-stop of internet surfing. You think is good,?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
RaVeny.I must br still doing something wrong ..,with Cpu and brighrness widget that let me dim fast from main.screen ,I get. 5 hours of non-stop of internet surfing. You think is good,?

How much junk do you have installed? I went through mine and smoked everything I had downloaded, ran once and forgotten about. That was quite a long list-o-junk.. Before that, the life was fairly brief, which is what prompted my interest in underclocking. Following Rico's screens and cleaning out the junk, I got almost 17 hours before I needed a recharge. That's pitiful compared to days, but pretty good compared to the 5-6 hours I was getting before.

I'm very interested in MMMichael's answer..