[HOW TO] Install ClockworkMod Recovery and Root

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Does anyone know if there is a way to flash a recovery on here using terminal emulater on the device?

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
My guess would be no, that is a Samsung file, I doubt it would know the recovery partition location.

No I mean in terminal emulater.
That is the command I use on my phones to flash a recovery.img from the root of the sd card.

Edit: I've also seen commands like this after doing a search.
You can see the last numbers are different so I would think it would be different for us if it was going to be possible.

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5

Or

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13

Last edited:

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
flash_image is a binary samsung file, other devices use it, but I doubt it would know where the lenovo recovery partition is.
give it a try if you want, I doubt it will work.

Look at my last post, I edited it. I don't know much about commands other then copy and paste.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Try flashimage gui here's the link from the evo 3 d xda forumshttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1192527 but use with caution

I have it already but didn't try it cause I'm pretty sure flashimage checks for your device.I tried a different app (recovery flasher) I pretty sure it flashes it the same way. So like vampire was saying I guess our device doesn't have flash image. I've been using that app since it came out cause joeykrimm was the creator of the recovery on my Samsung Moment.
I'm trying to figure this out so I can test that touch recovery I made using that cwm recovery builder cause I'm not near a computer with working fastboot.
This would also make it easier for a lot of people to change recoveries and faster.

Edit: The app recovery flasher said it worked when I flashed the recovery.img but the recovery didn't change.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I am not home but can make a script to flash recovery via terminal, tomorrow.
I did some work with Joey, on the moment, great guy, great dev.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I am not home but can make a script to flash recovery via terminal, tomorrow.
I did some work with Joey, on the moment, great guy, great dev.

That would be cool.
Have you seen the cwm recovery builder? Do you think it could make a working touch recovery? I used it last night but it was to late for me to try it and I wont have time today till later.
Yeah Joey was pretty cool. He pretty much got me into moding my phones.

shinjiw83

Mar 14, 2013
this is really helpful. i can properly flash the latest JB ROM after learning it. thanks. Try to download JB img but the link is invalid. Cannot properly get the file now.

Last edited:

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
this is really helpful. i can properly flash the latest JB ROM after learning it. thanks. Try to download JB img but the link is invalid. Cannot properly get the file now.

Which link isn't working?