Sep 24, 2010
DNJ -

Well said!

Cheers,
p

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

KitN

Dec 1, 2010
I've already checked out XDA-Devs and googled it. I don't want some random person who doesn't have an S7. I want to know what actual owners of S7 on this forum have done to root their S7 and the exact software they used.

P.S. I love tweaking. I will be underclocking, overclocking and tweaking my S7 to my liking. That's why I wanted to know. It's that simple.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Then cool. There are two primary paths used, UniversalAndroot and z4root, both from the market. There are other ways, but I recommend these two, and z4root of these.

Use Memory Booster, Battery Booster to improve performance, and Android System Info from Electric Sheep to benchmark the impact of your tweaks.

Be sure to share your experience and results!

Good luck,
p

elkin30

Nov 18, 2010
So I went onto the Huawei website just now, and there was a new kernel posted under the "Download" category on the s7's webpage.
IDEOS S7 - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

Im curious to install it since it was released yesterday according to Huawei. Does anyone know what it is or what it updates? thanks.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
It is the device kernel. Razor is already working with it, has compiled a minimal ROM I believe. We are hoping for a custom ROM soon.

razor950

Nov 25, 2010
I haven't compiled a rom yet, its only been kernel compiled and repackaged boot.img

I was considering a rom but I really wanna get recovery working first.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Ok, we will wait.....

Just remember, unless there is a stealth chef out there, there is a nice chunk of change waiting in the bounty.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
While I am more confident of the firmware update with this new update from Peter, I believe that pushing Huawei for a more public announcement on this eases any concerns that we have regarding this.

:)

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
While I can understand Huawei not wanting to commit until such an update is more certain, I do think that such a commitment would improve their sales of the tablet. Although manufactures may hope that tablets eventually become an appliance-like commodity where the operating system does not matter, they aren't viewed that way yet. Most sales now are certainly to first adopters who are very tech savy, and who are concerned about having the latest software available on the tablet. I think that knowing that newer versions of the Android OS were going to be made available and that Huawei is making a commitment to the tablet would help sales.

burgerman

Dec 9, 2010
Then cool. There are two primary paths used, UniversalAndroot and z4root, both from the market. There are other ways, but I recommend these two, and z4root of these.

I can't find these anywhere. Not in the Market or download online

PLEASE HELP!!!

PS I just got my S7 and I want to overclock as well as find a good way to use the Phone in the US. Any help, ideas, recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.

STi

Sep 2, 2010
I used superoneclick for my galaxy tab but you need to use a pc..z4root you can do from your phone but it's not in market anymore..you can also use one click lag fix 2.0 that has z4root built in..also not in market but I can send it to ya...email me [email protected]

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Android Tablet Forum App

STi

Sep 2, 2010
I'll give ya this circle battery too..It'S an .apk file noneed to flash.
SC20101209-024435.png

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Tab

Dec 5, 2010
I rooted my tablet and now I want to factory reset is there a way to do this?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

Status
Not open for further replies.