List of 1.1 ROMs for Viewsonic G-Tablet

nycbjr

Mar 12, 2011
reply to rico

I just installed it, so far its nice, I really liked the G-Harmony Gingerbread, (the icons in the preferences, and hte flip up animations esp) but voice search kept force quiting, so I'm trying out UD now, let you know how it goes!

daviator

Apr 22, 2011
I really appreciate this post however the download link for the ClockwordMod doesn't seem to work. It takes me to the Mediafire site and says "Processing downlaod request.." but then it refreshes the page and starts all over again. It's in an endless loop and I cannot download the file.

Are there any other ways to get the file?

Androo

Feb 9, 2011
I have a quick question, I installed TnT Lite 2.2 a couple of weeks ago and noticed there are versions going up to 4.4.0. If I wanted 4.4.0, would that mean I have to reinstall the ROM or is there a way I can update it? And I'm curious on how the other ROMs look, any suggestions for a good one? Or should I do TnT Lite 4.4.0? I was looking at the Vegan ROM and it looks interesting enough.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I have a quick question, I installed TnT Lite 2.2 a couple of weeks ago and noticed there are versions going up to 4.4.0. If I wanted 4.4.0, would that mean I have to reinstall the ROM or is there a way I can update it? And I'm curious on how the other ROMs look, any suggestions for a good one? Or should I do TnT Lite 4.4.0? I was looking at the Vegan ROM and it looks interesting enough.

There are no "upgrades" for ROMs. You must reflash to use the newer version.

voyageurs60

Dec 27, 2010
If you do not have an account with MediaFire you have to wait for the download - seem to recall it was almost a minute before the link to download appeared... you may be refreshing to fast and restarting the wait period... if not - I'm clueless, worked for me...

astevens54

Dec 3, 2010
Well, I've tried several different ROM's and ended up going back to reobeet's TnT 5.01. It seems to work the best for me and video running great on it.

bigblue206

Dec 2, 2010
I am running Vegantab Ginger Edition and it has been very nice so far. I had to flash it twice to get it to stick but it has been running smooth with no problems for about a week now. I was running TNT 4.2 prior to that and this seems to be much faster and I like the presentation better as well.

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
I started with cm7 and then went to the vegan gb rom, buthave not been abow to get cwm back on. how would I go back to cm7which I think is now cm8. it is an accessory thing. any help will be greatly appreciated.

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Can anyone please help, They say I need the format zip file to go with the vegan cm7
I can not find the link, Please if anyone out there can help I need it I have a viewsonic g tablet
(pulling my hair out }
Thanking all in advance
Jaye

Last edited:

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Can anyone please help, They say I need the format zip file to go with the vegan cm7
I can not find the link, Please if anyone out there can help I need it I have a viewsonic g tablet
(pulling my hair out }
Thanking all in advance
Jaye

Who is "They"? Please fully explain your problem and what you have done so far.

OregonJim

Apr 4, 2011
Hi folks. Got clockwork installed, but when I tried to flash Vegan-GE-7.0-RC1 I get stuck at the Viewsonic birdies. Tried to do it twice, waited 15 - 20 minutes, but no dice. Any suggestions?

P_Town

Jun 8, 2011
Just ordered a G Tab as a surprise for my wife...couldn't pass it up for $250 when I was about to buy the Xoom for over twice that!

I plan on charging it up, connecting to my wifi and letting Viewsonic update it, as long as that doesn't cause me any problems with wanting to re-flash with one of these other ROMS. Will it? Also, is there anything on the stock machine that I should copy/save to my PC in case of a catastrophic **** up on my part later on down the line (this is my first tablet and first experience with these types of devices... just been a PC person and have modded a Wii and XBox but want to learn!).

Thanks for all of the info,

P