Market on 2.2 Sylvania/Disco - Work In Progress

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Could it be the permission settings? What do the permissions on the build.prop suppose to be? And its location is in system\ right?

/system/build.prop

Permissions: rw-r--r-- or 644
Properties: User - root Group - root

Code:
$su
# cd system

#chmod 644 build.prop

#chown root.root build.prop

Cindigirl

Mar 7, 2011
Problem I am having now is I installed my paid account info (billing) and have tried to rest the "false" setting to "true" but the file seems to get re-written after I start Market back to "false" What should I do?

SWC

May 21, 2011
/system/build.prop

Permissions: rw-r--r-- or 644
Properties: User - root Group - root

Code:
$su
# cd system

#chmod 644 build.prop

#chown root.root build.prop

I set the permissions to 644. No idea what the problem is. can not get market to load still. It just shows a white screen then back to where I was when I try and run it.

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
Problem I am having now is I installed my paid account info (billing) and have tried to rest the "false" setting to "true" but the file seems to get re-written after I start Market back to "false" What should I do?
This part is where it gets tricky, you have to set the gsm sim carrier to tmobile, kinda like using market enabler..... I couldnt get market enabler to work so ended up setting this through terminal. Check this thread out, courtesy of cfrockit.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7936641&postcount=729 thatll help you out :) btw, so far all ive been able to get is the paid apps tab to appear. No paid apps actually show though, except previously purchased apps which only show up in the downloads section. Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Excuse me? but... i manage to download the market file, but whenever i try to download the second file ( http://db.tt/xZbIjGa) a weird script appears and nothing happens to download... or is it this kind of script that you have to copy to nto /data/data/com.android.vending/shared_prefs...... pls could you upload it again??

Thanks again

Regards

JV90

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
You copy the script to the /data/data/com.android.vending/shared_prefs folder. Dont try to open/run it....

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Ok, i did what you mentioned, but i cant find the shared_prefs folder on .com android vending folder, if you open the next ones are an empty folder and lib(wich is also empty), any hints on this???

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
Open your market, and let it fully load up. It will create the files as it loads. Then paste that file. Then cleat market cache and force stop. Clear google service frameworks data, then force stop. Reboot your tab and then voila, you have a working market :)

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
ok, i know it would be a silly question but? how can i copy the new vending into the shared_pref folder??

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
Sorry it took so long to respond, the .xml file you downloaded you use a file manager to paste into the proper folder :)

pr83

Apr 3, 2011
I have got the market installed and am able to download apps, however it does not seem to be auto-updating to the new market (green title bar), I still have the older market with the grey title bar. Is this purely cosmetic or will some apps not show up? I'm searching for the BBC iplayer app (I live in the UK) but it isn't showing up. It's not a paid app.

Am I able to manually update it somehow or should it be auto updating?

Thanks

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
the problem is you are in the uk. The vending prefs.xml file you used is for the us market. Download custom locale, or try market enabler, one of those 2 apps should be able to get the uk market aps to show for you.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Still cant install the new vending.apk (it transform the .xml file to an .apk file) on the share_pref folder; it seems..... strange to install it