Mid7015 roms

Dec 22, 2010
There is gonna be a ton of these Coby 7015's out after Christmas and hopefully there are some nice roms to come out by all the skilled Androiders out there. I can try to keep up with this thread and update with the newest rom links on the first page and such. I'm pretty experienced with android and have helped a lot of people root and load custom roms on phones and will try to help out as much as i can with simple questions. This is a pretty sweet little tablet for the price and am excited to see what comes out the next few months. ANDROID 2.2 AND FLASH PLEASE...LOL

A WORKING CUSTOM ROM??? I DON'T KNOW!
http://apad.gen-x.co.nz/

A WORKING BUT BUGGY FROYO ROM
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=868842

Last edited:

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
It would be great if this unit gets tweaked out like that.... but I wonder if, with the newer/faster/better tabs that will be hitting in 2011 if slowish tabs like the Coby will become forgotten with the hacking community. I've bought 3 of these for our 3 kids so they can keep their hands off our Droid X and Droid incredible phones. I've got mine rooted and market hack installed, but will there ever be a true 2.2 w flash for them? I kinda doubt it. One can hope though.

Last edited:

kookahdoo

Dec 23, 2010
I'm not too concerned with custom ROMs as I am with overclocking. Getting the speed up would be tremendous. I have gapps and CW loaded up. I flashed CM 6.1, but the lack of video playback made me go back.

sable

Dec 11, 2010
teegunn I've tried overclocking.... no luck. Is there an app that will actually OC this thing?

im using setcpu it feels snappier when i put it in performance,
dont know if that counts as overcloking

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Overclock requires a custom kernel, but since kernel sources are not available we cannot overclock any Telechips TCC8902 devices (such as the Coby Kyros)

Setting to performance changes how the CPU frequency scales up and down according to system load. So this effectively does make your device faster at the cost of increased battery life.

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
Thanks for that info, Sable and Xaueious. Gonna load setCPU on one of my kids units now....

Dp69_2001

Oct 13, 2012
I realize that this thread is older than life itself...

My sister just got ripped off on a used one of these, anyone ever find a rom that makes it very usable? I was able to get it rooted, and the android market. But, now that everything has gone google play I can't find a single thing on the market, and the browser throws up security certificate issues and crashes every time I try to do anything. Any help would be appreciated as we're kind of stuck with a paperweight at the moment.

I'd love to package up my phone and dump it on there, because cyanogen's(sp?) roms have been pretty good to me.