My take on the G-Tablet

astevens54

Dec 3, 2010
I bought 2 one for myself and one for my wife. Out of the box was terrible, but after updating the OS it was MUCH better. The gMarket has a long way to go, it's frustrating to find apps that you may have on your phone and you cannot access the Android Market. I think a lot of this is due to the lack of telephone capability. I have been spending a lot of time over at xda-developers since most of us are in the same boat here. I am tempted to installed TnT Lite once I feel comfortable with that process. The stock OS after update is not that bad, but from what I have seen, it would be much better with TnT Lite. The one thing holding me back is the release of Gingerbread and if it will be released to the g-Tab. I'm pretty much in information seeking mode right now.

dnjpowell

Nov 7, 2010
I kept the stock OS on mine for maybe 3 weeks and gave up. I used xda info to flash tnt & haven't regretted it! Yes I was hesitant being new to it all, but I was tired of the force closing all the time & it seemed sluggish browsing internet. It really made huge difference. I plan on trying a few ROMs eventually but am content so far. I'm still learning about my tablet as a whole but am very happy with my early Christmas present too! I hope you both enjoy yours!

astevens54

Dec 3, 2010
Thanks, I am enjoying it. The update helped. I am using Skyfire for my browser which is pretty quick.

knokstudios

Dec 28, 2010
I have a gtab and I rooted it the day I got it. I started with tnt lite and installed adw ex for my launcher. Its was very nice, ran smooth, but wasnt the best . I was very tempted to try out other roms. So i decided to try out veganab beta4 . I LOVE it. It works amazingly smooth and has the lockscreen on it which is awesome. Its very stable and the market fix works with it also. And i truely reccomend using xscope for your browser. And i am still using adw ex launcherz mainly because you can make your tiles on your homescreen 10x10. Thats all i have really done with the tablet and i have very few problems so far. But i still cant wait for honeycomb.

astevens54

Dec 3, 2010
I have a gtab and I rooted it the day I got it. I started with tnt lite and installed adw ex for my launcher. Its was very nice, ran smooth, but wasnt the best . I was very tempted to try out other roms. So i decided to try out veganab beta4 . I LOVE it. It works amazingly smooth and has the lockscreen on it which is awesome. Its very stable and the market fix works with it also. And i truely reccomend using xscope for your browser. And i am still using adw ex launcherz mainly because you can make your tiles on your homescreen 10x10. Thats all i have really done with the tablet and i have very few problems so far. But i still cant wait for honeycomb.

Thanks, I am DLing now. Where did you find directions for the install?

agsill

Jan 17, 2011
So, I was able to get the updates pushed by veiwsonic - then rooted my tablet.

Then I flashed TNT lite thinking it would fix the browser and speed issues -IT DOESNT

After going back to the old os -I went to the viewsonic site and found favorites under gtablet.

By downloading their recommended Adobe Flash (not the most recent version, but one they know works 10.1 something) I have had no further issues! fast speeds, great flash video, and I still have my pretty home screen =)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Office Depot has them on sale @ $370. Then you have a place to go if you have a problem.

juncman

Apr 28, 2011
I just got a G-tab from amazon.com for 299.00 + 5.00 shipping. Office depot has them for 299.00 here in LA, CA. I like it and just rooted and installed TNT lite 4.3, works good. I would like to re-attache the old Tap n Tap (dare I say it), because after the newest update it was not that bad. Side loaded a bunch of stuff and it all worked well, some crashes and forced closes, but all in all it was not that bad. Can't wait for there to be tablet specific apps so the apps will look good. some do and some don't.. that is about the only drawback I see with this and all android devices (right now). For the price this is a great tablet.

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
I didn't see the latest update. I bought mine about a month ago, and without this site, I would have returned it. Running CM7 and I'm really happy with it.

I wish we'd see more apps for tablets. Most of the programs I've downloaded work and look ok, but there is usually a lot of wasted space.