New version of ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.5

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Ok CWR now installed. I need to install busybox, yes I know it come with auto-nooter but remember I'm doing everything manually. Anyway, installed smoothly, booted into recovery with an issue and backed up completed. The only files I'm missing is recovery.img. Here are a few pics:

ROM manager installed and asking for SU permission
c2d4628c.png

ROM manager menu, flashed clockwork recovery
bedd3e4d.png

ClockworkMod Recovery successfully installed
aa5ab532.png

Rebooted to recovery
IMAG0211.jpg

Close up of home menu in CWR
IMAG0219.jpg

Backup and Restore menu in CWR
IMAG0214.jpg

Nandroid backup started
IMAG0215.jpg

Close up of backup in progress
IMAG0216.jpg

Backup complete, back to CWR home menu
IMAG0218.jpg

Booted NC: viewing end result after backup, using ES file explorer, missing only recovery.img file
4ac7ca13.png

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
Great, I've got the picture! I think your typical noob will need a little more hand-holding, but I'm not a typical noob. Hope my prodding didn't piss you off...I know my wife has almost killed me a few times for having such a thick skull. :eek:

Think I'll go see if I can get a new unit today!

-Matt

here's a video i found on youtube of someone using cw on the nc...i forgot about sprecovery a while back

Last edited by a moderator:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
*edited my original wording below (I need to learn to read before posting)

I use clockwork and rom manager on my droid 1 all the time. If it works like it does on the d1 it can be a useful tool. I use clockwork on d1 to backup, restore, wipe battery stats, and install custom roms so it would be awesome if these things worked on nook! Gonna give it a try later.

Sent from my Droid

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Booting Into ClockWorkMod Recovery

Short video on how and which buttons to press to boot into recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dizmatic

Dec 17, 2010
rico2001,

Every time I try to boot in recovery or install from rom manager my Nook Color reboots and says install fail. I am trying to install the 950 overclock. Is there something else I need to do? I have rom manager with ClockwordMod 3.0.0.5. Thanks for your help.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
rico2001,

Every time I try to boot in recovery or install from rom manager my Nook Color reboots and says install fail. I am trying to install the 950 overclock. Is there something else I need to do? I have rom manager with ClockwordMod 3.0.0.5. Thanks for your help.

More info please:
-Did rom manager install properly?
-Do you have busybox installed?
-Did CWR install correctly?
-Is the zip for CWR on root of you sd card?
-Are you able to get into CWR?
-If so, did you perform a backup to your sd card.

Before trying to flash anything in CWR, lets establish you CWR is working properly.

Dizmatic

Dec 17, 2010
Thanks rico2001. I didn't have it in root. I flashed everything again and now I am at 950 mhz. Thanks for the list of questions, it helped alot.