NowSupplier

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
skycop51 - I'm strongly considering the Wits A81G, however it sounds as if the wits tablets have been very glitchy. Right now at the top of my list is the Herotab MID816 carried by merrimobiles. Of course it has yet to be released, so it will also be a gamble. It seems it's pretty hard to find a tablet running 2.2 and that can run Flash 10.1 at this time. Very few tablets that actually can do this as of now and the ones that can are either quite expensive or less expensive and glitchy. Since I'm buying for two 10 yr old girls, I don't want to drop a ton of $ into the units.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Very true xaueious... it does *NOT* run flash. This isn't a deal breaker for me, as I can easily run SkyFire... which I've had a lot of experience with my on Windows Phone. I was assured the MarketPlace was accessible, and won't be any problems with downloading and install apps.

NowSupplier said the tablet was upgraded to Android 2.2.

It's been 8 days since shippped from China to California, U.S.A... still not here yet. Although just got through the Thanksgiving holiday. Hopefully it will be here this week. I am excited about reviewing this product. If it's bad... i'll buy another tablet, and just sell this on eBay for the same price I bought it for. I don't care about making money on it... I love tech toys :)

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
For a flash tablet.. I was thinking about this one - Android 2.2 OS Tablet 8 Inch with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Chip, support Flash Player 10,512M RAM - US$ 184.00. Of course it all depends on the quality and durability of the first one I bought from them. If poor... i'll go else where.

Nowsupplier

Oct 7, 2010
This Android tablet--Ereader Books Android 2.2 Tablet runs Android 2.2 OS, while Flash doesn't work due to a defect of motherboard. Well, this issue can't be figured out by using Skyfire when you surf on YouTube.
The manufacturer already realized this situation and this problem would no bother any more on next version.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
NowSupplier: No worry about YouTube on Skyfire... can easily just install the YouTube App.

This is my *first* tablet that I have purchased. I'm not expecting a miracle... just an entry level table to mess around with. If i'm happy, i'm sure i'll buy another from you... and i'm sure people are awaiting my review :)

I do have a tech background, so i'll be rooting this little guy.. and hacking the crap out of it... i'm sure I won't have too many issues.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Welp... day 11 now... still no tablet. I've purchased quite a few items from China and they usually get here 5-7 days. Monday will be day 13...hmm... Also a few days since NowSupplier has contacted me back. I requested a tracking number for the order....

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
unfortunately it could go either way at this point but since you are from California I would have guessed you would have gotten it by now. Keep us updated.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
yep... me to. Ill keep everyone posted when it comes in =]

Sent from my DROID2 using Android Tablet Forum App

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
Isn't there someone that works for nowsupplier on this forum? Have you asked them?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Yep... I was in contact with NowSupplier on this forum a few days ago, and then communication stopped. As well as Email contact with [email protected].

Maybe i'm paranoid, but from everyone I talked to... 13 days to receive an item from China to California is in fact a long time. I'll wait for Monday and give an update.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
he had posted in another thread how these types of questions are typically done by customer service via email. However you said you emailed them so there goes that excuse. Then he mentioned a time lag...but you haven't heard from them in 3 days so that one is busted also.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
NowSupplier did get in touch with me this morning. They said they are a bit lagged on shipping, due to the holidays (I did order just before Thanksgiving). The tablet should be here within the next few days, I was told.

I'll stop acting so impatient, and wait for the tablet. My first table, i'm excited.. you know how that goes. A new toy.. :)

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
I know exactly what you mean as I am the same way. I am waiting for mine to come in also

I am glad nowsupplier got in contact with you and seemed to have given a straightforward answer

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
mgr52: Are you going to take some pictures, video, or write a little review on your tablet? BTW.. what tablet is it again? I'm all geeked on this stuff, and I have to admit.. the last two weeks.. i've probably watched every single review on youtube in regards to tablets.. lol