NowSupplier

Oct 11, 2010
I browse the net and found that *************** is a scam. Is this true? I saw their items and would like to buy stuff from there but a bit worried now when I see the info.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Last Tuesday I laid down $168.00 on a 8" Android 2.2 tablet from ***************. If it fails to meet my expectations, i'll give to a friend and buy something else... but.. what do you think of this device?

Android 2.2 (This doe snot run flash)
aPad 8" 800mHZ (RK2818) OS
256MB ram
2GB storage
800×600 Resolution
1.3 M pixel camera
Built-in (support WCDMA/EVDO)(optional) NEED MOQ 500PCS
VGA support
E-book:support E-book,3D Turning pages function

So for $168 is this a good deal? If it can't run flash... i'll have to get another one which will be a bit of a disappointment. As I said I ordered this Tuesday, and hopefully it will be here by this Tuesday.

Summary (appended by xaueious, Jan 19 2011)
Nowsupplier currently has various issues, including:
* listing wrong product specifications and descriptions on many of their products, occasionally blaming the manufacturing for misleading them instead
* slow delivery on some items (not entirely their fault)
* some items defective or dead on delivery
* selectively ignoring customer requests
* lack of English skills leading to miscommunication
* slow to respond

Despite this, Nowsupplier:
* has resolved order issues with at least a few of the members here
* if you know the product you are looking for before you make your order and do not rely on their descriptions, it may not be as problematic
* offers competitive pricing on a variety of products

Last edited:

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
android 2.2 (froyo) can run flash 10.1 I believe so if it is actually 2.2 you will be fine. Seems like a nice tablet at a nice price

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
@mgr52: I sure hope so... i'll give a nice long review once I get it :)

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Unfortunately it does not, but this won't be a deal breaker for me. This will be my first tablet, so there will be room to eventually sell this and move my way up.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
the interesting aspect of it is that I assume it has VGA port since it says VGA support. Not many out there with VGA ports.

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
Sounds intriguing. I look forward to hearing your feedback and review on the unit. Specifically if it can handle true flash sites well, if the android market works and how well the touch screen is.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
hey guys:

I'll definitely post a very in-depth review with pictures, and possibly some video. I love this website and have learned a lot, and I love to be able to give back. I should be receiving the tablet very soon. I also bought a cheap $85.00 tablet Android 2.0.. and will review that also.

Down side is i've contacted [email protected], three times in the last three days and have yet to receive a reply yet... i'll msg them on here.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The specs actually look wrong. This platform, the Rockchip RK2818, only supports Android 2.1, and is not powerful enough to run Adobe Flash.
Not sure about VGA. Haven't looked into this in detail yet.

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
^^^^ Thanks for that info, xaueious. If this is true, I am glad I haven't pulled the trigger and purchased this unit yet. In fact, I am purchasing TWO units for our girls 10 yr old girls. The tablet must be able to run Flash (2.2 with 10.1 flash capability) to play sites like Webkinz. Also need to be able to play popular games like Angry Birds so my kids don't keep taking my Droid X. I will be keeping a close on on what the real deal is with this particular tablet.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
you can play angry birds with 2.1. Maybe xaueious can shed some light on this chip as to whether or not it can handle games and what not

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
I have been informed that the RK 2818 2.2 ereader will not work with Flash. That crosses it off my list. I'll have to look for a different tablet that has 2.2 and can run Flash 10.1.