[ROM] Custom ROM for Coby Kyros 7042 - Rooted, Deodexed, Google Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosneb

Sep 8, 2012
I have this same issue. I'm able to flash it back to the factory ROM without issue, so I know it's not because I'm using a laptop with Windows 7 64bit to run Livesuit.

Coby Kyros mid7042
Windows 7 64bit
Livesuit 1.7

Any ideas?
@downslide how can you flash back to the factory rom? need help.

topuza

Sep 9, 2012
I have rooted my 7042 but after a while it start restarting the device. I make hard reset but the problem is the same. Before upgrading to this rom i don't have that problem. How to restore original stock rom ?

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
topuza said:
I have rooted my 7042 but after a while it start restarting the device. I make hard reset but the problem is the same. Before upgrading to this rom i don't have that problem. How to restore original stock rom ?

I have run this rom quite a while in it is in fact more stable then the stock, in my opinion. I would reccommend doing a fresh install of it, but if you would like to reflash the stock then luckly Steevs got your back, as well as us all even though he doesnt even own one. Here is the stock link

Link removed.

From what I read some people have touchscreen issues when the flash this, which may mean this rom won't work with goodix versions of this tablet. If for some reason your touchscreen doesnt work, you can always refalsh steevs rom which has compatibility with both versions.

Last edited by a moderator:

topuza

Sep 9, 2012
I have run this rom quite a while in it is in fact more stable then the stock, in my opinion. I would reccommend doing a fresh install of it, but if you would like to reflash the stock then luckly Steevs got your back, as well as us all even though he doesnt even own one. Here is the stock link

Link removed.

From what I read some people have touchscreen issues when the flash this, which may mean this rom won't work with goodix versions of this tablet. If for some reason your touchscreen doesnt work, you can always refalsh steevs rom which has compatibility with both versions.

Thank you for the quick answer. Tomorow i will try to restore it.

Last edited by a moderator:

relixus

Sep 26, 2012
ok i have tried the instructions but after i connected my device and finish the wizard installation for the device livesuit is not responding. I am running windows xp and my device is coby kyros mid 7042. please somebody help me, i really want google play for my tablet.

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
topuza said:
Thank you for the quick answer. Tomorow i will try to restore it.

if that link is dead there is a a copy of the stock rom on this forum as well. It will be in the thread about 7042 rom dumps.

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
relixus said:
ok i have tried the instructions but after i connected my device and finish the wizard installation for the device livesuit is not responding. I am running windows xp and my device is coby kyros mid 7042. please somebody help me, i really want google play for my tablet.

make sure you have the drivers installed for windows installed properly

frog210

Sep 23, 2012
This thread was very helpful and easy
this was my first time rooting a tablet
but was pretty straight forward i have a Coby mid7042-4 worked no problem
Just got it in the mail yesterday and rooted it the same day
i was pretty scared but it worked
i forgot to make a copy of my stock img, but everything is working fine
/One thing that did scare me was when it was done with livesuite it said install successfu
/it turned off screen came on with the battery charging icon then turned off
it left it for 10 mins nothing i gave it another 5 still nothing(said in the post that it would restart in 5-10mins, but it didnt)
press the on button and it stayed on android, held the power to turn it off, then pressed the power button and everything worked :)
google play youtube video music works
i recommend to turn off googles suggestion or it wont let you type anything in the google search box
9/27/12
for some reason my video applications werent working like youtube or personal videos
would just show a black or lines but could hear the video, just power it off and power it on and fixed it

thefran

Sep 29, 2012
So, I've tried doing everything according to the instructions.

i pressed Vol key & repeatedly Power key.

no matter how much did i do that, neither the device nor livesuit reacted in any way.

i successfully entered upgrade mode on the device by just holding the vol + power down. livesuit did not react to this at all.

i run win7 64, appropriate livesuit version, compatibility mode.

thoughts?

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
frog210 said:
This thread was very helpful and easy
this was my first time rooting a tablet
but was pretty straight forward i have a Coby mid7042-4 worked no problem
Just got it in the mail yesterday and rooted it the same day
i was pretty scared but it worked
i forgot to make a copy of my stock img, but everything is working fine
/One thing that did scare me was when it was done with livesuite it said install successfu
/it turned off screen came on with the battery charging icon then turned off
it left it for 10 mins nothing i gave it another 5 still nothing(said in the post that it would restart in 5-10mins, but it didnt)
press the on button and it stayed on android, held the power to turn it off, then pressed the power button and everything worked :)
google play youtube video music works
i recommend to turn off googles suggestion or it wont let you type anything in the google search box
9/27/12
for some reason my video applications werent working like youtube or personal videos
would just show a black or lines but could hear the video, just power it off and power it on and fixed it

If u want to get deeper into it you can setup ADB. Then you can follow a thread in this forums instructions and install recovery for your device. From there, you can install an updated Gapps package upon whch google suggestions will work, and plus you can try some of the other roms for your allwinner device. I reccomend CM9.

relixus

Sep 26, 2012
make sure you have the drivers installed for windows installed properly

im sorry but i am really new to this. what drivers do i need? drivers for coby kyros on my win xp? i tried googling coby kyros mid 7042 drivers but i did not find anything. thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.