[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro6128

Dec 11, 2010
Running 5.1 and loving it so far. I was wondering, I have always used Borders, have the yearly membership with extra discounts. For some reason (probably the app) the app crashes every time I try to open it. I can download the PC version to buy and read books on my pc. If I use this pc version, and buy ebooks on my computer will I be able to copy them to my nook somehow?

I just downloaded the borders app to see if i could help. Heres a fix for you. After you download the app, go into rom manager and select "Fix permissions". Let it go through everything, then when it says its done and that you should reboot, go into lcd density and reboot from there (I did this that way I wouldnt have to reboot again to then have to fix the lcd density, if you're not using a different density don't bother). Once you reboot the app will work.

arrjaytea

Mar 8, 2011
As mentioned above, Phiremod 5.1 works just fine with WPA networks. In addition, I wasn't able to connect to my work WiFi networks with UD, but phiremod ROM works just fine with them. So, onto Phiremod it is for me :D

I've had precisely the opposite problem. Phiremod 5.1 wouldn't connect for any length of time what-so-ever to my router, UD grabbed it right away.

*shrug*

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
I just downloaded the borders app to see if i could help. Heres a fix for you. After you download the app, go into rom manager and select "Fix permissions". Let it go through everything, then when it says its done and that you should reboot, go into lcd density and reboot from there (I did this that way I wouldnt have to reboot again to then have to fix the lcd density, if you're not using a different density don't bother). Once you reboot the app will work.

Thanks, I will try This when I get home

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
I've had precisely the opposite problem. Phiremod 5.1 wouldn't connect for any length of time what-so-ever to my router, UD grabbed it right away.

*shrug*

I had no problems with either ROM connecting to my home network (WPA2 protected) or any other open, public networks (e.g., Starbucks, Panera, etc). However, for some reason, UD was not able to connect to my work WiFi network whereas Phiremod did it without any hassles. For everything that I do, which luckily don't include the shortcomings of this ROM, Phiremod seems to be perfect at the moment.

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011

I just tried this and it didn't work for me. Do you think I need to change the lcd density to what it was when it was installed? What is that? I changed it trying to get the icons to a size I like.

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
My nook at 5.1 seems to to run the battery down pretty fast. I can maybe get 4 hours out of it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

fabolousrmx

Mar 4, 2011
Im having a similar experience. I think that's what were gonna get until power conservation becomes a priority in later builds.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Make sure you are not using SetCPU with phiremod 5.1 and that you use the built-in settings to adjust the speed. Using SetCPU may cause the processor to run full speed all the time and cause significant battery drain.

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Make sure you are not using SetCPU with phiremod 5.1 and that you use the built-in settings to adjust the speed. Using SetCPU may cause the processor to run full speed all the time and cause significant battery drain.

I uninstalled mine the first day. What, I know where, settings should I be using. I have 300 MHz and 925MHz and set on boot is that right? I notice that some people are saying 1100?? not sure that's the right number. Do I get that from loading adw settings that was on the sd install card with the 5.1?

Oh and I still can't get the Borders app to work. It still FC's on me. Guess i will give up on it.

oldweasel

Mar 22, 2011
I uninstalled mine the first day. What, I know where, settings should I be using. I have 300 MHz and 925MHz and set on boot is that right? I notice that some people are saying 1100?? not sure that's the right number. Do I get that from loading adw settings that was on the sd install card with the 5.1?

Oh and I still can't get the Borders app to work. It still FC's on me. Guess i will give up on it.

Under the applications menu where is the Borders app stored?

There are a number of apps that will only run correctly when on the device, not the SD card, might be worth a look.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
The battery on my NC was draining very fast with UD after installing SetCPU. Even though I uninstalled SetCPU, it didn't make that much difference. Prior to that, UD was fine... Since I installed phiremod 5.1, I haven't touched SetCPU and my battery life is just fine (6+ hours).

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
I know this issue has been discussed previously, but someone might benefit from this. I love 5.1 but my 60 year old eyes have struggled with the LCD density setting of 161. I experimented a bit and have settled on 181 as a new setting, and i followed the directions in the XDA post below using Root Explorer to edit the build.prop file to make this permanent. Everything is much clearer now, including fonts and text, and hotlinks and buttons are also easier for my fingers to land on the right place. The greatest thing about this change of 20 points was that I didn't have to change any screen layouts. Everything is still in place, just a bit larger. I'm using Launcher Pro with Homescreen preferences set at 5 columns by 10 rows. Neat and I can see it clearly!! Hope this helps someone with aging eyes like mine.:)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12239054&highlight=change+lcd#post12239054

Last edited:

Verynew

Mar 25, 2011
Hi,

I search, but I cannot find this answer. My os is Vista 64bit, can I use the Win32DiskImage to burn the rom or I need to find one that compatable with 64 OS? Thank you for your help.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi,

I search, but I cannot find this answer. My os is Vista 64bit, can I use the Win32DiskImage to burn the rom or I need to find one that compatable with 64 OS? Thank you for your help.

You don't need a 64 bit edition, 32 is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.