[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

breebauer

Dec 6, 2010
I had that error too, when I tried a different rom.
I went back to 'flash clockwork recovery' and picked 'nook color' and then it worked.
Hope that helps...

Last edited:

breebauer

Dec 6, 2010
I was trying to install v5.1 tonight, and I may have made a mistake. I accidentally used Clockworkmod Recovery for nook color (old) instead of just "nook color" and I'm stuck in Clockwork Recovery screen and it won't let me install the phiremod. I already formatted System and Data and when I try to Install zip from sdcard I get the following error:
Code:
"assert failed: getprop("ro.product/device") == "encore" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "encore" || getprop("ro.product.board") ++ "encore"
E:Error in /sdcard/phiremod-nook-v5.1.zip
(status 7)

I just don't know what to do. Thanks in advance.

See post above- (didn't realize the quote didn't work)

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
Tried Vplayer and finally it gets the job done !
Videos play without problems . ;)

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
Vplayer was ok in its default mode on my mp4. In this mode it had micro block in action parts. But when you set the quality to the highest the video improved but its sound was way off. The slider was hard to use also. I went back to yxplayer Neon.

Are you guys using the Neon versions of the player when available, since the neon is specific to our processor.

randomizzer

Mar 4, 2011
Well I had been running just a rooted nook, but with the update coming I didn't want to loose all the extras that rooting provided so I looked for the best ROM. Thanks to everyone for the work and guidance of this thread I am now successfully running 5.1. To me it seems really nice and seems to be running well. I like the added speed from overclocking. I haven't had to do anything with flash yet, but it has only been 24 hours.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Vplayer was ok in its default mode on my mp4. In this mode it had micro block in action parts. But when you set the quality to the highest the video improved but its sound was way off. The slider was hard to use also. I went back to yxplayer Neon.

Are you guys using the Neon versions of the player when available, since the neon is specific to our processor.
I didnt change anything to the settings and first tried normal avi and then 720p trailer.
Normal avi played just fine both in sound and video. :)
The 720 trailer had a minor lag in video.But for sure no comparison with the lag with previous players. ;) Ofcourse I didnt try to test full movie in 720, which probably would cause much more lag cause of the heavy file.But I wouldnt plan to watch such kind of movie at NC anyway.

rainser

Mar 28, 2011
With this ROM I am able to tune up the frequency to 925MHz under Cynagenmod settings. Does anybody know how to make it run even faster? I read in other threads CM7 ROMs run at 1.1G/1.2G speed. BTW this ROM is great! Thanks!

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
With this ROM I am able to tune up the frequency to 925MHz under Cynagenmod settings. Does anybody know how to make it run even faster? I read in other threads CM7 ROMs run at 1.1G/1.2G speed. BTW this ROM is great! Thanks!
U just have to flash this kernel.
Read more here.

rainser

Mar 28, 2011
Thanks it works really well with update-CM7-madcat-OC-emmc-032511.zip @ 1.1G.

Some observation:

Interesting I got close to 1800 quandrant at the first try with 1.1G. After that I got only slightly over 1500 in the following tests, some right after reboot. Double checked CPU max is 1.1G in every try.

With update-CM7-madcat-OC-emmc-032511net.zip my tab is repeatedly booting up to the point the flying bee shows up .

With update-CM7-madcat-OC-emmc-032511max.zip it got frozen immediately after switching to 1.2G

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
aww man, I just got the new CM7 w/video fix looking good! <sigh> I need more NCs, dangit..

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
Why would re flashing with full battery make a difference?

Phiremod in his instructions stated to flash with a full battery. In a later post I read he explained the flashing with a anything other then a full charge screws up the charging aspects (dont recall exactly. Had to do with what the NC thinks is a full battery). I flashed mine with a full battery and have had no battery issues at all.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Phiremod in his instructions stated to flash with a full battery. In a later post I read he explained the flashing with a anything other then a full charge screws up the charging aspects (dont recall exactly. Had to do with what the NC thinks is a full battery). I flashed mine with a full battery and have had no battery issues at all.

hmm... You know that kind of fits what I've seen with my flashing. I flashed the new CM7 w/video fix earlier and had a 100% (on charger) state, so we'll see if it makes a difference. If it does, that's kind of sad really. The device can't detect the true state of the battery?

mrfeh

Mar 14, 2011
hmm... You know that kind of fits what I've seen with my flashing. I flashed the new CM7 w/video fix earlier and had a 100% (on charger) state, so we'll see if it makes a difference. If it does, that's kind of sad really. The device can't detect the true state of the battery?
I don't remember what the battery was at when I installed 5.1, but I know it wasn't 100%. I've been somewhat disappointed w/ the battery duration. I'll make sure it's at 100% when I install 5.2; hopefully it will make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.