[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

passcfa

Mar 17, 2011
I had the same issue.

Go into Applications/Manage Apps/All/Market and on the top right mine said something like 'Uninstall Update', tap to uninstall. The app doesn't actually uninstall, just the 'update'.
Since then the market has loaded all my apps. Hopefully this fix 'sticks' but I've rebooted a few times since and all is still well.

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
Wow! Had to do it twice, but the second time, bingo! It worked. Thanks so much. Now i've got like 50 apps that are all waiting to be updated! But, no problem, at least they now show up. thanks again.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Time to put that dial up connection to the test. With that many updates you'll be luck to be finished by Monday ;)

Pyro6128

Dec 11, 2010
Wow! Had to do it twice, but the second time, bingo! It worked. Thanks so much. Now i've got like 50 apps that are all waiting to be updated! But, no problem, at least they now show up. thanks again.

Next time you should also try the market doctor feature in titanium backup. It usually fixes any issues i have with the market not showing my apps

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I had the same issue.

Go into Applications/Manage Apps/All/Market and on the top right mine said something like 'Uninstall Update', tap to uninstall. The app doesn't actually uninstall, just the 'update'.
Since then the market has loaded all my apps. Hopefully this fix 'sticks' but I've rebooted a few times since and all is still well.
Excellent advice.Had same problem and now all fixed! :)

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Running 5.2. This morning I was playing with live wallpapers, I set it to the aquarium paper, it froze up then went black and now I can't do anything, it won't even turn on. Could someone please help me?

edit- After 6 times of trying to turn it on it came on.

Last edited:

mrfeh

Mar 14, 2011
Running 5.2. This morning I was playing with live wallpapers, I set it to the aquarium paper, it froze up then went black and now I can't do anything, it won't even turn on. Could someone please help me?

edit- After 6 times of trying to turn it on it came on.
Related question - do live wallpapers kill the battery? They're pretty cool, but I don't want to use them if it affects battery life in a significant way. Thanks.

Who Dat

Dec 2, 2010
i cant seem to get any clock/weather widgets to work correctly - all the text is off. tried fancy widget, 3d weather, ense - -all the same?

they adjust correctly when turned sideways, but not when upright. any suggestions?

also weatherbug and weatherbug elite both force close

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
I love Weather bug, but it forces close on me "now" too. It seemed to work on 5.1. I just loaded Weather Channel and am using it.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Related question - do live wallpapers kill the battery? They're pretty cool, but I don't want to use them if it affects battery life in a significant way. Thanks.

Livewallperpers can be a big battery drain depending on which you are using. If you have a long screen time out and something like aquarium you will see a drain.

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
Discovered a real easy way to make the Market see all your apps again. If you have Titanium Backup, just go into into the list of apps under "backup/restore" and select "market". Then in the window that pops up, select "wipe data". Then, run market and accept the terms. Select "my apps" and they are all there. Somehow the market resets itself back to not seeing my apps when i download another app, and i have to do this procedure again. Oh well, 5.2 is worth it! Waiting on 5.3 and the stable CM7. Thanks Phiredrop for all you do!!

Problem: Market help needed

I've researched my issue and now must post here due to not being able to find a solution in the forums.

Problem: I flashed Phiremod 5.1 when it became available several weeks ago. I used the market to download and/or purchase 10-12 apps. Then, using Titanium Backup I restored the remainder of my apps from my previous ROM, an Android 2.2 ROM. I flashed Phiremod 5.2 earlier this week when it became available. Love the ROM and basically have no issues with anything except the Market. My market only shows or recognizes apps that I have purchased or downloaded since I flashed and began using Phiremod 5.1, and now 5.2. It does not recognize the remainder of my apps that I restored through Titanium Backup or sideloaded with .apk's.

I have tried the solution of Settings/Applications/Manage Apps/All/Market/clear cache and force close, then Market framework/clear data/force close (I'm typing this process by memory, but I followed the exact directions). I then Powered all the way down, and powered up. Market loaded fine, but still only finds my apps I have either purchased or downloaded since I flashed 5.1.

Anybody got any suggestions? I appreciate any help.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Discovered a real easy way to make the Market see all your apps again. If you have Titanium Backup, just go into into the list of apps under "backup/restore" and select "market". Then in the window that pops up, select "wipe data". Then, run market and accept the terms. Select "my apps" and they are all there. Somehow the market resets itself back to not seeing my apps when i download another app, and i have to do this procedure again. Oh well, 5.2 is worth it! Waiting on 5.3 and the stable CM7. Thanks Phiredrop for all you do!!

Titanium Backup's "wipe data" feature is my first choice whenever an app starts acting funny. It gives every app a fresh start (so to speak) :D

randomizzer

Mar 4, 2011
I just installed 5.3 which seems to be faster but also ran into some problems. One of my apps, TVfood maps is not working. Market thinks it is installed but only if I go to it via dolphin browser but there is no icon for it. I had reinstalled it from my titanium backup, said it installed but it still shows as uninstalled in Titanium backup. When I search the market for it it can't find it. Also the same thing is happening for Weatherbug.

Any ideas?

Not a deal killer on the rom however, just a bit frustrated.

fabolousrmx

Mar 4, 2011
I'm getting a "missing shared library" error when trying to install twitter. It didn't come properly installed with 5.3 so I tried to download it from the market and it didn't work.

Someone else is having this problem on the xda thread too. Just a heads up for potential 5.3 users.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.