[ROM][Feb. 15 2011] >> phiremod nook BETA 2 << Themed Froyo 2.2.1

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Just a small warning...read this post and all xda posts before trying this rom. It could mess your nook up if you do not install it correctly. Make sure you have a nandroid backup first. If u r not familiar with clockwork recovery research that first. If u r unfamiliar with any of this do more research first. DO NOT format sdcard in nook after installing this. Also this is not like the autonooter process. This is for rooted nook color using clockwork recovery.

Anyways I am still running phiremod. Everything is still working! I had to sideload just a few apps that didn't show up in market. But all is well.

I have not tried flashing clockwork or running anything through clockwork until I am absolutely sure it is safe...but it came with rom manager. I have not tried to boot clockwork off of an sdcard so I am not sure. I believe cwr is still present internally because this rom was installed via cwr. I would wait til people over at xda mess with clockwork functions before OC, making backups of phiremod, etc.

All in all it is similar to a 2.2.1 rom one would run on a phone like a droid...
-once flash player is downloaded from the market it has flash!
-taptalk still requires login sometimes, but sometimes just loads up!
-more apps available in 2.2...new market
-froyo copy and paste function
-adw.launcher is stock
-comes wit miui music and gallery
-must tap power to sleep then n to wake quickly at every boot to fix screen touch sensitivety
-if you try to format your sdcard through nook it will royaly screw your nook up
-there is some black on black text that makes it hard to read menu items.
-i have had to force reboot it once so far after it went to sleep and didnt wake back up
-wallpaper sets correctly
-longpress "n" for current Apps

*edits made

sent from my rooted nook color

Last edited:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Here is a screen...

$phiremod cap.jpg

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
Ok.. well its loaded, and doing the second reboot.. it is just like my og Droid.. the bootup is nice.. for a second I was wondering if I left my HC SD in my machine.. Anyways just like was said before if you are familiar with CWR and follow the directions verbatim it should work.. as soon as I logged into the market it started downloading updates.. this seems very promising.. downloading apps now.. but its time to crash.. Good Job phiredrop!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
WHAT!?!?!? After all your 'Don't install to the eMMC yet' posts! I am SO PROUD of you! Let us know how long before your nook melts down, ok? :)

First question, now that it is installed, do you have any issues booting a CWR Bootable SD card?

I know LOL I got brave today! This one had a working market and seemed pretty straight forward. Still I am walking on eggshells until any bugs are made apparent on xda. I would boot cwr from sdcard at your own risk as I do not know how cwr plays with this rom.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Ok.. well its loaded, and doing the second reboot.. it is just like my og Droid.. the bootup is nice.. for a second I was wondering if I left my HC SD in my machine.. Anyways just like was said before if you are familiar with CWR and follow the directions verbatim it should work.. as soon as I logged into the market it started downloading updates.. this seems very promising.. downloading apps now.. but its time to crash.. Good Job phiredrop!

Yea I couldn't sign in through YouTube so I enabled my acct through accounts and sync in settings. Nice rom so far.

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
can u still access the nook library, and can u still sign into B&N so u can download the books?

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Is anybody running it over clocked? How is the speed on a un-overclocked device?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
can u still access the nook library, and can u still sign into B&N so u can download the books?

Well I had to download the nook app from the android market. From the app you can sign into your acct. My purchased books were all there just had to download them again, but didn't have to repay for them. Nook app is similar to what we had built into our nooks.

The interface is totally different on this rom. The bottom bar and nook buttons for shop, library, etc are all gone and settings, etc are in other places now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Is anybody running it over clocked? How is the speed on a un-overclocked device?

I am not going to overclock until I am sure some people @ xda have tried it first. The stock 800 kernel is pretty fast. Everything runs smooth.

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
I am not going to overclock until I am sure some people @ xda have tried it first. The stock 800 kernel is pretty fast. Everything runs smooth.

I agree..no big issues.. With speed so why push it.
Can't find some apps in the market. Tried to find fancy widget but can't..tried to pull the apk from my droid x but can't find it in root explorer..
I did pull swype.apk but got fc like crazy.
Soo it's definitely not for someone that wants a perfect experience, but so far I haven't seen a rooted option that is 100% yet.
I FINALLY got adb working through usb last night I may try to play with HC this weekend.

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
Well I had to download the nook app from the android market. From the app you can sign into your acct. My purchased books were all there just had to download them again, but didn't have to repay for them. Nook app is similar to what we had built into our nooks.

The interface is totally different on this rom. The bottom bar and nook buttons for shop, library, etc are all gone and settings, etc are in other places now.

i may have to wait and see if they can get that bottom bar back and the text to show up white

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I agree..no big issues.. With speed so why push it.
Can't find some apps in the market. Tried to find fancy widget but can't..tried to pull the apk from my droid x but can't find it in root explorer..
I did pull swype.apk but got fc like crazy.
Soo it's definitely not for someone that wants a perfect experience, but so far I haven't seen a rooted option that is 100% yet.
I FINALLY got adb working through usb last night I may try to play with HC this weekend.

Yea I don't know why certain apps don't show up in market. I Googled some apks. You can backup programs with Titanium Backup on your Droid X and copy them from sdcard on X to Nook and then install apk. Tibu stores backup apks in sdcard/TitaniumBackup...copy whole file to nook then you can restore apps from TitaniumBackup on Nook, or find apk via astro in TitaniumBackup folder and install on nook.

I am using the app smart keyboard which works fine, but I downloaded it from market. I didnt install it in system apps with root exlporer.