[ROM] Honeycomb v4 eMMC 2nd ed. - Flashable ZIP {02/21/11}

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I give up for tonight, not having any luck writing image.

That sucks! I used winrar to extract, win32diskmanager to write the image

I was hoping to have someone else around here I could share in the experience with...there is always tomorrow

csrabear

Dec 25, 2010
I am running Honeycomb too. I really like the UI. I have market working and have downloaded a few apps. For those who have trouble writing the image I had to use winimage to burn it. I also used 7zip to extract this image:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19454593/nookhoney.7z

I also used a 4GB class4 card and it works. When I burned it with winimage I got a message at the end of the writing process stating there was not enough room but it still worked anyway. Hope this helps. You can also go to xda-developers and read the very active thread there.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Well in my attempt to understand more...I decided to install adb (it took over a frackin hour!...stupid windows drivers) now I am too tired to do anything else...so tomorrow when I get home...have to re-image my sd card (wanted my books back to read during lunch tomorrow) and then I can install the market via adb.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I am running Honeycomb too. I really like the UI. I have market working and have downloaded a few apps. For those who have trouble writing the image I had to use winimage to burn it. I also used 7zip to extract this image:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19454593/nookhoney.7z

I also used a 4GB class4 card and it works. When I burned it with winimage I got a message at the end of the writing process stating there was not enough room but it still worked anyway. Hope this helps. You can also go to xda-developers and read the very active thread there.

Yay! Not the only one. I really like the UI as well, very different than where we are now.

seankalub

Dec 31, 2010
Rico, I'm waiting on you man. If it's good to go please let us know!!! btw I backed up my apks on Astro, i'm assuming it will work when I root.

lifeisfun

Jan 1, 2011
Now updated (image 02) now sound working aswell ! :)
See first post for download.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Rico, I'm waiting on you man. If it's good to go please let us know!!! btw I backed up my apks on Astro, i'm assuming it will work when I root.

Well don't hold your breath on my account, since having trouble getting the image onto a sd card. Not sure if it's my win7 64 bit is not liking any of the version of either winimage or win32diskimager. Or, possibly, my card reader is going on me. May drop by the store today and get a new one.

bonzer2u

Jan 29, 2011
Well don't hold your breath on my account, since having trouble getting the image onto a sd card. Not sure if it's my win7 64 bit is not liking any of the version of either winimage or win32diskimager. Or, possibly, my card reader is going on me. May drop by the store today and get a new one.

rico, make sure you use wn32diskimager .2 r23 32bit.
if your flashing a 4gb card it will hang at 97%, just abort and the sd should work fine.
if using 8gb or greater sd, get a hold of easus partition manager, you will be able to recover the free space above 4gb for use...

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
rico, make sure you use wn32diskimager .2 r23 32bit.
if your flashing a 4gb card it will hang at 97%, just abort and the sd should work fine.
if using 8gb or greater sd, get a hold of easus partition manager, you will be able to recover the free space above 4gb for use...

Already tried that version, and I'm using an 8Gb card.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
rico, try the newest version of the build...I created a honeycomb thread in general area and quoted deeper-blue...at the bottom of the quote is a link to v2 of his build...with sound!

lifeisfun

Jan 1, 2011
Or just visit the first page of this thread that was updated to that image 8 hours ago :)

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Finally able to create v2 image on sd card. Turns out my card reader, although appears to be fine, was going bad. Time to boot android 3.0. :)