[ROM] Honeycomb v4 eMMC 2nd ed. - Flashable ZIP {02/21/11}

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Just installed Honeycomb. Google market did not appear. Anyone know how to install? Also is Honeycomb only running off my SD card, can I remove and still run it? Lost all my apks so not sure about the above post.

Google Market isn't in the HC build...you have to install it through ADB. Directions for setting up ADB can be found HERE

HC is only running off your SD Card as it is not a fully functioning OS yet, it you take out the SD Card, you will revert back to internal storage and whatever you had installed there.

lifeisfun

Jan 1, 2011

lifeisfun

Jan 1, 2011
Updated to version V.03
Changelog:

v03 - 02/05/2011
-fixed screen turning animations and previews in taskswitcher
-sd card access and secure storage support
-turned off the debug screen flashes and vibrator
-added display timings
-sd card image now usable on 4gb cards
-changed to a self compiled kernel to make these things work
-reduced compressed image size

The unzipped image is around 3.5gb.

MD5 (nookhoney03.img.zip) = e071ddf846e89e19a774dcf03f78dc3d
http://www.rbrune.de/nookhoney03.img.zip.torrent
http://www.rbrune.de/nookhoney03.img.zip

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Lifeisfun suggestion, can you update your op title as new revisions are released, thanks.

Think it would help out.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Android Tablets Forum App

lifeisfun

Jan 1, 2011
I would love to do that but I'm unable to edit the original title :(
Feel free to step in :)

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
OK, I am back from my trip and had a chance to load up v3 of the HoneyComb on SD posted above...

WOW

'nuff said.

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Im still relatively new to my rooted nc. I have been running pre-rooted v1.1.0 and over clocked to1.1ghz for sometime now. Am i correct in understanding that if i write the honeycomb image to a sd card it will only boot to honeycomb with the card? Meaning that once i take out the card it will boot right back tobmy current state? Thanks in advance.

sent from my rooted nook color

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Im still relatively new to my rooted nc. I have been running pre-rooted v1.1.0 and over clocked to1.1ghz for sometime now. Am i correct in understanding that if i write the honeycomb image to a sd card it will only boot to honeycomb with the card? Meaning that once i take out the card it will boot right back tobmy current state? Thanks in advance.

That is correct.

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
I just downloaded the zip from the torrent link above. Should the zip really only be 171mb?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Keep in mind that most zipped files are under heavy compression, so it is very well possible that the zipped file is only 171mb

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
I checked the md5 and yes indeed it is correct. Now i have a project for the day.