[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Youtube seems to be working now. I watched videos right from app. Working in browser too. I am using miren brower.

Sent from my fascinate

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Youtube seems to be working now. I watched videos right from app. Working in browser too. I am using miren brower.

Sent from my fascinate

Nice. Just had a chance to settle down, dl'ing an flashing now.

edit: UD 3.2.0 running smooth, video is a lot better than previous versions

Last edited:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
It is performing well. I can't get the themes to work from UD settings though. I have to download theme chooser themes from the market instead. Still can't get screen shot apps to work.

jonros

Mar 15, 2011
Has anyone tried any with this latest UD and your experience? Looking to overclock some more - and on that note, how much OCing can the Nook take?
Thanks in advance.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Has anyone tried any with this latest UD and your experience? Looking to overclock some more - and on that note, how much OCing can the Nook take?
Thanks in advance.

Well, it has been reliably OC'd to 1100MHz. I don't know the theoretical limit but that seems to get the job done in everyday use.

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
Are there any video or pic's of what these update's look like? I have no clue what these are since I'm a virgin here! 8)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Are there any video or pic's of what these update's look like? I have no clue what these are since I'm a virgin here! 8)

There are in here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-themes-wallpapers/8547-just-screenshoots.html just look for the ROM you are curious about in the descrptions. Really though each is going to be different because of custimization by the user of the screens more so than differences in ROMs. The ROMs have small differences like menu text colors, notification bars top or bottom. For the most part you can't tell one ROM from another since the bulk of what you see is user driven.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Also I don't believe any screen capture apps work on Ultimate Droid/Ginger Bread so that is why I haven't posted any UD screen shots.

reebz

Apr 2, 2011
I just tried to install UD 3.2.5. I have the latest CWM, 3.0.0.5. on my NC. I did the following:

-Copy ultimate_encore-ota-eng.blackdroid.3.2.5.zip to root directory of your SD card
-Open CWM rom manager, press boot to recovery
-Main menu > Wipe data/factory reset
-Main menu > install zip from Sd card > choose zip from sd card > pick ultimate_encore-ota-eng.blackdroid.3.2.5.zip
-Press yes to flash rom

I got the following:

--Installing: /sdcard/ultimate_encore-ota-eng.blackdroid.3.2.5.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "encore" II getprop("ro.build.product") == "encore" II getprop("ro.product.board") == "encore"
E:Error in /sdcard/ultimate_encore-ota-eng.blackdroid.3.2.5.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I'm restoring until I can figure this out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: After restore, it froze at CWM main screen with "Reboot into Android" highlighted. I turned it off and restarted and now bootlooping at "nook color" screen.

EDIT EDIT: I got it back to CWM and restored an earlier backup. It restores boot, system, data, then ".android_secure.img not found. Skipping restore of /sdcard/.android_secure." Restoring cache, Restore complete, but it's frozen. I'm at CWM main menu with "reboot system now" highlighted, but nothing works. Volume up and down, N button, nothing works

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
^You all have to read the instructions. It's clearly stated in the first post of this thread, you must use CWM recovery 3.0.1 or higher with this rom.

...btw, thanks I didn't know there was a new UD version out. :)

---------------------------------

Update to OP: UD 3.2.5 released

UD 3.2.5 Changelog
--------------------------------

* Updated kernel for:
* Desire (CDMA/GSM)
* Evo
* Nexus One

- sync AOSP
- better battery life
- removed Bgill from the themer menu
- fixed a few issues with the ud launcher
- some modifications to bluetooth for greater stability and performance
- faster wimax connection for evo (cyanogen)
- cleaned up public API for Notification Profiles (martinlong)
- fixed issue with AM/PM statusbar configuration issues
- fix issue when capturing video from MMS intent
- fixing a race condition while stopping video playback (Vinay Kalia)
- fix repeatedly called onLongPress (fixes the camera app issue - Pavel Kucera)
- fixed typo in android that caused an connectivity issue (Kostya Dmitriev)
- egl: fixes for object refcounts (Michael I. Gold)
- some updates to the wimax code (rmmc)
- added mount/unmount/format options for removable mounts to Settings -> Storage (Cristian Henzel)

Last edited:

reebz

Apr 2, 2011
I think we all can admit I'm a moron. Let's see what I can do now.

EDIT: Installed CWM 3.0.1 and when I open Rom Manager it says current and latest recoveries are 3.0.0.5, but I at least was able to get to the boot screen and all appears working

EDIT EDIT: Successfully installed UD 3.2.5

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I think we all can admit I'm a moron. Let's see what I can do now.

EDIT: Installed CWM 3.0.1 and when I open Rom Manager it says current and latest recoveries are 3.0.0.5, but I at least was able to get to the boot screen and all appears working

EDIT EDIT: Successfully installed UD 3.2.5

CWMR 3.0.1 is a update to version 3.0.0.5 and contains both 3.0.0.6 & 3.0.0.7, which are used for ext.4 roms. Combining them all makes 3.0.1 backward compatible to all current roms, therefore usefull to all. You will still sometimes see 3.0.0.5 installed in CWM rom manager and other places since that version was the last installed by rom manger. The 3.0.1 update is somewhat of an overlay. Hope that clears things up.

Happy Nooking. :)