[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
@tenderidol
There's got to be a solution. Even if it's changing roms or waiting for another public release or becoming a donator and trying the nightlies... :)

Sent from my Droid

On my way home, I stopped by B&N store to pick up an extra charger for my office. While there, I tested my NC with the store's WiFi. It was AT&T through Starbucks. It connected to the network instantenously, and when I launched DolphinHD, I was presented with a T&C page to check a box prior to connecting to internet. My experience under the same scenario was different with a Nookie Froyo ROM: it would connect to AT&T WiFi, but say "no internet" and DolphinHD would show "network not available" page, instead.

Except for the situation at work (i.e., not being able to connect to ANY of the 4 available WiFis), the WiFi connection is a lot better and reliable with UD compared to other ROMs I've tried. Luckily, I am surrounded with computers at work and wont need NC for e-mail, etc. Having internet during those long, boring meetings would have been better, but I'll either take my iPod Touch with me or just read an ebook :D

By the way, the feel of the new micro USB cable is completely different from my original one. Sometimes I have to come in with a specific angle to insert the original cable, whereas the new one is a lot more smoother and easy. I thought it was the NC, but it seems like the little glitch is coming from the cable.

Last edited:

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Does anybody know -from forum updates and/or nightlies- whether future UD releases will include a better designed soft keys on the status bar? Similar to this may be?

$jIUdy.png

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
Haven't seen that on any of the roms. It does, however, come with button Savior. You can also install softkwys to get that bar as well.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Grinchy, assuming that's your own network, my first step would be to completely disable security and try to connect. If it won't connect, you have either a hardware or firewall issue. If it will connect, you have a software/setup issue. Try that and let us know your results. (I went through the same thing when I tried to get my PS3 on my router.. It just did NOT like my old router.)

grinchy

Feb 11, 2011
Grinchy, assuming that's your own network, my first step would be to completely disable security and try to connect. If it won't connect, you have either a hardware or firewall issue. If it will connect, you have a software/setup issue. Try that and let us know your results. (I went through the same thing when I tried to get my PS3 on my router.. It just did NOT like my old router.)

will give that a try...however my ps3...gtablet...laptop...droid phone all connect just fine :)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
will give that a try...however my ps3...gtablet...laptop...droid phone all connect just fine :)

If all your other devices work fine, I'd say it's within your NC. Just throwing this out there, but did you enter your network password into the NC correctly? Have you tested other networks around you or elsewhere?

Oh and exactly what is your NC seeing? Are you listing your network and others? or just having a problem connecting?

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
With all those running, I agree with Rico that it's probably not the router and that you should check the key you entered. Also, pay attention to which type of security you are picking. I've never used WPA personal, and I don't recall seeing it on the NC...

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Which kernel is being used, that is giving the wifi problem? Kernels often cause issues like this. Also did anyone figure out a screenshot app that works with UD?

eghill1125

Feb 25, 2011
I second the posting above and think that may be a sign in problem with the router. The password may not be recognized for some reason. I use WPA2 Personal on mine, so I can't think it is a security setting except for possibly the password.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Day 2 at work with NC running UD 3.1.2 and still having "fun" with WiFi. The poor thing is trying to connect to every possible network and going in cycles (i.e., "scanning -> connecting -> disconnected"). Needless to say, this is just eating up the battery. I'll just turn off WiFi and let it sit next to my other computers. I guess NC will be a true "eReader" at work for me unless an update changes something in the WiFi connection settings. I know it's a specific case (i.e., it connects to every open network fine including Starbucks, but not the ones I have at work), but knowing that I was OK with Nookie Froyo, I just can't let it go :D

May be, I'll just run Nookie from SD at work and boot into UD when I am not using work WiFi coverage.

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Day 2 at work with NC running UD 3.1.2 and still having "fun" with WiFi. The poor thing is trying to connect to every possible network and going in cycles (i.e., "scanning -> connecting -> disconnected"). Needless to say, this is just eating up the battery. I'll just turn off WiFi and let it sit next to my other computers. I guess NC will be a true "eReader" at work for me unless an update changes something in the WiFi connection settings. I know it's a specific case (i.e., it connects to every open network fine including Starbucks, but not the ones I have at work), but knowing that I was OK with Nookie Froyo, I just can't let it go :D

May be, I'll just run Nookie from SD at work and boot into UD when I am not using work WiFi coverage.

Mine was doing the same thing today. I wonder if it's something to do with the enterprise security? Don't blame this ROM though... My autorooted NC used to do the same thing. Getting IT to reboot the router usually helps mine.

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
hi guys -
two issues i have so far ..

anyone have issues playing mp4 vids?

I did. The videos i had working previously can not play in default and some of the other players. I finally found a player that does work (mostly) in the market. Its called QQPlayer

fabolousrmx

Mar 4, 2011
Hey I'm really interested in installing this on my NC are there any vids/screen shots of this running on the NC so I can see what i'm getting myself into? Thanks!