[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I accidentally broke gallery and music. I'm working on trying to figure out what I did to break them..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
What was the error? Can you paste the output of logcat?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Download alogcat from the market.
I know about the music player.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Check your pm

jpuma1616

Mar 8, 2011
error while trying to set wallpaper to my own picture

The application Camera (process com.android.gallery) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
The music player error is sure to done bad xml and what appears to be missing resources. The temporary fix until I can get 1.2a finished is to replace /system/app/Music.apk with the apk from 1.1.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks for the rom, looks good however I can't get any wallpaper to work. Sorry figured it out. Thanks

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Please check the last 10 or so posts in this thread before reporting issues. Odds are if it's been 24+ hrs, someone has found the issue and posted here. If not, by all means, post a new bug here.

Sir Robin

Jan 22, 2011
Very happy with this ROM, saved my kyros as the screen was mostly fried but this one makes it at least tolerable.

Any one know where to get the black and grey wallpaper image used in it.?

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
Please check the last 10 or so posts in this thread before reporting issues. Odds are if it's been 24+ hrs, someone has found the issue and posted here. If not, by all means, post a new bug here.
Contacts and calendar are perfect.
I tried lots of things trying to fix gallery / wallpaper with no luck, replaced apps, vold.conf etc. (you can change it to one from adw or launcher list just not gallery or file explorer)
I still have the same issue with terminal emulator on v1.2. (still looks like bash to me?)
Titanium backup will not restore anything. It shows root but I think data may be inaccessible to it.

All in all, none of the problems are of any real consequence. I hope you sort them but it works great.

Bill

Edit. you know what, all of that was stuff you already know which you just pointed out you don't need. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
billquinn: if people are providing actual information (i.e. can be changed from launcher but not gallery, etc), it doesn't bother me as much. but just to say "this doesn't work" after someone else has already mentioned it is useless.

the Gallery issue is because the Camera.apk crashed. i removed it in my sandbox, but i'm doing more stuff than i should at once, and i have broken some other stuff.. i am working on 1.2a.. i think i'm just going to unzip 1.2, remove Camera.apk, replace Music.apk, etc. as a quick fix.

btw, that wallpaper is from zedge. if you use adb, you can pull framework-res.apk from the tablet and get res/drawable/default_background.jpg out of it. (i think that's the filename.. the underscore might be wrong.)

yes, i did forget to change the shell.. it was late and my wife was wanting me to come to bed.

ImWarped

Mar 8, 2011
Any possibility of a cifs.ko module in an upcoming release? Or are we still working with the ****ty incomplete kernel source that wont compile? Love what you're doing so far!

Sent from my MID7015 using Android Tablet Forum App